Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name-calling 16:14 - May 28 with 7393 viewsPhilTWTD

Does seem to have been a bit of a rise in the name-calling - and then the resultant abuse reports wasting my time - in recent days. If it could stop it would be appreciated. Obviously those who don't stop won't be welcome on here.
Name-calling on 08:48 - May 29 with 2262 viewsGeoffSentence

Name-calling on 18:59 - May 28 by skyblue23

I would just like to point out I was called a name today and didn’t report it, I’m not one of the grasses!

But you are calling the people who did report name calling 'grasses'. That's name calling. Phil has just said not to do that.

Honestly, can't people follow simple instructions.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Name-calling on 08:55 - May 29 with 2239 viewswkj

Name-calling on 08:48 - May 29 by GeoffSentence

But you are calling the people who did report name calling 'grasses'. That's name calling. Phil has just said not to do that.

Honestly, can't people follow simple instructions.

That is why you are dad's favourite boy <3

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Name-calling on 09:20 - May 29 with 2186 viewshoppy

Name-calling on 08:55 - May 29 by wkj

Is it August already?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Name-calling on 09:28 - May 29 with 2170 viewsGeoffSentence

Name-calling on 08:55 - May 29 by wkj

Don't call me 'Dad's favourite boy' or I will grass on you.

Name-calling on 10:06 - May 29 with 2124 viewsBlue_Moses

Name-calling on 17:22 - May 28 by blueconscience

Just get rid of the general section of the forum or make a section for Brexit/Politics, then we can choose whether or not to get involved in the two way abuse over the same boring topics.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 17:24]

Spot on, it's hard enough coming on here to discuss football, no interest in discussing politics or Brexit and that seems to have taken over. Appreciate it's a big event but I don't remember people discussing politics on here 20 years ago.
Name-calling on 10:15 - May 29 with 2105 viewsMattinLondon

Name-calling on 10:06 - May 29 by Blue_Moses

Spot on, it's hard enough coming on here to discuss football, no interest in discussing politics or Brexit and that seems to have taken over. Appreciate it's a big event but I don't remember people discussing politics on here 20 years ago.

In all honesty I’ve been guilty of being abusive towards some posters. Like a Skuse/ Hyam midfield double act my excuses don’t provide any real cover or defence but certain posters do seem to live off being ‘controversial’ and then become overly sensitive when they are held to account.
Name-calling on 10:15 - May 29 with 2105 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a bit of push to suggest people are actually 'discussing' it now to be fair!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Name-calling on 10:38 - May 29 with 2079 viewsHerbivore

20 years ago we were all comfortable and happy as part of a flourishing EU and being governed by an effective Labour government. There wasn't much to discuss.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Name-calling on 11:15 - May 29 with 2035 viewsNo9

Well done Phil
Name-calling on 11:17 - May 29 with 2033 viewsjeera

"Just get rid of the general section..."

It's not 'spot-on' though is it?

What BC is suggesting there is some sort of Football Only section which already exists.

It's quite the insult to Gav's hard work and innovation and is pretty much verging on name-calling when you consider it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Name-calling on 12:54 - May 29 with 1942 viewsStokieBlue

A lot of it comes from the fact that so many posts on here are spouting fake news or highly dubious theories with no evidence.

It's become almost unbearable. Literally nothing is done to stop it so when it's challenged things tend to descend in the manor you have described.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Name-calling on 13:20 - May 29 with 1911 viewsStu_Magoo

I haven't posted on here in years but I read the site and forum every day on my lunch break. What does amaze me when I'm reading these massive threads / bun-fights, is looking at the timestamps of posts, there are people who literally do nothing all day except bicker on here. No wonder the economy isn't very efficient!
Name-calling on 13:24 - May 29 with 1901 viewsGeoffSentence

Name-calling on 13:20 - May 29 by Stu_Magoo

I haven't posted on here in years but I read the site and forum every day on my lunch break. What does amaze me when I'm reading these massive threads / bun-fights, is looking at the timestamps of posts, there are people who literally do nothing all day except bicker on here. No wonder the economy isn't very efficient!

