Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our January business 17:48 - Mar 2 with 4525 viewsDubtractor

Judge and Keane aside it was pretty bloody poor wasn't it?

Those 2 aside none of the players have improved us, and in some cases may be worse than we already had.

Means we spent a fair while bedding in players that haven't helped us at all, when we would probably have been better off spending the time working with what we had. And that is some statement when considering the largely poor quality we had to start with.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 3303 viewsMullysplace1

The Evans era has become a joke. Nothing involving that man seems to work out.
Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 3302 viewsFunge

Quaner was/ is a sensationally bad signing; he's honestly on a par with Bajner, except we're paying him much, much higher wages.

There is almost no cause for optimism under the current ownership regime; that said, would I want to punt £40m at this team, considering the absolute nonsense of modern football? Obviously not....

We haven't seen the worst of this yet.
Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 3299 viewsBlueBadger

The other thing that happened was that Lambert apparently felt obligated to pointlessly rotate the squad for most of the month, giving us even less cohesion and understanding of each other on the pitch.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our January business on 17:55 - Mar 2 with 3263 viewsKeaneish

What's wrong with Bree and Collins?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Our January business on 17:57 - Mar 2 with 3242 viewsDubtractor

Our January business on 17:55 - Mar 2 by Keaneish

What's right with them?

Collins is OK, but painfully slow and evidently hasn't improved us.

Bree was rubbish first half today and gave the ball away so many times in attacking positions.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Our January business on 17:58 - Mar 2 with 3237 viewshomer_123

Collins needs to go to a glue factory.

Bree.....jobbing right back.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our January business on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 3207 viewshomer_123

Wages we are paying for Quaner and Keane are ludicrous in comparison to what they've offered.

Would we have had Keane over Didz, Waggy, Garner or even Sears?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our January business on 18:00 - Mar 2 with 3209 viewsGarv

Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

The other thing that happened was that Lambert apparently felt obligated to pointlessly rotate the squad for most of the month, giving us even less cohesion and understanding of each other on the pitch.

Pointlessly rotate? So not anything to do with trying to get points on the board and trying different things with a squad that shown itself not to be good enough all season?

You're getting worse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Our January business on 18:04 - Mar 2 with 3178 viewsLankHenners

I never thought I’d be saying the words ‘we missed Will Keane today’ but here we are. A real shame that Folami and Morris are stuck on the treatment table as they’d surely have got a go by now and wouldn’t have done any worse.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our January business on 18:12 - Mar 2 with 3152 viewsBlueBadger

Our January business on 18:00 - Mar 2 by Garv

Pointlessly rotate? So not anything to do with trying to get points on the board and trying different things with a squad that shown itself not to be good enough all season?

You're getting worse.

Lamert himself spent a lot of the run-up to January telling us how consistency was the key. Then January came around and he constantly chopped and changed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our January business on 18:12 - Mar 2 with 3149 viewsKeaneish

Our January business on 17:57 - Mar 2 by Dubtractor

What's right with them?

Bree was rubbish first half today and gave the ball away so many times in attacking positions.

You're basing their quality on one half of football?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Our January business on 18:17 - Mar 2 with 3130 viewsDubtractor

Our January business on 18:12 - Mar 2 by Keaneish

You're basing their quality on one half of football?

No. Generally he very clearly has not improved us, I was just giving an example.

He hasn't looked any better than Spence.

Our January business on 18:21 - Mar 2 with 3104 viewsflimflam

Bree is decent though and would try and keep him next season

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Our January business on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 3065 viewsITFC_Forever

Thanks to the first half of the season, we were shopping in a pretty limited market.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our January business on 17:58 - Mar 3 with 2769 viewsGarv

Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 by Funge

Quaner was/ is a sensationally bad signing; he's honestly on a par with Bajner, except we're paying him much, much higher wages.

There is almost no cause for optimism under the current ownership regime; that said, would I want to punt £40m at this team, considering the absolute nonsense of modern football? Obviously not....

Your first paragraph is nonsense and you know it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Our January business on 18:14 - Mar 3 with 2730 viewsjas0999

Keane was a punt owing to his injury record. Worked out initially but then he perhaps non surprisingly picked up an injury.
Our January business on 18:16 - Mar 3 with 2726 viewsjas0999

Collins is massively injury prone and barely played, picking up yet another injury.

Bree is very average in my opinion.
Our January business on 18:33 - Mar 3 with 2674 viewscbower

Dawkins!!!!

bluescouser

Our January business on 18:35 - Mar 3 with 2670 viewsJack27

Our January business on 17:57 - Mar 2 by Dubtractor

What's right with them?

I think you need a bit of a reality check! What did you expect Lambert to do? He openly admitted he would be looking at free transfers and loans. Add to that the fact that we were (and still are) bottom of the league. He wanted to add experience whilst taking the above into account. All players PL has brought in are lacking match fitness but are all improving. Judge has been a great signing. Quaner adds physicality upfront, and I think he finds some nice spaces when he drops deep. Will Keane is better than what we had and the injury is unfortunate. Collins looked great in his first game but is obviously far too injury prone. We needed experience though and he was all we could realistically get. Bree...I think he looks alright and Lambert obviously sees something in him from his Villa days. Again, he's better than what we had.
Our January business on 18:57 - Mar 3 with 2610 viewspatrickswell

Collins could be great for us, but you can’t galvanise a side from the physios couch.

If nothing else, we can award him the 2019 Ipswich Town Loanee Sicknote award. He follows a distinguished lineage after Steven Taylor in 2017 and Mustapha Carayol in 2018.
Our January business on 19:04 - Mar 3 with 2587 viewsBerlinBlue

Our January business on 17:52 - Mar 2 by Funge

Think some fans are too harsh on Quaner. He hasn't been a "sensationally bad signing". He's shown signs there's a player there. Good feet especially.

I wonder how easy it is in such a struggling team to make a consistently good impression. Judge has managed it pretty much, Keane too. But it must be so hard to get going properly in a team as bad as ours this season.
Our January business on 19:08 - Mar 3 with 2570 viewsreusersfreekicks

Our January business on 18:17 - Mar 2 by Dubtractor

No. Generally he very clearly has not improved us, I was just giving an example.

He hasn't looked any better than Spence.

Nonsense
Our January business on 19:16 - Mar 3 with 2556 viewsDubtractor

Our January business on 18:33 - Mar 3 by cbower

Dawkins!!!!

ROFL etc.

Our January business on 20:38 - Mar 3 with 2458 viewsChocorange

Our January business on 19:08 - Mar 3 by reusersfreekicks

Nonsense

Agree.

Have seen every game since Bree came in and he is way better than Spence.

Sold defensively, not many crosses come in from his side. Compare that to Spence and his errors.

Think he has room to improve going forward tho, but a defenders first job is to defend and he does that.
Our January business on 20:47 - Mar 3 with 2416 viewsFunge

Our January business on 17:58 - Mar 3 by Garv

Your first paragraph is nonsense and you know it.

Mans with a hard-on for Andy Drury should remain most quiet at this delicate time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024