Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party 10:55 - Feb 7 with 44640 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who on here would vote for it?

This attack looks very coordinated this morning

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:30 - Feb 8 with 2672 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 00:19 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

If you check leftist sites you'll find pollsters putting Labour ahead by a small margin, this was around the time Diane Abbott was on Question Time though so don't know if it's changed by now. But there are a LOT of poll companies it seems.

As I said these are the latest polls (note the dates)

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:35 - Feb 8 with 2666 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 22:03 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

And this poll out today

That's such a wonderfully damning poll

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:45 - Feb 8 with 2659 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:35 - Feb 8 by Swansea_Blue

3rd in a 2 horse race is some achievement.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 2649 viewsgiant_stow

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:35 - Feb 8 by Swansea_Blue

bludy centrists. why can't they just see Jez has come to save us.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:56 - Feb 8 with 2644 viewswkj

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/bdt8liuhhj/TheTim

Bit of a crap sample size in all honesty, not to mention "The Times" being in the data sheet, and the times being a conservative supporting paper.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 9:57]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:56 - Feb 8 with 2642 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:53 - Feb 8 by giant_stow

bludy centrists. why can't they just see Jez has come to save us.

Truly, I say to you, no prophet is acceptable in his own country. (Luke 4:24, RSV 2CE)

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:07 - Feb 8 with 2611 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:56 - Feb 8 by wkj

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/bdt8liuhhj/TheTim

Bit of a crap sample size in all honesty, not to mention "The Times" being in the data sheet, and the times being a conservative supporting paper.

It's the Jewell v Keane debate for politics. Where's our SBR got to? We desperately need some leadership that's competent, inclusive, positive, etc...

I find it all very depressing at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:24 - Feb 8 with 2589 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 09:56 - Feb 8 by wkj

Using newspaper bias is a poor excuse.

The opinium poll giving the Tories a seven point lead were commissioned by the LibDem supporting Observer.

https://www.opinium.co.uk/labour-actually-slipped-behind-two-weeks-ago/
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 10:28]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:34 - Feb 8 with 2574 viewsBogblue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:25 - Feb 7 by footers

In the hearts and minds of sandal-wearers everywhere they do. But seriously, they're still an established party with a good local presence. People know what they are and have probably forgiven the whole betrayal bit by now.

they're invisible in all but local politics
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 2563 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:34 - Feb 8 by Bogblue

they're invisible in all but local politics

Indeed. But if a new centrist party is to be established they'll have to put a hell of a lot of spadework in just to get on par with the LDs at local level. Currently I'd say the LDs are still far better placed to take the centre ground than any new party. They'd need a bit of a revamp though and to remove Saint Vince from the leadership.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:59 - Feb 8 with 2546 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:38 - Feb 8 by footers

Indeed. But if a new centrist party is to be established they'll have to put a hell of a lot of spadework in just to get on par with the LDs at local level. Currently I'd say the LDs are still far better placed to take the centre ground than any new party. They'd need a bit of a revamp though and to remove Saint Vince from the leadership.

Layla Moran looks a bright prospect for when Vince Cable steps down.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/the-bright-new-face-of-the-centre-a-mee

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 8 with 2538 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:24 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

The opinium poll giving the Tories a seven point lead were commissioned by the LibDem supporting Observer.

Nothing I said was an excuse, it was all factual as per the data sheet. The times were involved, which is factual, and the times are a conservative supporting paper, which is also factual.

The only point I made that was opinion was the sample size was rubbish.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 11:04]

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:11 - Feb 8 with 2518 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:59 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Layla Moran looks a bright prospect for when Vince Cable steps down.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/the-bright-new-face-of-the-centre-a-mee

Interesting, cheers. Vaguely remember the Greens making way for someone. Still a bit too young at 36 with only a year under her belt. One to look out for definitely. Seems very human.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:32 - Feb 8 with 2503 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 8 by wkj

Nothing I said was an excuse, it was all factual as per the data sheet. The times were involved, which is factual, and the times are a conservative supporting paper, which is also factual.

