Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 12000 total to get a reduction 16:08 - May 7 with 6516 viewsnodge_blue

To be quite honest - I'd rather the club kept the money and we bought players!!

is everyone really that desperate for what would be about £30.

What we really want is a good team to watch next year?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 20:56 - May 7 with 1000 viewsMullet

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 20:54 - May 7 by SomethingBlue

People are absolutely nuts. It's getting worse.

All started when they did free coaches after the Peterborough defeat. About 7 of them went up to Blackpool when usually it'd be 1.

That was the moment the Berlin Wall came down as it were. Now all kinds of entitlement comes out. You'd think after this season they'd learn.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This 12000 total to get a reduction on 20:57 - May 7 with 999 viewsMrTown

I remember a similar discussion last year about extending the deadline.

Its as simple as black and white for me. You know the date, you know when you have to buy by, if you miss the deadline you should pay extra, the fans of early bird have already been rewarded for their loyalty with initial reductions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 21:00 - May 7 with 984 viewsBluefish

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 20:56 - May 7 by Mullet

All started when they did free coaches after the Peterborough defeat. About 7 of them went up to Blackpool when usually it'd be 1.

That was the moment the Berlin Wall came down as it were. Now all kinds of entitlement comes out. You'd think after this season they'd learn.

Did the Hoff sing on the coaches? I'm confused

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 21:01 - May 7 with 979 viewsMullet

"... bad roll out that was always going to create unrest and suspicion" on 21:00 - May 7 by Bluefish

Did the Hoff sing on the coaches? I'm confused

What a lovely image. I've seen him live in Berlin as it happens. When I say live, he mimed two songs of sorts on the Brandenburg gate for NYE. It was sensational.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Here's a good one on 08:02 - May 8 with 884 viewsSteve_M

Here's a good one on 20:49 - May 7 by Dyland

"Surely we will get the discount anyway or at least extend especially considering people paying by direct debit haven't even paid yet and can cancel if they wish. Let's get the fans in most important thing long term don't be greedy."

Don't be greedy!

FFS

"If it had been a simple offer equivalent to the discount offered for 14,000 tickets I would have renewed. I'm sure many others would renew or buy new tickets if that discounted price was on offer from the off. It's a right cack handed way of promoting tickets. Imagine popping into Tesco to buy something and being told this is the price but if we get 14,000 customers today you will get it 35% cheaper, if we get a few less it will be 25% cheaper. If you want to maximise ticket sales then offer the discounted price from the off. If the objective is to get people through the door it's a funny way of doing it."

Yes, Tesco never have offers on where there is a discount for buying multiple items of one product.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Here's a good one on 08:07 - May 8 with 881 viewsSwansea_Blue

Here's a good one on 08:02 - May 8 by Steve_M

"If it had been a simple offer equivalent to the discount offered for 14,000 tickets I would have renewed. I'm sure many others would renew or buy new tickets if that discounted price was on offer from the off. It's a right cack handed way of promoting tickets. Imagine popping into Tesco to buy something and being told this is the price but if we get 14,000 customers today you will get it 35% cheaper, if we get a few less it will be 25% cheaper. If you want to maximise ticket sales then offer the discounted price from the off. If the objective is to get people through the door it's a funny way of doing it."

Yes, Tesco never have offers on where there is a discount for buying multiple items of one product.

oh do BOGOF

*fetches coat*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This 12000 total to get a reduction on 10:28 - May 8 with 851 viewsWhymarkmariner

This 12000 total to get a reduction on 17:33 - May 7 by Sarge

It would be a good PR move, something we’re not very good at.

The PR move was to offer the incentive in the first place. I have said this time and again. Whatever you buy, service you accept, entertainment you visit or holiday you go on. If it doesn't come up to your expectations then don't accept it and certainly don't do it again. But like sheep some will blindly go and then moan about it afterwards. With regard specifically to Town's season tickets if you bought one you must have been aware that any targets set for a price reduction were targets and the club didn't force anyone in to buying said tickets.
I'm not sure that you understand.... on 10:28 - May 8 with 852 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure that you understand.... on 19:49 - May 7 by Bloots

….the difference between a PR firm and a football club.

Be fair, with Lambert in charge of the first team, it can be difficult.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

This 12000 total to get a reduction on 10:37 - May 8 with 836 viewsMuncher

People are also forgetting that if you extend the deadline, or give a discount , it will be expected every single year as a matter of right and would completely undermine any future attempts to offer similar incentives.
Here's a good one on 10:43 - May 8 with 825 viewsuefacup81

Here's a good one on 08:02 - May 8 by Steve_M

I'm not sure it's quite that simple.

I would imagine that the club will have done all sorts of calculations, and arrived at the conclusion that the average ST holder will spend £x per season on ancillary purchases within the stadium/at the club.

Likewise, the club will have budgeted for next season, and that budget will likely have been based on an assumption that x number of season tickets will be sold.

Given that 12,000 sales would have meant extra ancillary income, and probably being over-budget for ST income, it would give the club leeway to use some of that extra cash to reduce ST prices. Given the context of it all, a sales-based promotion makes perfect sense.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Unfortunately the News Story on here..... on 11:26 - May 8 with 801 viewsDeano69

Unfortunately the News Story on here..... on 16:54 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

A particular favourite is:

"The 11748 should have been given the chance to purchase the 252 between them.

Working at an average price of £ 400 for a ticket 252 X 400 = 100800 divided by 11748 = £ 8.58 each to get an average of £35 to £ 40 back each.

As we were not, and the ticket office was closed yesterday, it would be good business to give a 7.5% discount across the board - I think those of us who had tickets through all the Keane, Jewell, Mc Carthy and Hurst debacle should get 50%!! "

Top work that.

I wonder who was going to organise collecting the money from 11748 people?? Wow

FFS

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024