Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weakest link for me is Kenlock 22:00 - Mar 12 with 4036 viewsSamWhiteUK

Has to improve. Holds the ball too long.

Their keeper bette improve - has a worst touch than Edwards! Who played well tonight

Lino bottled that corner decision, he went to say something. All he's got to do is wave his flag. Idiot. Small points but just MIGHT have changed something.

Good point. Not 3 though. Onwards!!! COYB
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:03 - Mar 12 with 3696 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree on Kenlock and Edwards.

But the corner flag thing is a bit of a joke. 6 inches closer from 30-odd yards out? It's irrelevant. Always amuses me when one or two fans in the corner go ballistic over it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:05 - Mar 12 with 3689 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sorry, how does the player rolling the ball back a centimetre or two before playing the same pass he did change anything?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:05 - Mar 12 with 3685 viewsFtnfwest

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:03 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

Agree on Kenlock and Edwards.

But the corner flag thing is a bit of a joke. 6 inches closer from 30-odd yards out? It's irrelevant. Always amuses me when one or two fans in the corner go ballistic over it.

Agree, but then why have the rule if you can just break it? Shouldn’t have this daft hanging over the line rule, just plonk it in the quadrant like they used to
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:13 - Mar 12 with 3645 viewsVaughan8

I'll spell the weakest link N........S........I.........A

In all seriousness, the full backs and Nsiala were not great. However they might be ok for league 1!
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:13 - Mar 12 with 3644 viewsWickets

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:05 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sorry, how does the player rolling the ball back a centimetre or two before playing the same pass he did change anything?

Yes it does make a difference and yes the lino thought about flagging and then didnt for some unknown reason. Ok we still have to defend the corner and have struggled to do so all season. Have we had a left sided defender since we allowed Berra and Smith to walk ?
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:15 - Mar 12 with 3614 viewsjasondozzell

I thought Kenlock was good tonight. Still learning and well make mistakes but positive on ball, gets forward well and technically v sound.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:22 - Mar 12 with 3561 viewsIllinoisblue

Thought he was better tonight than he has been. Didn’t do a lot wrong and got the assist for the goal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:26 - Mar 12 with 3534 viewsNazemariner

Does always look like he's got a mistake in him, yet his quick thinking at the corner helped create the goal.

Didn't make any difference where the ball was for their goal, but you're right, he should of stuck his flag up, and the ball probably wouldn't of ended up in our net. That has been standard this season though.

Positive night in terms of our performance, but not enough when you're 6 points adrift.
Login to get fewer ads

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 22:34 - Mar 12 with 3476 viewsBLUEBEAT

It would have changed the future, so the exact scenario that unfolded would never have happened.

#spacetimecontinuum101

Poll: W or W

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:10 - Mar 13 with 3282 viewsSamWhiteUK

The point is, there are either rules, or there aren't.

At what distance from the corner would you say, "ok, that's too far"? And why is the quadrant not that big, in that case?

Don't think it would have changed the results, but if you're not going to play by the rules, what's the point?
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:16 - Mar 13 with 3256 viewsMrTown

Don’t agree on Kenlock.
Kenlock is developing nicely, a little bit of work on his ball ability and I think he’ll be a good LB for us. His desire to attack is refreshing and something that he has always had in his game.

Edwards just plays at 100mph, it’s the way he is, sometimes he’ll price magic, sometimes he’ll make you pull your hair out, think he has had a really good past 3 games.

Clutching at straws with the ball not in corner thing.

Great point away to 6th in league, dominated for about 75% of that match, impressive.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:18 - Mar 13 with 3253 viewsbefxblue

I thought Kenlock was decent last night.

Good touch, willing to try and get forward with the ball at his feet, rather than hoof.

Agreed, his inexperience led to a couple of mistakes in the game, but he showed the pace and desire to try and rectify them.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:23 - Mar 13 with 3234 viewsjonathanton

How was Emmanuel?
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:24 - Mar 13 with 3227 viewsWarkystache

I thought defensively we looked the weakest I've seen for a while.

I'm not a Pennington fan but we look disorganised without him. Chambers takes too much on as a result, and does stupid things like that pass that nearly put us in trouble at the end. Toto doesn't win headers, which for a big bloke is a worry.

We looked powder-puff up front. I'd have played Jackson and Harrison together personally. Midfield needs to be a bit nastier but they had decent games. Dozzer looked a bit lightweight and I'm not convinced he's ready for a start at the mo.

We played some lovely one-touch stuff and I'm optimistic we'll do well in League One if we can recruit in key areas (striker/Left back/CD)

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:27 - Mar 13 with 3217 viewsgordon

Don't agree on Kenlock - he's more comfortable on the ball in tight situations than any of our other left-backs, and positive going forward. It's pretty obvious that improvement is needed across the whole team, we're bottom, but Kenlock has been decent since he came in.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:39 - Mar 13 with 3172 viewssparks

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:23 - Mar 13 by jonathanton

How was Emmanuel?

I thought he was very decent. Better forward than defensively. Put in several excellent crosses that a decent centre forward might well have scored from. Passed quickly and confidently. On a different level to Spence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:43 - Mar 13 with 3158 viewsBackToRussia

Forced the goal with some great attacking play, and seemed to save a goal at the end from Pack (or if not, it was an important block in the 6 yard box).

