Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic to read reports of young people 14:59 - Apr 16 with 90305 viewsbluelagos

refusing to stand by and do nothing as climate change continues to devestate our precious environment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/16/more-than-100-people-arrested-in

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:46 - Apr 19 with 4536 viewsBloomBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:44 - Apr 19 by jeera

All you've done is repeat the same rubbish.

You change the things you can, not tell others to change the things they can't.

But that's what those who are protesting are doing, they're telling me to stop flying, give up the petrol car etc etc.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:50 - Apr 19 with 4526 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:46 - Apr 19 by BloomBlue

But that's what those who are protesting are doing, they're telling me to stop flying, give up the petrol car etc etc.

This made me laugh

Robin Ellis-Cockcroft, 24, said the group had succeeded in creating an "emotional disruption" at Heathrow, adding that no further Extinction Rebellion protests would take place on Friday.

I'm glad they didn't succeed in stopping flights.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:59 - Apr 19 with 4493 viewsjjblue84

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:45 - Apr 16 by MVBlue

Get people talking about it, that's the main idea. To dismiss it is naive.

But this 'oh they used petrol to get there' nonsense is missing the point completely. We are all putting into a system that drives an economy and pensions investments to profit companies that are irresponsible in planning for future generations and protecting humanities environment.

The status quo attitudes and the slow movement towards a sustainable type of lifestyle and economy will turn out to be a pretty big problem. We lead the world into industrialisation we can damn well lead them into sustainability.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 15:48]

There's already far too much talk about it, and not enough about the fact we can't afford all these 'green' policies!!
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 4503 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:59 - Apr 19 by jjblue84

There's already far too much talk about it, and not enough about the fact we can't afford all these 'green' policies!!

There is nowhere near enough talk about it. We can't afford not to have all of these green policies.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 4484 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:50 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

This made me laugh

Robin Ellis-Cockcroft, 24, said the group had succeeded in creating an "emotional disruption" at Heathrow, adding that no further Extinction Rebellion protests would take place on Friday.

I'm glad they didn't succeed in stopping flights.

They were full of it yesterday until plod pointed out that they wouldn't be treated with the same kid gloves if they breached airport security.

Anyway, I'm off to superglue myself to Emma Thompson's flight ticket. Doing my bit.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 14:03]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:14 - Apr 19 with 4487 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:02 - Apr 19 by GlasgowBlue

They were full of it yesterday until plod pointed out that they wouldn't be treated with the same kid gloves if they breached airport security.

Anyway, I'm off to superglue myself to Emma Thompson's flight ticket. Doing my bit.

A few of them apparently had trials set for May 6th and were refused bail according to Sky.

I bet that wasn't part of the plan.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:12 - Apr 19 with 4431 viewsLord_Lucan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:14 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

A few of them apparently had trials set for May 6th and were refused bail according to Sky.

I bet that wasn't part of the plan.

Reports are that 500 bus routes diverted, litter of plastic bottles all over the place, graffiti everywhere that will need chemicals to take off - and all the time they occupied Westminster when parliament wasn't sitting. Don’t even get me on Emma Whatshername flying in for the day.

Strangely enough UK PLC is a leading light in climate change - a leading light in Europe if you will. UK is 1% of the global problem. Why don’t they go and protest in Tiananmen Square and see how they get on, why doesn’t Emma protest in her now home country where the government deny climate change?

Seems some of the leading lights in the campaign against flying have been caught out with pictures on Facebook on holiday in Hawaii amongst other places.

What astounds me is they bang on about plastic abuse but they left a bloody huge plastic pink boat in Oxford St which they towed in on a gas guzzling lorry.

The protesters in my opinion have done far more harm than good. I fully support reduction in wastage and saving the planet but I think the answer will come in human ingenuity.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 4420 viewsfooters

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:12 - Apr 19 by Lord_Lucan

Reports are that 500 bus routes diverted, litter of plastic bottles all over the place, graffiti everywhere that will need chemicals to take off - and all the time they occupied Westminster when parliament wasn't sitting. Don’t even get me on Emma Whatshername flying in for the day.

Strangely enough UK PLC is a leading light in climate change - a leading light in Europe if you will. UK is 1% of the global problem. Why don’t they go and protest in Tiananmen Square and see how they get on, why doesn’t Emma protest in her now home country where the government deny climate change?

Seems some of the leading lights in the campaign against flying have been caught out with pictures on Facebook on holiday in Hawaii amongst other places.

What astounds me is they bang on about plastic abuse but they left a bloody huge plastic pink boat in Oxford St which they towed in on a gas guzzling lorry.

The protesters in my opinion have done far more harm than good. I fully support reduction in wastage and saving the planet but I think the answer will come in human ingenuity.

Many of you are personalising a structural debate. You look at the individuals and say 'Why aren't you doing X, Y and Z' when what they are protesting for are structural changes.

It won't make the slightest bit of difference to the environment whether Swampy got there by car or by foot. It doesn't matter.

These people are pointing to a wider point which should happen at government/international level. They are trying to force that conversation.

