Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd referendum 09:14 - May 12 with 23877 viewsgazzer1999

For all those that are seeking a 2nd referendum are you using the upcoming euro elections as just that?. It would be a good way for you to prove a point by not voting Labour or Conservative, and instead voting Libdems as they are the only party that have said they want to stay in the EU and have a clear way forward.
On the other hand if the Brexit Party get the most votes will they accept that they could not win a 2nd referendum?
2nd referendum on 12:44 - May 12 with 2572 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

2nd referendum on 12:36 - May 12 by Herbivore

That's mostly waffle. The Spectator is essentially The Mail with the odd big word thrown in.

Well done for not dealing with an uncomfortable reality.......aint cognitive dissonance fun!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

2nd referendum on 12:48 - May 12 with 2566 viewsPinewoodblue

2nd referendum on 12:34 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

What are you actually talking about with regards to EU levy on goods into UK that we hand back again?

As for the 350m I agree it's a silly point really as the NHS thing just said "Could" as an example of what that money buys you. I voted remain but wasn't daft enough to accept that as a pledge, I don't think many were actually but it's a good stick to beat with.

Can you explain your Levy argument please, I don't get it.

Think he is talking about import tarriffs., WTO etc.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

2nd referendum on 13:00 - May 12 with 2535 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 12:44 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well done for not dealing with an uncomfortable reality.......aint cognitive dissonance fun!

I've read the article, it's tosh. You just happen to agree with it. It also, by its own admission, has relatively little to do with leaving the EU or not. I'm also not convinced you know what cognitive dissonance is.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 13:03]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2nd referendum on 13:05 - May 12 with 2523 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 12:43 - May 12 by Pinewoodblue

The most compelling reason for not holding a second referendum has nothing to do with Brexit. The establishment fear a second independence referendum in Scotland.

They also fear another out win. They wont have a bloody clue what to do then. Not that they do now!
2nd referendum on 13:09 - May 12 with 2519 viewsKievthegreat

What are you actually talking about with regards to EU levy on goods into UK that we hand back again?

As for the 350m I agree it's a silly point really as the NHS thing just said "Could" as an example of what that money buys you. I voted remain but wasn't daft enough to accept that as a pledge, I don't think many were actually but it's a good stick to beat with.

Ignoring the NHS 'pledge' bit, there is no £350m that is sent to the EU. The £350m is a known and proven lie. Our rebate is deducted before any money is sent.
2nd referendum on 13:15 - May 12 with 2508 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 12:48 - May 12 by Pinewoodblue

Think he is talking about import tarriffs., WTO etc.

The EU could not impose a tariff on goods coming into UK, they only impose a tariff on goods coming into The EU from UK thus hurting our exporters. It's down to us what tariffs we put on goods coming into UK - although that would generally be part of a deal as it would normally be a like for like deal.

And as for sending this supposed tariff money back again - well I've never heard anything so daft.

I really don't think people understand the basics.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 13:22]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

2nd referendum on 13:23 - May 12 with 2492 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 13:09 - May 12 by Kievthegreat

Ignoring the NHS 'pledge' bit, there is no £350m that is sent to the EU. The £350m is a known and proven lie. Our rebate is deducted before any money is sent.

Its a bit like you earn say £500 per week but the reality is you will take home around £380 after stoppages. I am sure if and its a big if you told told someone what you earned a week it would be the gross figure not the net, so really not a problem is there? unless of course you choose to use the figures quoted like a stuck record. Are people so thick they do not understand the difference.
As a side note the money we get back is not guaranteed it depends what they will give us and on what we can spend it on.
2nd referendum on 13:25 - May 12 with 2486 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 12:10 - May 12 by BlueBadger

We're currently in the process of leaving it.

So we are still currently doing this as we have not left yet. And its failing not because we have or are leaving then. Funny argument really, unless you are clutching at straws.
Login to get fewer ads

2nd referendum on 13:29 - May 12 with 2484 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 12:23 - May 12 by linhdi

Funded by the Russians.

If you have conclusive proof of that I suggest you give that to the powers that be so we can put those responsible behind bars, If however thats an easy answer you may as well say aliens from outer space funded it.
2nd referendum on 13:29 - May 12 with 2483 viewsm14_blue

It didn’t say ‘could’ at all, it said ‘let’s use that money to fund our NHS instead’.

