Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50391 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:17 - Mar 18 with 5106 viewswkj

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:15 - Mar 18 by jas0999

Clearly a whoosh moment!

Well, Karen is the woosh queen.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:29 - Mar 18 with 5086 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:01 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Well you've accused two people of covering up the death of their daughter, I think that's worthy of challenge. Especially as your main piece of evidence is that Kate looks guilty.

There you go again. I have typed something on an internet forum, not in court. I have said something not "accused". You talk like a barrister. "challenge", "accused". I have just said that I do not think that they are telling the truth. Yes, I believe, as many do, that they are not as clean as they are trying to be. I believe that Kate is afraid of being caught out and that she looks guilty. Look at the interviews just after Maddie went "missing". Look at her, she looks afraid, she looks scared. Yes, her child has just gone "missing", so she isn't going to be in control of her emotions, but look at her, just look at her. Gerry jumps in and answers questions for her. I remember seeing an interview about 6 months after Maddie went "missing" and Gerry is still jumping in and answering for her. That to me, raises a different question. You may see it differently and that is fine with me. I will not "challenge" you or accuse" you of anything.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 5053 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:29 - Mar 18 by Pecker

There you go again. I have typed something on an internet forum, not in court. I have said something not "accused". You talk like a barrister. "challenge", "accused". I have just said that I do not think that they are telling the truth. Yes, I believe, as many do, that they are not as clean as they are trying to be. I believe that Kate is afraid of being caught out and that she looks guilty. Look at the interviews just after Maddie went "missing". Look at her, she looks afraid, she looks scared. Yes, her child has just gone "missing", so she isn't going to be in control of her emotions, but look at her, just look at her. Gerry jumps in and answers questions for her. I remember seeing an interview about 6 months after Maddie went "missing" and Gerry is still jumping in and answering for her. That to me, raises a different question. You may see it differently and that is fine with me. I will not "challenge" you or accuse" you of anything.

I'm not sure there's much of a distinction to be made between saying you think the McCanns covered up the death of their child and accusing them of doing so. Personally I think that's a serious accusation, and I'm not comfortable with someone basing such an accusation on them, in an unqualified opinion, looking guilty. Crack on though pal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:42 - Mar 18 with 5056 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:39 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

I'm not sure there's much of a distinction to be made between saying you think the McCanns covered up the death of their child and accusing them of doing so. Personally I think that's a serious accusation, and I'm not comfortable with someone basing such an accusation on them, in an unqualified opinion, looking guilty. Crack on though pal.

In fairness to Pecker's position, there is obviously some culpability on their part given the circumstances. Why anyone would leave their kids like that is mad. No wonder she looks 'guilty'- they are, of severe negligence.

But that is their punishment, I'm afraid. One which they'll have to live with for the rest of their days.

I have some sympathy for their wanting to continue the investigation but by now, imo, police funding should have been stopped. It's a cold case.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:43 - Mar 18 with 5051 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:39 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

That is a ridiculous reply, but never mind, it is getting late. I look forward to you stalking me in the next thread that I type something different to the norm.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:45 - Mar 18 with 5033 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:42 - Mar 18 by footers

In fairness to Pecker's position, there is obviously some culpability on their part given the circumstances. Why anyone would leave their kids like that is mad. No wonder she looks 'guilty'- they are, of severe negligence.

But that is their punishment, I'm afraid. One which they'll have to live with for the rest of their days.

I have some sympathy for their wanting to continue the investigation but by now, imo, police funding should have been stopped. It's a cold case.

I don't think anyone thinks they weren't epicly stupid but he's gone an awful lot further. He's saying they covered up her death. At one point earlier he even suggested they could have killed her, though not deliberately. I think he's massively overreaching based on thinking Kate looks shifty and is making some pretty horrible accusations.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:45 - Mar 18 with 5031 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:43 - Mar 18 by Pecker

That is a ridiculous reply, but never mind, it is getting late. I look forward to you stalking me in the next thread that I type something different to the norm.

Ridiculous? Righto.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:51 - Mar 18 with 5027 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:45 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone thinks they weren't epicly stupid but he's gone an awful lot further. He's saying they covered up her death. At one point earlier he even suggested they could have killed her, though not deliberately. I think he's massively overreaching based on thinking Kate looks shifty and is making some pretty horrible accusations.

Forgive me, Herb, as not had time to read the whole thread.

There may well have been some form of 'covering up' on their part due to the horrible realisation of what happened. We're human, panic sets in and all sorts of mad things happen. Not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of it, really.

Fairly or unfairly, however long they keep this case alive they'll be subject to speculation. As said, I think there needs to be a line drawn now- if not for their sanity, then for at least this type of innuendo to die down. No one knows.

BTW, the doc was said to be dull, repetitive and, frankly, a bit crass. Not watched myself- very little interest in this sort of thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:06 - Mar 18 with 5000 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:16 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

It wasn't Rommy who said that, it was Pecker - get your facts right.

WTF are you on about AGAIN?!?! Where have I said Rommy said that?!

