Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... 16:15 - May 21 with 5051 viewsSpruceMoose

...if you're bored and want to get even more bored.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:48 - May 21 with 2580 viewsElderGrizzly

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:35 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

But just a couple of months ago people were demanding a second referendum with May/EU deal as one of the options and remain as another.

2016/17: We respect the result of the referendum but want a close relationship with the EU
2018: We still respect the result of the referendum but the best way to respect that vote is to hold another referendum now we are in possession of all the facts.
2019 (Jan-Apr): We should put May's deal to the country via a second referendum with remain as an option
2019(May-): Actually we don't want a second referendum we want to stop Brexit.

Fine. But why didn't they say that right from the start?

Unless i’ve missed something, what sane person would say “you must vote to leave (May’s deal)” and ONLY then offer you the opportunity for a second vote to leave or remain?

Just have a vote on her deal or remain, before even voting on her deal to begin with?
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 20:13 - May 21 with 2552 viewsfactual_blue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:32 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Clear as mud.

"May says MPs will be left with second referendum or general election if they vote down her deal."

And also she says that like it is a bad thing - Labour will whip to vote it down as will the LDs, the Green and Change Uk or whatever they are called now

It's as clear as mud and as meaningful as the norwich trophy cabinet.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 20:15 - May 21 with 2552 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:46 - May 21 by Keaneish

If its really close in favour of remain, are those who wanted to leave entitled to protest and force a 3rd referendum to make it fair do we think? This has car crash written all over it and in the mean time the country's problems deepen.

Of course they are entitled to protest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:00 - May 21 with 2523 viewsGirthyguy

We are a laughing stock at the moment. I voted remain in referendum but just want us to leave now with no deal. I'm sure people will disagree but this was the only likely outcome from the start. Such an embarrassing situation were in right now.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:18 - May 21 with 2511 viewsPinewoodblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:23 - May 21 by ElderGrizzly

But you have to vote her deal through first and that means leaving the EU.

Would you trust her or her successor to allow a second vote that basically reverses her deal? Why not just allow the second vote before her deal is voted on?

All seems a little bit shady to me...

The hidden message to Conservative MP's seems to be support my deal or lose your seat at a general election. Guarantees Labour will continue to vote against her deal.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:33 - May 21 with 2492 viewsWeekender

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:00 - May 21 by Girthyguy

We are a laughing stock at the moment. I voted remain in referendum but just want us to leave now with no deal. I'm sure people will disagree but this was the only likely outcome from the start. Such an embarrassing situation were in right now.

If that’s what you think is best you need to educate yourself. Your justification of embarrassment is nonsensical.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:46 - May 21 with 2482 viewsChocorange

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:00 - May 21 by Girthyguy

I also voted remain , and also now want us to leave.

The Government have had more than enough time to delivering its promise and failed but cannot agree on anything else either. None of the amendments ..nothing. They are a joke.

The reason I want us to leave is because we are a democracy , more people voted to leave , they were promised we would leave, we should do so , or the government (and Labour for that matter) will face a backlash.
We have just had council elections where thousands of ballot papers were spoils and the Tories lost loads of seats.

It will be interesting to see how many Brexit party candidates win in the upcoming Euro elections. How many spoils papers or protest votes there are .

For me now, it's deliver on the referendum, Cameron made the promise.
If at some future date a party has a manifesto that puts us back in Europe and is voted in, then we go back in... That's what a democracy is.

No wailing cos the public were given the choice, and chose to leave , No knashing of teeth and protesting because the remain vote apparently couldn't be bothered to get out of the armchair and vote in the referendum .

I am no expert on the economics, everyone on here spouts facts they have heard representing whichever side they want to win.
I say , There are enough senior intelligent people on both sides of the argument to know that it's not a clear decision as to what is best... So back to the democratic vote it is then. Be decisive and stop embarrassing ourselves in the eyes of the whole world!
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:48 - May 21 with 2480 viewsGirthyguy

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:33 - May 21 by Weekender

If that’s what you think is best you need to educate yourself. Your justification of embarrassment is nonsensical.

Are you pleased with how this has all panned out then?

I'm just fed up like everyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:49 - May 21 with 2477 viewslowhouseblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:46 - May 21 by Chocorange

The Government have had more than enough time to delivering its promise and failed but cannot agree on anything else either. None of the amendments ..nothing. They are a joke.

The reason I want us to leave is because we are a democracy , more people voted to leave , they were promised we would leave, we should do so , or the government (and Labour for that matter) will face a backlash.
We have just had council elections where thousands of ballot papers were spoils and the Tories lost loads of seats.

It will be interesting to see how many Brexit party candidates win in the upcoming Euro elections. How many spoils papers or protest votes there are .

If at some future date a party has a manifesto that puts us back in Europe and is voted in, then we go back in... That's what a democracy is.

