Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strangest thing happened today 16:23 - May 13 with 6238 viewsLord_Lucan

You might not find it funny and I don't really know why I'm posting it but I think I'm going mad.

I was driving home earlier (back from the doctors funnily enough) and I had a craving for some liver for dinner. I was going down Woodbridge Rd so I pulled up outside Micklesons the butchers. On entering they asked what I wanted and I rubbed my hands and said that I really fancied some liver so they weighed it all out and off I went.

Anyhoo - I just went to get it out of the fridge and it wasn't there, I searched high and low but to no avail so I phoned Micklesons and asked if I had left my liver. They advised me that I dropped it outside but he wasn't making much sense so I repeated "Have you got my liver". "Yes" he said so I got my car keys and just as I was about to go out the door the Mrs yelled that she found my liver, it was behind a box of cokes.

So I phoned Micklesons back and some bod answered the phone and I said "Did I just speak with you about my liver"? "No" he said but I'll pass you over and I heard him say "It's that bloke again about his liver". I explained that I had found said liver so it turns out some other poor bügger dropped his and will be disappointed tonight.

Madness I tell ya.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Strangest thing happened today on 16:29 - May 13 with 3920 viewsJ2BLUE

I see what you're saying. If you can lose some liver behind a box of Cokes, maybe there are other planets hiding behind the sun.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Strangest thing happened today on 16:30 - May 13 with 3901 viewsSwansea_Blue

Strangest thing happened today on 16:29 - May 13 by J2BLUE

I see what you're saying. If you can lose some liver behind a box of Cokes, maybe there are other planets hiding behind the sun.

If the Earth is flat, there's half of the universe we haven't seen yet....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Strangest thing happened today on 16:31 - May 13 with 3913 viewsitfcjoe

Similar happened to me, I'd had a few too many drinks at Arcade Street one Saturday night, and come the morning I couldn't find my Bose headphones which set me back about £150.

After a full search of the house I got Ross T's number and gave him a text and asked if any had been handed in and a pair had matching my description.

About an hour later I went outside and sitting on my driveway, clearly dropped between getting out of the taxi and going in the front door were my headphones!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strangest thing happened today on 16:32 - May 13 with 3881 viewsJ2BLUE

Strangest thing happened today on 16:30 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

If the Earth is flat, there's half of the universe we haven't seen yet....

Mind. Blown.

Truly impaired.

Strangest thing happened today on 16:33 - May 13 with 3866 viewsLord_Lucan

Strangest thing happened today on 16:31 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Similar happened to me, I'd had a few too many drinks at Arcade Street one Saturday night, and come the morning I couldn't find my Bose headphones which set me back about £150.

After a full search of the house I got Ross T's number and gave him a text and asked if any had been handed in and a pair had matching my description.

About an hour later I went outside and sitting on my driveway, clearly dropped between getting out of the taxi and going in the front door were my headphones!

Yes, but had anyone else also lost a pair of Bose headphones in the same place at the same time?

Your headphone situation is nothing like my liver scenario.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Strangest thing happened today on 16:36 - May 13 with 3823 viewsJ2BLUE

Strangest thing happened today on 16:33 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, but had anyone else also lost a pair of Bose headphones in the same place at the same time?

Your headphone situation is nothing like my liver scenario.

Read his post again

Truly impaired.

Strangest thing happened today on 16:38 - May 13 with 3815 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Strangest thing happened today on 16:36 - May 13 by J2BLUE

Read his post again

I'm awarding Joe the win.

Another pair of headphones outside a pub is much harder to find, probability wise, than meat outside a Butchers.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Strangest thing happened today on 16:39 - May 13 with 3802 viewschicoazul

Who the hell eats liver.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Strangest thing happened today on 16:41 - May 13 with 3785 viewsLord_Lucan

Strangest thing happened today on 16:36 - May 13 by J2BLUE

Read his post again

Oh yes.

Apologies Joe.

Strangest thing happened today on 16:50 - May 13 with 3734 viewsBLUEBEAT

Got a similar story...

I was driving home earlier (back from the opticians funnily enough) and I had a craving for some sausages for dinner. I was going down Wellington Street so I pulled up outside Powters the rare breeds butchers. On entering they asked what I wanted and I rubbed my hands and said that I really fancied some sausages so they weighed it all out and off I went.

Anyhoo - I just went to get it out of the fridge and it wasn't there, I searched high and low but to no avail so I phoned Powters and asked if I had left my sausages. They advised me that I dropped them outside but he wasn't making much sense so I repeated "Have you got my sausages". "Yes" he said so I got my car keys and just as I was about to go out the door the Mrs yelled that she found my sausages, they were behind a box of cokes.

So I phoned Powters back and some bod answered the phone and I said "Did I just speak with you about my sausages?" "No" he said but I'll pass you over and I heard him say "It's that bloke again about his sausages". I explained that I had found said sausages so it turns out some other poor bügger dropped his and will be disappointed tonight.

Madness I tell ya.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 16:52]

Poll: W or W

Strangest thing happened today on 16:56 - May 13 with 3692 viewsJ2BLUE

Strangest thing happened today on 16:50 - May 13 by BLUEBEAT

Got a similar story...

I was driving home earlier (back from the opticians funnily enough) and I had a craving for some sausages for dinner. I was going down Wellington Street so I pulled up outside Powters the rare breeds butchers. On entering they asked what I wanted and I rubbed my hands and said that I really fancied some sausages so they weighed it all out and off I went.

Anyhoo - I just went to get it out of the fridge and it wasn't there, I searched high and low but to no avail so I phoned Powters and asked if I had left my sausages. They advised me that I dropped them outside but he wasn't making much sense so I repeated "Have you got my sausages". "Yes" he said so I got my car keys and just as I was about to go out the door the Mrs yelled that she found my sausages, they were behind a box of cokes.

