Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic to read reports of young people 14:59 - Apr 16 with 90470 viewsbluelagos

refusing to stand by and do nothing as climate change continues to devestate our precious environment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/16/more-than-100-people-arrested-in

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 5533 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:34 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Who the hell said anything about violence? Violence is not the thinking man's solution.

Violence doesn't just mean hitting someone on the head J2.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:38 - Apr 20 with 5524 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:36 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

True and that was the way I took it. Apologies if that isn't what you meant.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:41 - Apr 20 with 5514 viewsfooters

Though that is sorely tempting.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:42 - Apr 20 with 5513 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:22 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

It's you not showing solidarity, not me.

This is ridiculous. Ryorry has shown over a very long time that she strongly supports action against climate change.

Some of you believe the protests were effective and justified.
Some of us believe the protests were also damaging and targeted the wrong people.

It's that simply. It's really not a case of if you disagree with the protests you don't understand the issue which several on here are saying.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 5500 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:42 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

This is ridiculous. Ryorry has shown over a very long time that she strongly supports action against climate change.

Some of us believe the protests were also damaging and targeted the wrong people.

It's that simply. It's really not a case of if you disagree with the protests you don't understand the issue which several on here are saying.

She supports it as long as everyone can make their bus on time. Otherwise, call it off.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:49 - Apr 20 with 5490 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:45 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

She supports it as long as everyone can make their bus on time. Otherwise, call it off.

Not fair or true and you know it.

I'm out.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:58 - Apr 20 with 5437 viewsGlasgowBlue

Clarify what you mean by "violent direct action" please.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:03 - Apr 20 with 5449 viewsnoggin

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:33 - Apr 16 by Ftnfwest

That protest happening in the low emissions zone in central London, in a country responsible for less than a percent of the global CO2 emissions you mean?

So, as consumers, we are not responsible for any of the CO2 emissions produced in China and India?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 13:32]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 13:07 - Apr 20 with 5442 viewsRyorry

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:45 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

Exactly the kind of distorting, trivialising and alienating comment that may drive people away from the cause rather than attracting them to it - perfect example of what I meant.

Your whole response to J2's & my points re empathy reminds me of regimes whose ideology re doing long-term good for their people means that they ride roughshod over the rights and wellbeing of those same people as individuals in the here and now. You can actually achieve the long-term goal without abusing the rights of people to get to hospital appointments, job interviews, key worker stations etc. you know, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm out too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:46 - Apr 20 with 5370 viewsNthQldITFC

Its always so difficult to keep your ego out of a heated discussion. Even when you basically agree with someone, you can all so easily end up in a slanging match because there's a difference between you on a specific point, which may be important, but still fades into insignificance compared to the big picture.

I aim this comment at all of us and none of us in particular.

I'm encouraged by this thread, by XR action, and the feeling that in the UK at least, the issue seems to be getting more attention than ever.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 5358 viewsBenters2

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:42 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Erm
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:01 - Apr 20 with 5355 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 11:16 - Apr 20 by Benters2

I wasn’t talking about you thicko!

Bookmarking this post for the next time Benters whines that the bigger boys are being mean to him...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:03 - Apr 20 with 5349 viewsBenters2

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:01 - Apr 20 by SpruceMoose

Bookmarking this post for the next time Benters whines that the bigger boys are being mean to him...

God bless you.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:04 - Apr 20 with 5348 viewsLord_Lucan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:03 - Apr 20 by Benters2

God bless you.

Balls

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 5343 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:04 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Balls

I don't think God would take to kindly to being asked to bless balls. Sounds like a job for certain Catholic priests.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 5304 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 12:58 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Clarify what you mean by "violent direct action" please.

It's a common political term, do your own reading.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:26 - Apr 20 with 5265 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:03 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

It's a common political term, do your own reading.

Direct action is a common political term. You have chosen to prefix that term with the word violent.

violent
/ˈvʌɪəl(ə)nt/
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

At least have the balls to own your unpleasant views.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 16:28]

Iron Lion Zion

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:28 - Apr 20 with 5265 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:26 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Direct action is a common political term. You have chosen to prefix that term with the word violent.

violent
/ˈvʌɪəl(ə)nt/
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

At least have the balls to own your unpleasant views.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 16:28]

So is violent, you just don't read outside your own circle.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:30 - Apr 20 with 5257 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:28 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

So is violent, you just don't read outside your own circle.

That says more about your circle than it does mine.

Iron Lion Zion

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:31 - Apr 20 with 5260 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:30 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

That says more about your circle than it does mine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffragette

Ignorant and self righteous, good mix

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 5220 viewsBenters2

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:04 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Balls

This

With a bit of Allah Akbur for our Muslim friends.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 17:17]
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:19 - Apr 20 with 5210 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:31 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffragette

Ignorant and self righteous, good mix

You appear to be using wikipedia to express yourself because you are unable to do so for yourself.

I look forward to your rallying cry:

"If you want to become a radical and support violent direct action, come and join me brother".

How do we do that comrade?

"Follow this wiki link"

Iron Lion Zion

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 5196 viewsBackToRussia

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:19 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

You appear to be using wikipedia to express yourself because you are unable to do so for yourself.

I look forward to your rallying cry:

"If you want to become a radical and support violent direct action, come and join me brother".

How do we do that comrade?

"Follow this wiki link"

Whatever, you've been shown up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:54 - Apr 20 with 5161 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:32 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

Whatever, you've been shown up.

I'm not the person asking others to join him in carrying out violent direct action, and then not having the bottle to say what that means when challenged.

You may believe throwing silly militant soundbites about on an internet forum makes you look big and edgy but it doesn't.

I believe your violent direct action is limited to your keyboard.

Iron Lion Zion

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 18:11 - Apr 20 with 5155 viewsnoggin

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:16 - Apr 20 by Benters2

This

With a bit of Allah Akbur for our Muslim friends.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 17:17]

Do you agree with the statement 'Allahu Akbar' benters?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 18:13]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024