Is people knocking Kenlock lately because people don't realise Alan Judge has a free role and isn't going to be as defensively mobile as Edwards is? Kenlock is just more exposed.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 08:06 - Mar 13 with 3101 viewsHarry_Palmer

Nope, totally disagree. I thought he was very good last night, especially going forward and he was very composed on the ball in all areas of the pitch.

I have been quite critical of him of late but after watching that performance I have renewed hope that there might just be a decent player in him.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 08:12 - Mar 13 with 3074 viewsBlueySwede

Actually I thought he had a good game yesterday, and I have been critical of him. Yes, has a few mistakes in him, but still only 22.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 08:13 - Mar 13 with 3073 viewsBluebell

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 08:06 - Mar 13 by Harry_Palmer

Nope, totally disagree. I thought he was very good last night, especially going forward and he was very composed on the ball in all areas of the pitch.

I have been quite critical of him of late but after watching that performance I have renewed hope that there might just be a decent player in him.

This.

I have been critical of Kenlock recently but I thought played well last night. In fact they all played well.

What we have to remember is that on Saturday we were playing the team 4th in the league and yesterday the 6th. We also had a lot of youngsters.

Perhaps we should stop criticising individual players and get behind all of them!
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 09:28 - Mar 13 with 2960 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The thing Kenlock needs to improve on is his weak foot. He seems almost scared to use his right foot, and yes i know he is a left back, but he really needs to have some confidence in that as it will just make him better.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 09:52 - Mar 13 with 2920 viewsWhymarkmariner

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 07:27 - Mar 13 by gordon

Don't agree on Kenlock - he's more comfortable on the ball in tight situations than any of our other left-backs, and positive going forward. It's pretty obvious that improvement is needed across the whole team, we're bottom, but Kenlock has been decent since he came in.

I totally agree with you. Kenlock was one of the better players on the pitch. He's young and still learning, give him a break. Why not have a go at Dozzell after all he made a couple of mistakes. Again he's a young player, so give him a break. Not many have moaned about Chambers who nearly gave a goal away with a rubbish pass. As for Nsiala what did he do wrong ? Yes he was beaten for Websters header, but loads have said we shouldn't have sold Webster. Wasn't many minutes before their goal that they almost score and where was Chambers? Jackson did a lot of running about, but is not the answer to our goalscoring problems. I thought Judge and Nolan were average. Bart's better not having to play fancy football at the back but if he kicks long there's no one to hold the ball up. Chalobah is a decent player but won't be with us next season. Emmanuel did o.k. and Edwards tried hard but didn't get a lot of change out of a decent fullback who scored a terrific goal, for us. In all a good result. Bristol possibly haven't been at their best recently, but two draws against top six teams is very decent. Obviously we need a few additions to cover those leaving and a goalscorer must be a priority.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 10:00 - Mar 13 with 2891 viewsMeadowlark

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 09:52 - Mar 13 by Whymarkmariner

I totally agree with you. Kenlock was one of the better players on the pitch. He's young and still learning, give him a break. Why not have a go at Dozzell after all he made a couple of mistakes. Again he's a young player, so give him a break. Not many have moaned about Chambers who nearly gave a goal away with a rubbish pass. As for Nsiala what did he do wrong ? Yes he was beaten for Websters header, but loads have said we shouldn't have sold Webster. Wasn't many minutes before their goal that they almost score and where was Chambers? Jackson did a lot of running about, but is not the answer to our goalscoring problems. I thought Judge and Nolan were average. Bart's better not having to play fancy football at the back but if he kicks long there's no one to hold the ball up. Chalobah is a decent player but won't be with us next season. Emmanuel did o.k. and Edwards tried hard but didn't get a lot of change out of a decent fullback who scored a terrific goal, for us. In all a good result. Bristol possibly haven't been at their best recently, but two draws against top six teams is very decent. Obviously we need a few additions to cover those leaving and a goalscorer must be a priority.

I agree with you about Chambers. It seems we can criticise the kids but he is untouchable.
He was poor again last night and his distribution is still Macarthyesque.
Also, I do not know what Skuse brings, especially as a sub. Hardly an impact player is he and we were surely going for the win and not just holding on for a single point.
Let's try to ease these two out and start without them next season.
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 2858 viewsSamWhiteUK

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 09:28 - Mar 13 by JammyDodgerrr

The thing Kenlock needs to improve on is his weak foot. He seems almost scared to use his right foot, and yes i know he is a left back, but he really needs to have some confidence in that as it will just make him better.

Yeah this is one of the things I noticed. If he ever found himself on his right foot passing infield, he would try and turn it onto his left boot, spinning almost 360 if needed, and this led to the opposition closing him down.

In hindsight I was maybe a bit harsh calling him the weakest link, just think he needs to improve if he wants to keep his place going in to the end of the season. I can understand Lambert wanting to prepare for next year, but he has himself a bit of a predicament as we also desperately require points
Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 10:53 - Mar 13 with 2829 viewsDarth_Koont

Weakest link for me is Kenlock on 10:00 - Mar 13 by Meadowlark

I agree with you about Chambers. It seems we can criticise the kids but he is untouchable.
He was poor again last night and his distribution is still Macarthyesque.
Also, I do not know what Skuse brings, especially as a sub. Hardly an impact player is he and we were surely going for the win and not just holding on for a single point.
Let's try to ease these two out and start without them next season.

Think Skuse was on to stifle the anticipated Bristol fight back. They tried to get going but couldn't which meant we were still able to play higher up the pitch rather than getting pinned back. So it was sort of defensive but probably boosted our chances of winning too.

He also put in a hell of a block.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024