So I phoned Powters back and some bod answered the phone and I said "Did I just speak with you about my sausages?" "No" he said but I'll pass you over and I heard him say "It's that bloke again about his sausages". I explained that I had found said sausages so it turns out some other poor bügger dropped his and will be disappointed tonight.

Madness I tell ya.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 16:52]

I don't see it.

Truly impaired.

Strangest thing happened today on 16:57 - May 13 with 3685 viewsNthQldITFC

Is this advertising? I feel hungry now. I've only just given up beef you swine.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Strangest thing happened today on 17:04 - May 13 with 3642 viewsBinner

Strangest thing happened today on 16:39 - May 13 by chicoazul

Who the hell eats liver.

Non-vegans.

Glad to help.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Strangest thing happened today on 18:05 - May 13 with 3444 viewsGeoffSentence

Years ago someone I used to work with lost her parrot, that is it flew away rather than she dropped it somewhere, anyway after an appeal on radio Suffolk it turned out that someone just round the corner from her had managed to apprehend a loose parrot.

After collecting the parrot she was at a bit of a loss because in the few days it had been away it's vocabulary had completely changed.

Unfortunately this was more than 10 years ago and I cannot remember the details of how it worked out, but it turned out that some other fella had lost a parrot of the type at about the same time and by chance they both flew to the other ones local area and for a while until they figured out what had happened, I think by another radio appeal, they ended up with each others parrots.

Edit: This is so bizarre you might think I made it all up, but no, look, I found an Evening Star report on it

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/women-get-the-wrong-parrots-1-105031
[Post edited 13 May 2019 18:07]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Strangest thing happened today on 18:31 - May 13 with 3375 viewsLord_Lucan

Strangest thing happened today on 16:39 - May 13 by chicoazul

Who the hell eats liver.

Apologies for crappy tray.

Yum yum Chico, you should try it.

One of the strangest stories I’ve ever heard. on 18:32 - May 13 with 3371 viewsMenton

But I liked it

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Strangest thing happened today on 18:37 - May 13 with 3348 viewsfooters

Strangest thing happened today on 18:31 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

No bacon, no onions, nada- just straight up liver

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Strangest thing happened today on 18:43 - May 13 with 3319 viewsIllinoisblue

wearing headphones to the pub seems a little odd

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Strangest thing happened today on 18:51 - May 13 with 3289 viewsIllinoisblue

Strangest thing happened today on 16:38 - May 13 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'm awarding Joe the win.

Another pair of headphones outside a pub is much harder to find, probability wise, than meat outside a Butchers.

but again, WHY ARE PEOPLE WEARING HEADPHONES TO THE PUB? Wouldn't have happened in my day. * shakes fist at sky *

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Strangest thing happened today on 19:16 - May 13 with 3217 viewsitfcjoe

Strangest thing happened today on 18:43 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

wearing headphones to the pub seems a little odd

I'd worn them on the walk to bus stop, bus journey and then whilst mooching round town before heading to the pub - seems fairly normal.

These are in ear buds, not cans for clarification

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strangest thing happened today on 19:20 - May 13 with 3206 viewsbrogansnose

Strangest thing happened today on 18:31 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

What, no onions, gravy and mashed potatoes ?

Liver is amazing stuff, full of goodness, low fat and well cheap, but, you've done half a job there your Lordship.
Strangest thing happened today on 19:42 - May 13 with 3154 viewsLord_Lucan

Strangest thing happened today on 19:20 - May 13 by brogansnose

What, no onions, gravy and mashed potatoes ?

Liver is amazing stuff, full of goodness, low fat and well cheap, but, you've done half a job there your Lordship.

Mash was never a consideration but I have some super bacon and chipolatas which I was going to add . Trouble is, and this happens every time, I just end up with liver as it is unbeatable. I probably won't eat another piece of liver for a couple of months.

Strangest thing happened today on 19:55 - May 13 with 3111 viewsjeera

I was thinking at least one of those phone calls had been made to the doctors by mistake.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Strangest thing happened today on 19:58 - May 13 with 3095 viewsPinewoodblue

your headphones are still in the pub, your paperboy has lost his.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Strangest thing happened today on 20:01 - May 13 with 3091 viewsjeera

Strangest thing happened today on 18:05 - May 13 by GeoffSentence

Years ago someone I used to work with lost her parrot, that is it flew away rather than she dropped it somewhere, anyway after an appeal on radio Suffolk it turned out that someone just round the corner from her had managed to apprehend a loose parrot.

After collecting the parrot she was at a bit of a loss because in the few days it had been away it's vocabulary had completely changed.

Unfortunately this was more than 10 years ago and I cannot remember the details of how it worked out, but it turned out that some other fella had lost a parrot of the type at about the same time and by chance they both flew to the other ones local area and for a while until they figured out what had happened, I think by another radio appeal, they ended up with each others parrots.

Edit: This is so bizarre you might think I made it all up, but no, look, I found an Evening Star report on it

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/women-get-the-wrong-parrots-1-105031
[Post edited 13 May 2019 18:07]

Good story but doesn't quite match.

One of the parrots needed to be dropped outside the pet shop, got home, couldn't find the thing, call pet shop, go to collect but spot the bird sitting on top of the fridge clutching your car keys the whole time etc.

I remember a mate at work desperately trying to convince a room full of us that he'd spotted an American Bald Eagle sitting in a field near Garboldisham one afternoon. Of course no one was having it.

Turned out later that evening on the local news that one had escaped from one of the sanctuaries in the area earlier that day.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024