It is practically impossible to live carbon-free in this world so bringing the point back to the individual is pointless.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:21 - Apr 19 with 4414 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:19 - Apr 19 by footers

Many of you are personalising a structural debate. You look at the individuals and say 'Why aren't you doing X, Y and Z' when what they are protesting for are structural changes.

It won't make the slightest bit of difference to the environment whether Swampy got there by car or by foot. It doesn't matter.

These people are pointing to a wider point which should happen at government/international level. They are trying to force that conversation.

It is practically impossible to live carbon-free in this world so bringing the point back to the individual is pointless.

It is the standard British tactic. Dismiss the protesters to dismiss the protest.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:21 - Apr 19 with 4408 viewsBenters2

Nice one.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:21 - Apr 19 with 4413 viewsJ2BLUE

I think they would argue all those things are a tiny drop in the ocean and their 'stand' was more important. To a certain extent they are right but they could still have done things differently and more effectively without pissing people off.

As for Emma Thompson, she could have made a tweet in support, posted about the carbon footprint of a flight and announce she instead spent the money on something to help like this: https://www.goodgifts.org/ten-beech-trees-2.html That obviously doesn't quite have the same appeal as jumping on a plane, getting loads of headlines and prancing around in London.

Edit: Wrong link
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 20:29]

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:28 - Apr 19 with 4396 viewsbluejake78

Darwin sorts melts.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:29 - Apr 19 with 4395 viewsLord_Lucan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:19 - Apr 19 by footers

I think you misunderstand what I am probably poorly trying to say.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:29 - Apr 19 with 4395 viewsfooters

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:21 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

It is the standard British tactic. Dismiss the protesters to dismiss the protest.

It's so sad to watch people bend themselves over in a thousand different ways rather than engage with the actual point. Oh well, bloody soap-dodgers.

But did you watch Blue Planet?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:31 - Apr 19 with 4391 viewsfooters

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:29 - Apr 19 by Lord_Lucan

I think you misunderstand what I am probably poorly trying to say.

Then you must have said it very poorly because it reads as a 'Yeah but...' about the individuals protesting rather than the global issue.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 4376 viewsbrogansnose

We are Zombie walking into climate change and burying our heads in the sand. An old fkr like me is behind the lot of them, although I don't want to go for a drink with them ! Things need to happen and now. Everything else means chuff all.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:39 - Apr 19 with 4374 viewsLord_Lucan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:31 - Apr 19 by footers

Then you must have said it very poorly because it reads as a 'Yeah but...' about the individuals protesting rather than the global issue.

The way to combat environmental issues are by new thinking and not going back to a former way of life.

The protesters should have parked outside the supermarket multiples. The collapse of the local shop because of the multiples has allowed them to pack plastic in plastic.

I think that the whole thing has been an own goal - and I also think that many of the people there are professional w4nkers.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 4362 viewsjeera

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:46 - Apr 19 by BloomBlue

You've just done it again. Pointing out the obvious and deflecting the issue.

You're more interested in finding fault with the protesters than taking on board the overall message.

I have already said the flying stuff is absurd - please stop repeating the same thing.

The larger issues need to be discussed and by pointing out the trivial things as you [and others] are, then all you are doing is avoiding the problem.

Now repeating myself, all we can do is the best we can, whist taking on board what these folk are trying to get across to our governments on our behalf.

Change, big change, needs to come from the top.

This isn't complicated.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 4361 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:29 - Apr 19 by footers

It's so sad to watch people bend themselves over in a thousand different ways rather than engage with the actual point. Oh well, bloody soap-dodgers.

But did you watch Blue Planet?

Eh, fvck people. I'm sort of happy no one can agree on saving themselves. The planet will soon recover from the blip of humanity, and it can go back to being a paradise again.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 4349 viewsjjblue84

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:38 - Apr 19 by brogansnose

We are Zombie walking into climate change and burying our heads in the sand. An old fkr like me is behind the lot of them, although I don't want to go for a drink with them ! Things need to happen and now. Everything else means chuff all.

Even if we could change the climate we can’t afford not to burn fossil fuels
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:44 - Apr 19 with 4360 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:39 - Apr 19 by Lord_Lucan

The way to combat environmental issues are by new thinking and not going back to a former way of life.

The protesters should have parked outside the supermarket multiples. The collapse of the local shop because of the multiples has allowed them to pack plastic in plastic.

I think that the whole thing has been an own goal - and I also think that many of the people there are professional w4nkers.

I take it we'll see you outside Sainsbury's tomorrow then?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 4357 viewsjeera

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:39 - Apr 19 by Lord_Lucan

I would agree with much of this too to be honest.

Pragmatic thinking.

And every protest has professional w@nkers of course.

But nonetheless, a bit of fuss is necessary one way or another.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 4350 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:02 - Apr 19 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, you get charged under the Terrorist Act and potentially jailed for close to a decade, as those trying to stop illegal deportations of asylum seekers found out.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:51 - Apr 19 with 4346 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:43 - Apr 19 by jjblue84

You really need to watch last night's programme. It answers all of your ridiculous points.

For once, educate yourself.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:54 - Apr 19 with 4334 viewsbrogansnose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 20:43 - Apr 19 by jjblue84

But we can afford to mitigate the effects and change our ways. Should have changed years ago. Its not all about fossil fuels.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024