Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? 09:46 - May 23 with 1387 viewsSamWhiteUK

I mean, who tf _really_ cares?
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:50 - May 23 with 1370 viewsartsbossbeard

Judging by the responses, plenty.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:51 - May 23 with 1385 viewsPhilTWTD

I deliberately didn't run the Mick story as a separate piece in part because I always get accused of clickbait when I do! Also because I think we're all getting a bit bored of hearing the same things from him.
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:54 - May 23 with 1353 viewschicoazul

If you dont care so much make sure you dont write a post telling everyone you dont care.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 10:06 - May 23 with 1325 viewsfactual_blue

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:51 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

I deliberately didn't run the Mick story as a separate piece in part because I always get accused of clickbait when I do! Also because I think we're all getting a bit bored of hearing the same things from him.

Keep 'em coming Phil.

https://cdn.boldomatic.com/content/post/gHDPMA/don-t-it-always-seems-to-go-that-

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 10:10 - May 23 with 1309 viewsSitfcB

Don’t think you understand how ‘click bait’ stories work.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 10:11 - May 23 with 1312 viewsSitfcB

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:51 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Archant went with it as a story yet no one seemed to complain about them, you got unfair stick the last time yet they get let off.

Mick stories do bring in the hits/interaction though. Shows people are still bothered by him.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 10:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:35 - May 23 with 1188 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 10:10 - May 23 by SitfcB

Don’t think you understand how ‘click bait’ stories work.

Alright, interactions then. Jeez
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:38 - May 23 with 1181 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 09:54 - May 23 by chicoazul

If you dont care so much make sure you dont write a post telling everyone you dont care.

I give up, I really do. If you can't see my point, I'm not sure there's any hope for you.

Continue with your "Mick this, Mick that" discussions, everyone. Jesus.
Login to get fewer ads

QED (n/t) on 14:39 - May 23 with 1175 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:40 - May 23 with 1174 viewsSamWhiteUK

If we're all getting bored, why keep adding it to any stories? You feel you gotta hit a word count?

Please, enlighten me if I'm missing something here. I'd like to read news comments (I know, shoot me) that are relevant to Town, and relevant to the main part of the story. The comments in the story about the Cambridge game are something else, but could have easily been avoided
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:41 - May 23 with 1171 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not. I love the bed wetting it causes among the manbabies here.

See the comment above for a prime example.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:41]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:49 - May 23 with 1145 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:41 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I'm not. I love the bed wetting it causes among the manbabies here.

See the comment above for a prime example.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:41]

I'm assuming you mean my reply to Phil?

Are you really struggling to see the difference between my being annoyed at the forum and comments being full of sh!te, and the "bedwetting" of people actually annoyed at Mick directly?

I couldn't give a toss what the man says and think the people getting so worked up need to pull themselves together. However, the filled comments and forum posts could easily be limited by the reports not running the non-story.
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:51 - May 23 with 1144 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:49 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

Are you really struggling to see the difference between my being annoyed at the forum and comments being full of sh!te, and the "bedwetting" of people actually annoyed at Mick directly?

I couldn't give a toss what the man says and think the people getting so worked up need to pull themselves together. However, the filled comments and forum posts could easily be limited by the reports not running the non-story.

I too quite often start posts moaning about things to show I don't care about them.

This is gold. Thank you for assisting me with my morning arf! Love it!

[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:54 - May 23 with 1125 viewsHerbivore

Come off it, Phil. We all know the Hobnob fund runs low in the hinterlands between the season ending and the transfer window opening. Mick is keeping you in biscuits right now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:54 - May 23 with 1125 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:51 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I too quite often start posts moaning about things to show I don't care about them.

This is gold. Thank you for assisting me with my morning arf! Love it!

[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:53]

Fck me. Are you always this dimwitted or are you trying extra hard today?
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:55 - May 23 with 1117 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:54 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

Fck me. Are you always this dimwitted or are you trying extra hard today?

Are you always so angry about things you claim not to care about?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:02 - May 23 with 1098 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:55 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Are you always so angry about things you claim not to care about?

Ok, I'm going to assume you are having an off day.

I'm going to give you two separate things:

Thing 1) What MM says

Thing 2) The fact that what MM says is posted, leading to the comments getting clogged and countless posts on the forum about it, neither of which I care to read

Number 1, I don't care about. Number 2, I do. not enough that I should find myself 17 posts deep on a thread having to explain this quite simple concept to someone who clearly hasn't engaged their brain this morning, but that's on me.

Has that helped? I'm going to assume not, because you're acting as if you're beyond it. Congratulations, you "win", I'm out
Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:02 - May 23 with 1092 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:02 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

Thing 1) What MM says

Thing 2) The fact that what MM says is posted, leading to the comments getting clogged and countless posts on the forum about it, neither of which I care to read

Number 1, I don't care about. Number 2, I do. not enough that I should find myself 17 posts deep on a thread having to explain this quite simple concept to someone who clearly hasn't engaged their brain this morning, but that's on me.

Has that helped? I'm going to assume not, because you're acting as if you're beyond it. Congratulations, you "win", I'm out

Well, I'm lost.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:21 - May 23 with 1061 viewsSouperJim

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:49 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

Just don't read them?

It's not like the news story about the preseason game at Cambridge was likely to be filled with interesting debate. Some people would have said "oh good, I like Cambridge and they do good burgers". Other predictable types would have said "this is the worst thing that has ever happened to ITFC, Evans out". There, I've done it for you.

Regardless of the baiting, you do seem disproportionately upset by the whole thing.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:29 - May 23 with 1035 viewschicoazul

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 14:38 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

I give up, I really do. If you can't see my point, I'm not sure there's any hope for you.

Continue with your "Mick this, Mick that" discussions, everyone. Jesus.

There's definitely no hope for me, please dont worry about that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:55 - May 23 with 992 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 15:02 - May 23 by SamWhiteUK

Thing 1) What MM says

You'd probably think more clearly if you rid yourself of obsessive and unwanted thoughts of Mick McCarthy.

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 16:49 - May 23 with 935 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Thing 1) What MM says

Rather ironically, you are coming off as a numbskull.

Anyway excuse me. I'm off to get a flight to Moldova, before starting a 146 hour car journey to Tehran to protest about the rising cost of Quinoa. Not that I particularly care about it.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 16:52]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 16:56 - May 23 with 916 viewsJ2BLUE

What an entitled spoilt brat post.

No reason Phil shouldn't mention his comments just because you get triggered.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil, do you put the Mick McCarthy comments in the news stories for clicks? on 17:10 - May 23 with 878 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024