Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great to have Jonas.... 12:18 - Feb 14 with 4049 viewsBloots

....back in the fold isn't it?

I'm sure everyone agrees.

Thought so.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

At centre back... 100% yes (n/t) on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 2096 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 2097 viewsOsborneOneNil

Superb last night at CB
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:20 - Feb 14 with 2090 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I thought him and his agent had burnt all their bridges with PL!

...but I'm quite happy to have him back in if he's performing well.

I'd take Iwan Roberts if he could score the goals to keep us up!! ;-)

(its still a no to Darren Eadie though)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:21 - Feb 14 with 2082 viewsdavblue

He's been good the last 2 games.

He's not been good at all the rest of the season though, much like the team. I do think he would be a good one to keep but obviously it's not going to happen, he's always been a solid left back if a little limited.
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:21 - Feb 14 with 2080 viewsurbanblue

He was immense last night ... but then again, if I remember correctly, he was great when he played in the centre for a couple of games under Mick as well.

Who's stupid idea was it to then move him back to left back?
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:21 - Feb 14 with 2075 viewsGooders7592

I've never been a fan of his, and certainly not after this contract situation. However, you can tell he's passionate and has played well last two games. Can't ask for much more than that.
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:26 - Feb 14 with 2028 viewsSteve_M

Definitely, we should be playing our best players as much as possible.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:26 - Feb 14 with 2019 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:21 - Feb 14 by urbanblue

He was immense last night ... but then again, if I remember correctly, he was great when he played in the centre for a couple of games under Mick as well.

It’ll be Lambert in a week or so when Chambers comes back in...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:29 - Feb 14 with 2001 viewsMrTown

Very much so indeed, he's performed very well since he has come back.

Don't understand the need for the condescending nature but hey ho, some people are pretentious.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 12:30]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 1985 viewsHerbivore

He's the best left back at the club which is why he plays there. He's not the best centre back at the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:32 - Feb 14 with 1980 viewsPJH

Possibly he gets played at LB(when he does) because he is our best LB?
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:32 - Feb 14 with 1971 viewsMrTown

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:31 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He's the best left back at the club which is why he plays there. He's not the best centre back at the club.

He certainly is indeed, never thought he was until I saw Elder and Kenlock play and then Knudsen against scum.

He's a level above the rest at the moment.

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:34 - Feb 14 with 1950 viewsbadadski

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:21 - Feb 14 by Gooders7592

I've never been a fan of his, and certainly not after this contract situation. However, you can tell he's passionate and has played well last two games. Can't ask for much more than that.

Its not that hes a great centre back, hes good a centre back, but better because Chambers was out who mixed with Pennington are accidents waiting to happen.
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:34 - Feb 14 with 1957 viewsitfcjoe

Personally think it is a situation lambert hasn't handled well - although don't have the full info obviously!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:37 - Feb 14 with 1930 viewsBluebell

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:32 - Feb 14 by MrTown

He certainly is indeed, never thought he was until I saw Elder and Kenlock play and then Knudsen against scum.

He's a level above the rest at the moment.

I have to say I thought Kenlock was our weakest link last night. Luckily Knudsen was there to pick up the pieces of his mistakes!

I don't care what position Jonas plays, he should be in the team.
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:37 - Feb 14 with 1930 viewsMrTown

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:34 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

Personally think it is a situation lambert hasn't handled well - although don't have the full info obviously!

What makes you say that? Don't neccessarily disagree just want to know your understanding.

Don't think he could have done much more, Knudsen seems to have made it very clear he wants away which is ok because we are dropping into L1 and he is 26 years old.

He had to get cover because Knudsen could have left any given day during that transfer window and Lambert had to prepare for life after Knudsen. But as soon as the window was shut and Knudsen wasn't leaving, he's recognised he's our best LB and has put him back into the team.

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:38 - Feb 14 with 1926 viewsMrTown

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:37 - Feb 14 by Bluebell

I have to say I thought Kenlock was our weakest link last night. Luckily Knudsen was there to pick up the pieces of his mistakes!

I don't care what position Jonas plays, he should be in the team.

Agree, took some friends who aren't Town fans and have no idea about the players. (cheap tickets)

They said our left back was certainly our weakest link, and was quite rash with his distribution, they noted Chalobah & Pennington as the stand out players.

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 1909 viewsParisBlue

I'm not sure Toto Nsiala will agree with you.

Always liked him at CB after his forays there there the beginning of last season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 1901 viewsMrTown

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:41 - Feb 14 by ParisBlue

I'm not sure Toto Nsiala will agree with you.

Always liked him at CB after his forays there there the beginning of last season.

He's ok, seemed to do well against Sheff Wed, slightly harsh to be left out at the moment.

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 1894 viewsyorkshire

Anyone would think he was playing to get a new contract with another club :-)

But in all seriousness I never understood the hate - he does have his limitations and made the heinous crime of sticking up for the guy that gave him a chance in English football - but he is a decent Championship player and I am sure he will be playing there - or at least at that level next season
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 1890 viewsPJH

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:34 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

I can understand PL getting Elder in because I think everyone was of the assumption that Jonas would be off sometime in January.
I am sure that if Jonas had been picked for games in January he would have given his all, as PL admits so in retrospect we would have been better using our best LB whilst we had him.
We now have Elder being more or less redundant because I think the other five loanees are all going to be in the 18 if fit.
Great to have Jonas.... on 12:44 - Feb 14 with 1880 viewsbadadski

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:42 - Feb 14 by yorkshire

Anyone would think he was playing to get a new contract with another club :-)

But in all seriousness I never understood the hate - he does have his limitations and made the heinous crime of sticking up for the guy that gave him a chance in English football - but he is a decent Championship player and I am sure he will be playing there - or at least at that level next season

He never played dreadful for us, just mixed with all the dross just never really stood out. I have always rated him as a centre back as for his size, he is dogged, good in the air, physical and has more pace than say Chambers who i think has been part of our problem especially with Pennington.
Happy Valentines Day.... on 12:56 - Feb 14 with 1840 viewsBloots

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:29 - Feb 14 by MrTown

Very much so indeed, he's performed very well since he has come back.

Don't understand the need for the condescending nature but hey ho, some people are pretentious.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 12:30]

....Sweetcheeks.

x

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Great to have Jonas.... on 13:10 - Feb 14 with 1788 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great to have Jonas.... on 12:37 - Feb 14 by MrTown

What makes you say that? Don't neccessarily disagree just want to know your understanding.

Don't think he could have done much more, Knudsen seems to have made it very clear he wants away which is ok because we are dropping into L1 and he is 26 years old.

He had to get cover because Knudsen could have left any given day during that transfer window and Lambert had to prepare for life after Knudsen. But as soon as the window was shut and Knudsen wasn't leaving, he's recognised he's our best LB and has put him back into the team.

You’ve answered your own question there though - if he’s our best left back at the club then he should have been playing there throughout January

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 13:46 - Feb 14 with 1706 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024