It was a lie and I don’t think it’s ok to just assume that no one was daft enough to believe it.

You’re right though, it’s been done to death and there are far more important things to focus on now.
2nd referendum on 13:31 - May 12 with 2479 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 13:29 - May 12 by m14_blue

It didn’t say ‘could’ at all, it said ‘let’s use that money to fund our NHS instead’.

It was a lie and I don’t think it’s ok to just assume that no one was daft enough to believe it.

You’re right though, it’s been done to death and there are far more important things to focus on now.

Like who our opening League 1 fixture will be against. I reckon Gillingham away.

2nd referendum on 13:37 - May 12 with 2473 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 13:29 - May 12 by m14_blue

It was all rather ambiguous though wasn’t it. I mean even things that are in a genuine election manifesto often don’t get done. Who in the Brexit campaign had the authority to say we are going to give all that money to The NHS? Anyone who thinks that was a sure fire promise is crazy, how can a campaign dictate government policy?

Both sides lied and all political parties lie all the time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

2nd referendum on 13:38 - May 12 with 2473 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 13:15 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

The EU could not impose a tariff on goods coming into UK, they only impose a tariff on goods coming into The EU from UK thus hurting our exporters. It's down to us what tariffs we put on goods coming into UK - although that would generally be part of a deal as it would normally be a like for like deal.

And as for sending this supposed tariff money back again - well I've never heard anything so daft.

I really don't think people understand the basics.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 13:22]

Britain collects the tariffs on behalf of the EU and then hands the money over, crikey just google it. Where do you think the money goes? You are quite correct people do not understand the basics, thats why they think the perfectionist racket that is the EU is a good thing.
In Britain people think there is a money tree so we can hand out money here there and everywhere. They think the current government trousers all the taxes for themselves and forces austerity on the rest of us, its all a balancing act, if you want to pay out vast sums of money, you need higher taxes, something most of us don't wish to have.
2nd referendum on 13:39 - May 12 with 2468 viewsm14_blue

2nd referendum on 13:37 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

It was all rather ambiguous though wasn’t it. I mean even things that are in a genuine election manifesto often don’t get done. Who in the Brexit campaign had the authority to say we are going to give all that money to The NHS? Anyone who thinks that was a sure fire promise is crazy, how can a campaign dictate government policy?

Both sides lied and all political parties lie all the time.

Yeah that’s all true in fairness
2nd referendum on 13:43 - May 12 with 2467 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 13:38 - May 12 by gazzer1999

Britain collects the tariffs on behalf of the EU and then hands the money over, crikey just google it. Where do you think the money goes? You are quite correct people do not understand the basics, thats why they think the perfectionist racket that is the EU is a good thing.
In Britain people think there is a money tree so we can hand out money here there and everywhere. They think the current government trousers all the taxes for themselves and forces austerity on the rest of us, its all a balancing act, if you want to pay out vast sums of money, you need higher taxes, something most of us don't wish to have.

Can you provide a source for the claim that tariffs on goods collected by the UK are sent to the EU?

2nd referendum on 14:05 - May 12 with 2449 viewsWeWereZombies

2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 by gazzer1999

So are you saying being in the EU is the reason behind the rise of organised crime?
As we have not currently left that is how your view is coming across, and that the EU are doing nothing to stamp it out.
Perhaps individual countries should take more responsibility, rather than hiding behind a curtain of the EU which in your words is clearly failing.

I think it was obvious to anyone not trapped in Farage's bubble what my inference was. But now you mention it one of the many things under threat if we do actually leave the European Union is the European Arrest Warrant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44532500

Sounds like a good reason for criminals to fund Brexit.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

2nd referendum on 14:13 - May 12 with 2436 viewsbluejacko

2nd referendum on 14:05 - May 12 by WeWereZombies

I think it was obvious to anyone not trapped in Farage's bubble what my inference was. But now you mention it one of the many things under threat if we do actually leave the European Union is the European Arrest Warrant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44532500

Sounds like a good reason for criminals to fund Brexit.