You seem to be steaming into a lot of my posts lately, wrongly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:19 - Mar 18 with 4981 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:05 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

I think they're jumping on him because he said she looks guilty. I think it's clear he didn't mean that quite as literally as they're taking it - and that isn't the only thing he's basing his opinion on.

Hang on a second.. I literally never said that.

I’ve not mentioned the mum looking guilty at all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:19 - Mar 18 with 4980 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:06 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Excuse me, "WTF are you on about AGAIN?!?!" - it was you who replied to J2's post as if he (J2) had been talking about Pecker - he hadn't been, he'd been talking about Rommy ...

It's you who's been steaming in - because you hadn't bothered to read the posts carefully. It's OK, you made a mistake, we all do it - and get our knickers in a twist a bit too quickly too! ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:21 - Mar 18 with 4970 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In fairness mate, you’ve read a post from J2 wrong.

He was referring to posts about myself and not Pecker.

I see the confusion here. You’ve made a slight error that’s all.

No harm done though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:23 - Mar 18 with 4961 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:19 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

Excuse me, "WTF are you on about AGAIN?!?!" - it was you who replied to J2's post as if he (J2) had been talking about Pecker - he hadn't been, he'd been talking about Rommy ...

It's you who's been steaming in - because you hadn't bothered to read the posts carefully. It's OK, you made a mistake, we all do it - and get our knickers in a twist a bit too quickly too! ;)

Your knickers don't bear thinking about, old girl...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:28 - Mar 18 with 4944 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:23 - Mar 18 by footers

Your knickers don't bear thinking about, old girl...

I came up with 2 witty replies to that in the space of 5 seconds, but didn't like the possible paths I could see this thread going down ..!!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 4938 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 21:28 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

I came up with 2 witty replies to that in the space of 5 seconds, but didn't like the possible paths I could see this thread going down ..!!!

How wise!

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 22:27 - Mar 18 with 4870 viewsclive_baker

You’ve had an absolute shocker on this thread old bean.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 06:45 - Mar 19 with 4776 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:51 - Mar 18 by footers

Forgive me, Herb, as not had time to read the whole thread.

There may well have been some form of 'covering up' on their part due to the horrible realisation of what happened. We're human, panic sets in and all sorts of mad things happen. Not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of it, really.

Fairly or unfairly, however long they keep this case alive they'll be subject to speculation. As said, I think there needs to be a line drawn now- if not for their sanity, then for at least this type of innuendo to die down. No one knows.

BTW, the doc was said to be dull, repetitive and, frankly, a bit crass. Not watched myself- very little interest in this sort of thing.

Agree with all that and your previous post - but that’s not what Pecker and others were saying. The implication from Pecker was clear that he thinks the McCann’s know what happened

Obviously he’s entitled to have that view as he states - but then others are entitled to think it’s an unbelievably crass position to take

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 06:45 - Mar 19 with 4776 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:01 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Fair points. I didn't know it was considered pseudoscience, although I did say it wasn't admissible in court.

I started off saying this stuff was quite damning IMO and probably should've stuck with that. I do still think it's damning as what he is saying is logical, but I concede it's only one guy's opinion.

Fair enough

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:01 - Mar 19 with 4733 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 06:45 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with all that and your previous post - but that’s not what Pecker and others were saying. The implication from Pecker was clear that he thinks the McCann’s know what happened

Obviously he’s entitled to have that view as he states - but then others are entitled to think it’s an unbelievably crass position to take

Quite.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:07 - Mar 19 with 4729 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 06:45 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Fair enough. Didn't read the whole thread as is probably wise to do...

Whatever happened, this seriously can't be doing any good for their mental health. At some point someone needs to say enough's enough. They can't move on properly while people are still giving them false hope.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:21 - Mar 19 with 4717 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:07 - Mar 19 by footers

Fair enough. Didn't read the whole thread as is probably wise to do...

Whatever happened, this seriously can't be doing any good for their mental health. At some point someone needs to say enough's enough. They can't move on properly while people are still giving them false hope.

From the outside I tend to agree but if I was in there shoes I think I’d keep hoping too

Reality is she’s almost certainly dead - but there does remain the possibility that she’s been raised somewhere else and is still alive. Therefore completely understand them wanting to keep the case open - especially as she’d now be at an age where she herself could feasibly see pictures of herself and maybe start to wonder

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:25 - Mar 19 with 4713 viewsdissboy2

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:09 - Mar 18 by jeera

Equally accusing someone of something unthinkable they may not have done is not ok.

At all.

Conformity has nothing to do with it.

But evidence is an overrated concept for some.

I think the accusers would definately react differently if they were the ones being accused!
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:01 - Mar 19 with 4685 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:25 - Mar 19 by dissboy2

I think the accusers would definately react differently if they were the ones being accused!

It also amazes me how many people on TWTD seem to be experts in how people should behave when they discover their daughter is missing.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:05 - Mar 19 with 4678 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 08:25 - Mar 19 by dissboy2

Yes I would. I would tell the truth.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:07 - Mar 19 with 4674 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:01 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

It also amazes me how many people on TWTD seem to be experts in how people should behave when they discover their daughter is missing.

I am not claiming to be an expert. You just love putting words into peoples mouths don't you. (waiting for smutty replies)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024