Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham's new kit... 20:15 - May 30 with 2995 viewsglasso

Not only is it created specially for them by Umbro rather than being an off-the-peg shirt with a badge stuck on it, they're also offering it without a sponsor for adults.

Not sure how it works with the sponsor (whether they had to do a deal that meant a reduction in the money on offer) but it turns out it's possible.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9186969/west-ham-adult-kits-betway-betti
West Ham's new kit... on 20:16 - May 30 with 2957 viewsSpruceMoose

While the sentiment is admirable, shirts without sponsors always look a bit like market knock offs to me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

West Ham's new kit... on 20:22 - May 30 with 2917 viewsSimonds92

It does look like a training to though doesn't it sponsor or not.
West Ham's new kit... on 20:25 - May 30 with 2893 viewsSpruceMoose

They want 45 quid for a kids shirt? Is that the going rate?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

West Ham's new kit... on 20:42 - May 30 with 2827 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I doubt a sponsor of West ham is that fussed if a supporter opts not to have the sponsor on their shirt.

The sponsorship is primarily about the players being seen in the shirt in front of a worldwide audience.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

West Ham's new kit... on 20:43 - May 30 with 2817 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

West Ham's new kit... on 20:16 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

While the sentiment is admirable, shirts without sponsors always look a bit like market knock offs to me.

I think it looks better.

More like an international shirt I guess.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

West Ham's new kit... on 20:58 - May 30 with 2734 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A great looking shirt without the sponsor. The best I've seen of the new batch from English clubs.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

West Ham's new kit... on 07:44 - May 31 with 2244 viewsglasso

West Ham's new kit... on 20:42 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I doubt a sponsor of West ham is that fussed if a supporter opts not to have the sponsor on their shirt.

The sponsorship is primarily about the players being seen in the shirt in front of a worldwide audience.

Surely that wouldn't stand up for pretty much any club in League One or below who don't get into the playoffs, though? They're barely ever on TV and don't get in the papers much. There's got to be some value in having a city flooded with people wearing your logo at weekends
West Ham's new kit... on 07:46 - May 31 with 2236 viewsWD19

West Ham's new kit... on 20:22 - May 30 by Simonds92

It does look like a training to though doesn't it sponsor or not.

Very average looking shirt, but infinitely better for having no sponsor.

One of the advantages of having many large fans under the age of 18 I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

West Ham's new kit... on 08:02 - May 31 with 2214 viewsclive_baker

West Ham's new kit... on 20:42 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

It looks like they’re getting around it by labelling it as an adult size U18 kit, rather than the main strip.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

West Ham's new kit... on 08:11 - May 31 with 2198 viewsbontcho

I should know this, but is it possible to get an adult Town top with the Air Ambulance logo on instead? I'm one of those who's generally against buying football tops as an adult but would consider breaking the rules to "advertise" them.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

West Ham's new kit... on 08:14 - May 31 with 2187 viewsSwansea_Blue

West Ham's new kit... on 20:25 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

They want 45 quid for a kids shirt? Is that the going rate?!

It is if you want a bespoke shirt, without stick on badges and the option of no sponsor logo, apparently.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

West Ham's new kit... on 08:27 - May 31 with 2145 viewsuefacup81

West Ham's new kit... on 08:02 - May 31 by clive_baker

It looks like they’re getting around it by labelling it as an adult size U18 kit, rather than the main strip.

Which makes me wonder, are Betway in on this, or have WHU found a loophole in their contract with them?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

West Ham's new kit... on 12:22 - May 31 with 1886 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

West Ham's new kit... on 08:27 - May 31 by uefacup81

Which makes me wonder, are Betway in on this, or have WHU found a loophole in their contract with them?

We may just end up having to give West Ham some credit. They may have found a lovely way round a problem.

There are some kids of 16 and 17 that are obese and will be an adult XXL size. If you can't charge obese people more for the same dress as a Size 6, despite clearly being three times the material, then there's an argument to say you can't charge an obese 16 year old for an adult shirt.

This way it means adults will be able to buy shirts without the sponsor as child shirts in M, L, XL etc and get around the problem. Superb.

This is bound to start a conversation about how bigger kids have to pay more for an adult shirt when bigger adults don't have to pay more for a bigger size. There's a reasonable point to be made.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

West Ham's new kit... on 12:24 - May 31 with 1881 viewsHolyGoalie

Kit looks gash, though the optional removal of the sponsor is great thing.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

West Ham's new kit... on 12:30 - May 31 with 1865 viewsActionMan

Meanwhile we have a rehashed home shirt same as 2017 and a rehased away strip from 2015, template, with an Ipswich badge stuck on it, ready for next summers bargain bin like the rest we don't sell.
West Ham's new kit... on 12:34 - May 31 with 1843 viewshoppy

£55

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

West Ham's new kit... on 12:51 - May 31 with 1797 viewsGeoffSentence

West Ham's new kit... on 20:43 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it looks better.

More like an international shirt I guess.

I think it looks better too. More like The Goode Olde Days.

Didn't Leeds have a sponsorless season recently?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

West Ham's new kit... on 13:04 - May 31 with 1771 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

West Ham's new kit... on 12:30 - May 31 by ActionMan

Meanwhile we have a rehashed home shirt same as 2017 and a rehased away strip from 2015, template, with an Ipswich badge stuck on it, ready for next summers bargain bin like the rest we don't sell.

What would you like them do to?

If we change the shirt too much people won't buy it. Has to be rotated between plain blue, white sleeves and pinstripes. Anything else wouldn't look like us. Not much you can do with that.

The away kit has bene chosen because it's our best selling one ever.

Given that we want the club to raise money by selling merchandise what's the problem with either of those exactly?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

West Ham's new kit... on 13:06 - May 31 with 1767 viewsclive_baker

It's a lovely kit, as is their white away one. Really like the retro look without the sponsor.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

West Ham's new kit... on 13:10 - May 31 with 1745 viewsTractorCam

West Ham's new kit... on 07:44 - May 31 by glasso

Surely that wouldn't stand up for pretty much any club in League One or below who don't get into the playoffs, though? They're barely ever on TV and don't get in the papers much. There's got to be some value in having a city flooded with people wearing your logo at weekends

That's probably his point mate, before people start asking why Magical Vegas don't do this.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024