Are you seriously suggesting that we would not cooperate in the arrest of serious criminals? Or share information on terror suspects etc.
2nd referendum on 14:14 - May 12 with 2438 viewsJ2BLUE

The Brexit party will win but it's meaningless.

It said it all on Question Time when Soubry said even the government's forecasts show Brexit will make people worse off and suggested that we may want a confirmatory referendum and was then jeered by the Brexit means Brexit audience members.

Oh and no, i'm not calling all Brexiteers thick or racist or any of that rubbish. I voted for Brexit. I cannot see why most people (some have valid reasons obviously) still support Brexit. What benefits are going to offset the costs? Farage couldn't name one Brexit Party policy other than 'Brexit means Brexit'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2nd referendum on 14:17 - May 12 with 2427 viewsLord_Lucan

So you are talking about non EU goods coming into UK of which the importer pays the duty - which goes direct to HMRC?

Are you saying that all this duty is then paid back to EU by HMRC and that this is on top of out EU contributions?

2nd referendum on 14:17 - May 12 with 2427 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 13:43 - May 12 by Herbivore

Can you provide a source for the claim that tariffs on goods collected by the UK are sent to the EU?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/eu-budget/revenue/own-resour
Difficult to stomach isn't it when you are having to rely on me to tell you the truth.
2nd referendum on 14:20 - May 12 with 2418 viewsvapour_trail

You seem to know a hell of a lot about what the people of Britain think.

Aren’t we lucky to have you in our midst to share this knowledge.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

2nd referendum on 14:21 - May 12 with 2416 viewsWeWereZombies

2nd referendum on 14:13 - May 12 by bluejacko

Are you seriously suggesting that we would not cooperate in the arrest of serious criminals? Or share information on terror suspects etc.

I am not suggesting anything, just posting a link that says Brexit could take the United Kingdom out of the European Arrest Warrant deal. No doubt there would be other legal mechanisms but what I will suggest is that those would be a lot more porous.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

2nd referendum on 14:26 - May 12 with 2401 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 14:17 - May 12 by gazzer1999

https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/eu-budget/revenue/own-resour
Difficult to stomach isn't it when you are having to rely on me to tell you the truth.

Okay, so we levy tariffs on the EU's behalf and we keep 20% for processing the collection of tariffs. Seems reasonable.

2nd referendum on 14:30 - May 12 with 2396 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 14:14 - May 12 by J2BLUE

The Brexit party will win but it's meaningless.

It said it all on Question Time when Soubry said even the government's forecasts show Brexit will make people worse off and suggested that we may want a confirmatory referendum and was then jeered by the Brexit means Brexit audience members.

Oh and no, i'm not calling all Brexiteers thick or racist or any of that rubbish. I voted for Brexit. I cannot see why most people (some have valid reasons obviously) still support Brexit. What benefits are going to offset the costs? Farage couldn't name one Brexit Party policy other than 'Brexit means Brexit'.

Yes you are right about policies Thatcher 1979 Britain isn't working, well that one worked, Corbyn 2017 For the many not the few, thankfully that one failed, but still sucked in a lot of youngsters. Farage does not need lots of policies at the moment he is playing to what his party stands for (clue in the name of it). Sourbry's party has no policies but hey ho, thats ok.
We will keep on going round in circles arguing over a result, I think what ever side you are on you should respect the result and move on. If in another 10 or 15 years it was proved disastrous we can apply to rejoin, if however it proves the right decision then great. No one can predict what the outcome will be its all hearsay and a best guess, so its really 50 50 whats right and wrong. What we do know is if we remain it will be more of the same, governed by the EU, higher prices in the shops, no bent bananas, and billions more to fund what ever they decide. And worst of all a corrupt governance that refuses to sign off its own accounts. If you tried to do that in this country you would be locked up for fraud.
2nd referendum on 14:35 - May 12 with 2383 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 14:17 - May 12 by gazzer1999

Your initial post wasn't really set out properly so it didn’t read well but I understand what you are now saying.

So if I have read that link correctly. 80% of import tariffs of goods coming into the UK are paid back to The EU? I genuinely didn’t know this.

This 80% is on top of our annual membership fee?

Have I got this right? If so I concede that this is absolutely a disgrace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024