The only point I made that was opinion was the sample size was rubbish.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 11:04]

I dint see Times readers in the data. Also 1000 people is the usual sample size for a poll and the you give poll is almost double that number.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 11:35]

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:35 - Feb 8 with 2499 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:32 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I dint see Times readers in the data. Also 1000 people is the usual sample size for a poll and the you give poll is almost double that number.

The link I provided is the raw data of the poll you posted. At the top it says YouGov/Times

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:36 - Feb 8 with 2496 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:32 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Which is rubbish and why polls are pretty rubbish

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:37 - Feb 8 with 2494 viewsNo9

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:24 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Polls? didn't you say the ttoires would win the last election by somethign like 35 seats = easy peasy?
Didn't you forecast before Mrs May was leader Mr Gove would be the next tory leader?
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:44 - Feb 8 with 2482 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:35 - Feb 8 by wkj

The link I provided is the raw data of the poll you posted. At the top it says YouGov/Times

Yes Opinion polls are carried out on behalf of Newspapers. The polls themselves are not aimed at the readers of those newspapers, hence the statement that "Times being a Conservative supporting paper" is irrelevant.

Unless you are saying that the Times would have buried the poll if the results had come back with a Labour lead of seven points and Corbyn on top as "who would make the best Prime Minister". Which is of course nonsense because the Times have published polls that have shown that and the Guardian publish polls showing the Tories in the lead.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:44 - Feb 8 with 2477 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:44 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Yes Opinion polls are carried out on behalf of Newspapers. The polls themselves are not aimed at the readers of those newspapers, hence the statement that "Times being a Conservative supporting paper" is irrelevant.

Unless you are saying that the Times would have buried the poll if the results had come back with a Labour lead of seven points and Corbyn on top as "who would make the best Prime Minister". Which is of course nonsense because the Times have published polls that have shown that and the Guardian publish polls showing the Tories in the lead.

I am saying this poll and other polls are rubbish because of the sample size.

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:46 - Feb 8 with 2466 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:37 - Feb 8 by No9

Polls? didn't you say the ttoires would win the last election by somethign like 35 seats = easy peasy?
Didn't you forecast before Mrs May was leader Mr Gove would be the next tory leader?

I said 100+ seats. And that was based on my gut feeling rather than the polls, which at the time of the election had closed considerably in Labour's favour.

Re your second question. No. I said, and this is as close to the quote that I can remember, I would like Gove to be the next leader but he has a face that only a mother could love and would be a big turn off to the voters despite being the best man for the job.

Blimey, I've never seen so many people get defensive over some adverse polling.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:47 - Feb 8 with 2461 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:44 - Feb 8 by wkj

I am saying this poll and other polls are rubbish because of the sample size.

So the "Times being a Conservative supporting paper" was irrelevant then?

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:49 - Feb 8 with 2456 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:46 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I said 100+ seats. And that was based on my gut feeling rather than the polls, which at the time of the election had closed considerably in Labour's favour.

Re your second question. No. I said, and this is as close to the quote that I can remember, I would like Gove to be the next leader but he has a face that only a mother could love and would be a big turn off to the voters despite being the best man for the job.

Blimey, I've never seen so many people get defensive over some adverse polling.

Being objective about the quality of data is far from being defensive.

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 2454 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:47 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

So the "Times being a Conservative supporting paper" was irrelevant then?

It would appear that it is indeed irrelevant in your opinion
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 11:52]

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:57 - Feb 8 with 2435 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:50 - Feb 8 by wkj

It would appear that it is indeed irrelevant in your opinion
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 11:52]

It is irrelevant as the Times have no control over the results and the polls are not aimed at Times readers.

Sometimes it's best just to admit to being wrong.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:03 - Feb 8 with 2418 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:57 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

It is irrelevant as the Times have no control over the results and the polls are not aimed at Times readers.

Sometimes it's best just to admit to being wrong.

I was not wrong, I stated 1 opinion and 2 facts with 0 bias at any point.

My opinion is that the sample of the poll is rubbish, and subsequently applied that to many polls

Then I stated the fact that the opinion data was sourced (atleast in part) by the Times (Factually correct) and then the political bias of The Times (Factually correct)

I never once gave any indication that I thought those facts meant anything or did not mean anything.

So, no, I was not wrong.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024