Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerken and Bart 11:05 - May 1 with 4312 viewsGarv

What do we think will happen here? Are we likely to keep both on?

If not it would seem silly to take the option on Gerken then not be able to sell Bart in the summer? I wonder if it'll be Gerken to go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Gerken and Bart on 11:08 - May 1 with 4301 viewsKieran_Knows

I think they'll both go, IMO.... and I wouldn't be against it. I do think the keeper department needs a freshen up and what with Harry Wright getting a new deal earlier on this year, I very much expect him to be part of the first team squad next season, whether as 2nd or 3rd choice.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gerken and Bart on 11:14 - May 1 with 4268 viewsParisBlue

Gerken and Bart on 11:08 - May 1 by Kieran_Knows

I think they'll both go, IMO.... and I wouldn't be against it. I do think the keeper department needs a freshen up and what with Harry Wright getting a new deal earlier on this year, I very much expect him to be part of the first team squad next season, whether as 2nd or 3rd choice.

Same here.

I'd be really disappointed if we took up Gerken's option. Too injury prone and he's not going to improve. We need a younger keeper to make the position their own over the next 2-3 seasons. Start building from the back.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Gerken and Bart on 11:19 - May 1 with 4247 viewsGarv

Gerken and Bart on 11:08 - May 1 by Kieran_Knows

A freshen up would be good. I'd be quite happy for Bart to stay though.

I really hope we can find a keeper who can kick well. Both of ours currently really struggle in this area.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Gerken and Bart on 11:24 - May 1 with 4226 viewsKieran_Knows

Gerken and Bart on 11:19 - May 1 by Garv

A freshen up would be good. I'd be quite happy for Bart to stay though.

I really hope we can find a keeper who can kick well. Both of ours currently really struggle in this area.

...and one who is also comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gerken and Bart on 11:36 - May 1 with 4198 viewsitfcpaul

Gerken and Bart on 11:24 - May 1 by Kieran_Knows

...and one who is also comfortable with the ball at their feet.

and maybe one who come off his line and catch a ball and give his defence some confidence

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Gerken and Bart on 11:59 - May 1 with 4150 viewshampstead_blue

Gerken would be OK as a #2.
Bart has to go.
His wage cut will hurt him and his agent so I'll think he will go.

Is Harry Wright strong enough as a #2?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Gerken and Bart on 11:59 - May 1 with 4148 viewsVaughan8

I think we would probably want to get rid if Bart as he is on high wages and keep Gerken and get another one in.

Questions is, who would want Bart. Had a fairly rubbish season and if he is on near £20k a week, surely no1 is going to pay him that bar a premier league team who needs a third goalie?
Gerken and Bart on 12:06 - May 1 with 4129 viewsIpswichKnight

Think both will go, interesting that we were linked to the Livingstone keeper this morning. EADT seem to think Harry Wright is an option if your looking for a ball playing keeper, others don't seem to agree.

I think if we were going to keep Gerken we would have heard about it by now.
Login to get fewer ads

Gerken and Bart on 12:28 - May 1 with 4061 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Gerken and Bart on 11:14 - May 1 by ParisBlue

Same here.

I'd be really disappointed if we took up Gerken's option. Too injury prone and he's not going to improve. We need a younger keeper to make the position their own over the next 2-3 seasons. Start building from the back.

Same, think both are off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Gerken and Bart on 12:56 - May 1 with 3993 viewsDevereuxxx

If we can find a buyer for Bart we should definitely let him go. Been one of our worst performers this season on our highest salary.

Gerken's a trickier one. Would he even want to stay and play second fiddle to someone in League One? Also, no idea what his wages are. Personally, I wouldn't mind him first choice. He might feel he can stay and compete even if a new keeper is bought.