Au contraire Mr Magoo, those of us who are efficient have more time to spend on here. Now get back to work.

Name-calling on 13:28 - May 29 with 1891 viewsfooters

Name-calling on 12:54 - May 29 by StokieBlue

A lot of it comes from the fact that so many posts on here are spouting fake news or highly dubious theories with no evidence.

It's become almost unbearable. Literally nothing is done to stop it so when it's challenged things tend to descend in the manor you have described.

SB

"Lee Martin could have made a decent left-back"

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Name-calling on 13:38 - May 29 with 1866 viewsSpruceMoose

Name-calling on 13:28 - May 29 by footers

"Lee Martin could have made a decent left-back"

I always enjoyed his disciplinary record. He got away with far less than the fake news and Brexit crowd do on this forum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Name-calling on 14:16 - May 29 with 1816 viewsOldsmoker

Fortunately, I have not been subjected to any name-calling.
I would not reply to someone calling me a "melt" by calling them something worse.
I would just log-off and never post on here again.
That would teach them.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Name-calling on 14:20 - May 29 with 1806 viewsSpruceMoose

Name-calling on 14:16 - May 29 by Oldsmoker

I would not reply to someone calling me a "melt" by calling them something worse.
That would teach them.

The temptation to test your theory is strong... But I like you and don't want you to leave.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Name-calling on 14:29 - May 29 with 1785 viewsOldsmoker

Name-calling on 14:20 - May 29 by SpruceMoose

The temptation to test your theory is strong... But I like you and don't want you to leave.

Casting oneself as a victim is always a good standpoint.
It certainly works on Twitter and Facebook.
However, Trump name-calls constantly and I tend to think that whatever he does I should do the opposite.

Name-calling on 15:01 - May 29 with 1742 viewsHerbivore

Name-calling on 14:20 - May 29 by SpruceMoose

Pfft, you melt.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Name-calling on 15:10 - May 29 with 1730 viewsChiefXL

Name-calling on 21:37 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

Could be. I've been abusive to people on here. So have plenty of people. So who else could this refer to?

Maybe the one who threatened me with physical violence?
Maybe the one who accused me of lying about the death of my father?
Maybe the one(s) who constantly call me yank and try to suggest I shouldn't have an opinion on UK matters anymore?
Perhaps the ones who called me tw@t for objecting to the odious toads running for the Brexit Party?
Maybe the posters so in love with Tommy Robinson/Farage that they rant and rave and swear at anyone who dares to say a bad word about them?

Could be anyone really. Plenty of people are abusive on here. Some get noticed and criticised more for it than others. Plenty of hypocrites around pretending they're always polite though.

Flouncing snowflakes, the lot of them
Name-calling on 19:12 - May 29 with 1571 viewsjeera

Name-calling on 14:16 - May 29 by Oldsmoker

That would teach them.

Ah, but someone was calling you names just the other day as it goes.

You happened to miss it, which is just as well.

Good job you don't know and that no one has brought it to your attention.

Name-calling on 20:23 - May 29 with 1520 viewsOldsmoker

Name-calling on 19:12 - May 29 by jeera

Ah, but someone was calling you names just the other day as it goes.

You happened to miss it, which is just as well.

Good job you don't know and that no one has brought it to your attention.

Name-calling on 00:22 - May 30 with 1430 viewsjeera

Name-calling on 20:23 - May 29 by Oldsmoker

It was no one too important mate - don't you worry.

He abuses everyone.

Name-calling on 06:07 - May 30 with 1380 viewswkj

Name-calling on 09:20 - May 29 by hoppy

Is it August already?

It isn't, but they let me out early for good behaviour, that said my tag only allows me to use the internet for 2 hours a month until august, so being on here is cutting into my naughty website viewing time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024