No wailing cos the public were given the choice, and chose to leave , No knashing of teeth and protesting because the remain vote apparently couldn't be bothered to get out of the armchair and vote in the referendum .

I am no expert on the economics, everyone on here spouts facts they have heard representing whichever side they want to win.
I say , There are enough senior intelligent people on both sides of the argument to know that it's not a clear decision as to what is best... So back to the democratic vote it is then. Be decisive and stop embarrassing ourselves in the eyes of the whole world!

i voted remain and now believe that the costs of not honouring the referendum outweigh the costs of leaving.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:52 - May 21 with 2474 viewsGirthyguy

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:46 - May 21 by Chocorange

This is exactly it 1000% couldn't have said it better myself.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:05 - May 21 with 2450 viewsFootballpete

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:49 - May 21 by lowhouseblue

i voted remain and now believe that the costs of not honouring the referendum outweigh the costs of leaving.

I agree with you to a point. We need to honour the result of the referendum as much as I wish we didn’t have to. The problem however is that those tasked with taking us out seem to have no grasp of the realities of leaving or any coherent strategy to do so. It’s all very worrying.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:07 - May 21 with 2444 viewsWeekender

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 21:48 - May 21 by Girthyguy

Are you pleased with how this has all panned out then?

I'm just fed up like everyone else.

Being fed up is no reason to support leave. That is also nonsensical. The only way to ‘get it over with’ as many seem to want is to revoke article 50.

Brexiteers have caused this by not defining what brexit means.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:31 - May 21 with 2388 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:07 - May 21 by Weekender

Being fed up is no reason to support leave. That is also nonsensical. The only way to ‘get it over with’ as many seem to want is to revoke article 50.

Brexiteers have caused this by not defining what brexit means.

The problem with remaining is we know exactly what we are getting, more of why they voted to leave in the first place. No win scenario.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:57 - May 21 with 2357 viewsWeekender

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:31 - May 21 by gazzer1999

The problem with remaining is we know exactly what we are getting, more of why they voted to leave in the first place. No win scenario.

Very few actually knew what they were voted to leave from. Still dont

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 23:07 - May 21 with 2347 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:57 - May 21 by Weekender

Very few actually knew what they were voted to leave from. Still dont

Lets be honest, a lot of remainers haven't a clue why they voted to remain either. There are young people out there that think they won't be able to visit Spain on holiday if we leave.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 00:13 - May 22 with 2323 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 23:07 - May 21 by gazzer1999

Lets be honest, a lot of remainers haven't a clue why they voted to remain either. There are young people out there that think they won't be able to visit Spain on holiday if we leave.

You lot just can't help but lie.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:19 - May 22 with 2289 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 00:13 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

You lot just can't help but lie.

No, just trying to balance the debate.

¯_( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)_/¯
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:24 - May 22 with 2286 viewsPinewoodblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:19 - May 22 by gazzer1999

No, just trying to balance the debate.

¯_( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)_/¯

Fear of the Unknown = vote remain.

2023 year of destiny

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:42 - May 22 with 2275 viewsHerbivore

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 22:05 - May 21 by Footballpete

I agree with you to a point. We need to honour the result of the referendum as much as I wish we didn’t have to. The problem however is that those tasked with taking us out seem to have no grasp of the realities of leaving or any coherent strategy to do so. It’s all very worrying.

How do you honour the result of the referendum when what the winning side voted for was unclear or undeliverable?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:42 - May 22 with 2274 viewsHerbivore

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 23:07 - May 21 by gazzer1999

You talk absolute guff, dear.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:46 - May 22 with 2267 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:42 - May 22 by Herbivore

You talk absolute guff, dear.

Only in your little world, look around you the world does not end at the EU boarders. Bet your a flat earther.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:50 - May 22 with 2254 viewseireblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:24 - May 22 by Pinewoodblue

Fear of the Unknown = vote remain.

So you are acknowledging that the consequence of leaving the EU is unknown?
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:51 - May 22 with 2251 viewsHerbivore

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:46 - May 22 by gazzer1999

Only in your little world, look around you the world does not end at the EU boarders. Bet your a flat earther.

No, objectively you talk absolute guff. You're doing it again in this post, you just can't help it.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:53 - May 22 with 2250 viewsfooters

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:46 - May 22 by gazzer1999

No one thinks they won't be able to visit Spain, you absolute melon.

Given that you can't spell border or you're just goes to show the level of thinking we're up against.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:59 - May 22 with 2235 viewsPinewoodblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 08:50 - May 22 by eireblue

So you are acknowledging that the consequence of leaving the EU is unknown?

No. In, or out, of the EU is just one factor that affects the future. Donald Trump represents a much bigger cause for concern than Brexit.

2023 year of destiny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024