Would expect we're actively looking for a first choice keeper though.
Gerken and Bart on 13:18 - May 1 with 3945 viewschristiand

PL needs to build from the back and that starts with the goalkeeper IMO. DG isn't good enough regardless that we will be in League One. I'd be disappointed if we kept him on personally. Bart I'm more open to keeping, if we can get him back to the last couple of seasons' form, although his wages might be an issue, but he does provide invaluable experience. HW appears not ready for first team action. If Bart goes, it's important PL gets someone reliable in between the sticks, a keeper that is guaranteed to get 6/7 out of 10 week after week. Then build out from there.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Gerken and Bart on 13:27 - May 1 with 3923 viewsYallop

Keep Bart and release Gerks
Gerken and Bart on 10:35 - May 2 with 3702 viewseddiespearitt03

Neither keeper are anything to shout about so release two wage packets straight away. . Build a team around Woolfenden, Marriott, Morris and Harry Wright in goal. Then get rid of at least 8/10 players of little worth to this club. Sign 4/5 decent,exciting players from the UK & European market with the ability to take this club forward. Back into the Championship play-offs. Norwich got the right players to do a job so why can,t Evans do the same ?
Gerken and Bart on 10:55 - May 2 with 3677 viewsDeano69

IMO one (but not only one) of the reasons we are where we are this season is because in previous seasons Bart (POTY for both supporters and players) has saved us probably 20 points. His drop in form this season has seen him drop form hero to 'nearo' (not zero though).

If he could rediscover previous form I would love to keep Bart, but suspect with a significant salary drop he would be able to find more money elsewhere, even as a bench keeper. Having said that, money hasnt always been his motivator.

Gerken is an adequate number two but a couple of years older than Bart and has had injury issues. We do ideally need a younger keeper coming through, don't know whether Wright jnr is that player or not yet.

Odd isn't it, this time last year we would have build the first eleven with Bart first on the team sheet.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Gerken and Bart on 10:58 - May 2 with 3669 viewspeterleeblue

Gerken and Bart on 12:28 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Same, think both are off.

To be honest I think its time to peddle both as well as...

Chambers
Skuse
Sears

The old guard need to go. Bring in a few league 1 warriors to support our kids and go again.
Gerken and Bart on 11:23 - May 2 with 3637 viewsGodBlue

Agree with others, I suspect Bart will be touted around by his agent, if not the club.

I'd also be surprised if we take up Gerken's contract extension now. I imagine he'll probably think there's a number two spot in the championship for him somewhere. It's too late for him to become our long term goalkeeping option.

The keeper slot could be totally up for grabs this summer, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's Bart with the actual #1 shirt, and Wright on the bench as the heir apparent, come August.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Gerken and Bart on 11:28 - May 2 with 3625 viewsITFC_Forever

Gerken and Bart on 10:35 - May 2 by eddiespearitt03

Neither keeper are anything to shout about so release two wage packets straight away. . Build a team around Woolfenden, Marriott, Morris and Harry Wright in goal. Then get rid of at least 8/10 players of little worth to this club. Sign 4/5 decent,exciting players from the UK & European market with the ability to take this club forward. Back into the Championship play-offs. Norwich got the right players to do a job so why can,t Evans do the same ?

Harry Wright is nowhere near ready on the evidence of what I've seen.

And he's still pretty small.... someone like Rhead would make mincemeat of him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gerken and Bart on 17:31 - May 2 with 3456 viewsgazzer1999

Gerken and Bart on 10:58 - May 2 by peterleeblue

To be honest I think its time to peddle both as well as...

Chambers
Skuse
Sears

The old guard need to go. Bring in a few league 1 warriors to support our kids and go again.

Thats what we had this year and look how that turned.
Gerken and Bart on 17:37 - May 2 with 3434 viewstextbackup

Gerken and Bart on 11:28 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

Harry Wright is nowhere near ready on the evidence of what I've seen.

And he's still pretty small.... someone like Rhead would make mincemeat of him.

Rhead would destroy gerken and bart if they both played together! both are too scared to get hurt

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024