Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed 17:41 - Jun 4 with 3037 viewsgtsb

Such a waste of life yet so avoidable. I would hazard a guess that most fatal accidents are linked to speed. When will people learn.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48513130
Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:44 - Jun 4 with 2576 viewsSuperblue95

Bloody hell thats an insane speed. Doesn’t even seem like it was on a motorway either which is more mind boggling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:47 - Jun 4 with 2555 viewsGuthrum

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:44 - Jun 4 by Superblue95

Bloody hell thats an insane speed. Doesn’t even seem like it was on a motorway either which is more mind boggling

Supercars might have better handling on the track, but they often lack suspension travel for ordinary bumpy roads. And that's one heck of a lot of energy to dissipate in the event of an accident.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:54 - Jun 4 with 2508 viewsSuperblue95

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:47 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Supercars might have better handling on the track, but they often lack suspension travel for ordinary bumpy roads. And that's one heck of a lot of energy to dissipate in the event of an accident.

Aye, certainly not a surprise that Reyes and his cousin were killed in the crash, would have been a miracle if either had survived

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:59 - Jun 4 with 2492 viewsbluelagos

https://www.alamy.com/spain-andalusia-the-sierrania-de-ronda-on-a376-road-image5

Google images throws up this image of the road. Might explain why he was tempted to open up.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:00 - Jun 4 with 2470 viewsSpruceMoose

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:59 - Jun 4 by bluelagos

https://www.alamy.com/spain-andalusia-the-sierrania-de-ronda-on-a376-road-image5

Google images throws up this image of the road. Might explain why he was tempted to open up.

I'd be tempted to drive along that there cliff side road at about 5mph personally.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:03 - Jun 4 with 2456 viewsGuthrum

Only if you want to die! No run-off room at all, little visibility.

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:03 - Jun 4 with 2461 viewssundaze

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 17:47 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

From what I have read, he was driving a Mercedez s550, which is not a sporty super car, more like a limo.
Hell of a speed though, some reports saying 147 mph, tyres not correct pressures and ultimately it is thought that a blow out at that insane speed caused the fatal accident.
Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 2456 viewsMrTown

Fairly long road by the looks of it, but doesn’t look like a motorway, looks similar to the a12, speed limit was 75mph apparently.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 2451 viewsbluelagos

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:00 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I'd be tempted to drive along that there cliff side road at about 5mph personally.

Remind me never to catch a lift wifh you Sprucey 😂

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:07 - Jun 4 with 2433 viewsGuthrum

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:03 - Jun 4 by sundaze

From what I have read, he was driving a Mercedez s550, which is not a sporty super car, more like a limo.
Hell of a speed though, some reports saying 147 mph, tyres not correct pressures and ultimately it is thought that a blow out at that insane speed caused the fatal accident.

People forget that tyres have a maximum speed rating.

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:08 - Jun 4 with 2437 viewsMrTown

Mundo Deptortivo in Barcelona reporting he was actually doing 147mph. Also reporting that had driven the car in numerous months and had tyre blow-out due to the tyres pressures not been checked.

I know it sounds silly but that such an important lesson to get make sure your tyres are always ok, especially new and young drivers who may pass it by.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:08]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:09 - Jun 4 with 2413 viewsbluelagos

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:03 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Only if you want to die! No run-off room at all, little visibility.

Love to see you riding the Alpine passes :-) Few years back we hit a snow storm on Stelvio (in June) which made for an interesting ride .

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:12 - Jun 4 with 2392 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:03 - Jun 4 by sundaze

It was a Brabbus, which are basically built for speed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:22 - Jun 4 with 2349 viewshampstead_blue

What an utter prig.
Selfish prig

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:25 - Jun 4 with 2339 viewsStokieBlue

I've driven that road loads of times, even that stretch and I've never been tempted to drive at 135mph+.

There really is no excuse.

Sad for everyone involved.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:29 - Jun 4 with 2309 viewsPendejo

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:07 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

People forget that tyres have a maximum speed rating.

Unless he was a absolute t wat, the tyres on a Brabus S Class would be good for the limits of the car, in normal circumstances. If, however, as another poster writes they were not properly inflated then that makes them hazardous.

The S Class is a big solid car, under normal circumstances. Out of my company's fleet of cars it is the type I'd prefer to be in, should the vehicle be involved in an RTC. HOWEVER obviously the faster the travel the more catastrophic the impact.

Then of course, even if the impact of the car itself is not catastrophic, there is the travel of the internal organs, which can smash against the rib cage / each other etc.

As you've pointed out carefully constructed and managed tracks, on which super speeds are recorded are a word away from public roads.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:30 - Jun 4 with 2302 viewsbluelagos

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:25 - Jun 4 by StokieBlue

I've driven that road loads of times, even that stretch and I've never been tempted to drive at 135mph+.

SB

He made a stupid decision and paid for it with his life.

Showing off? In a rush? Having fun? We'll never know for sure, but he paid a very heavy price for it.

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:33 - Jun 4 with 2292 viewsbluelagos

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:25 - Jun 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Is the picture (from google images) typical of the stretch from Seville to Utrera?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:39 - Jun 4 with 2245 viewsStokieBlue

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:33 - Jun 4 by bluelagos

Is the picture (from google images) typical of the stretch from Seville to Utrera?

Not that I remember, that stretch is flatish and straight. In fact I don't remember that part at all, it looks more like a road near Ronda or Grazalema. Makes sense, long straight drag strip then a blowout.

Perhaps I'm not remembering right but I don't think that's the right road.

SB
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:40]

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:43 - Jun 4 with 2199 viewsbluelagos

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:39 - Jun 4 by StokieBlue

Not that I remember, that stretch is flatish and straight. In fact I don't remember that part at all, it looks more like a road near Ronda or Grazalema. Makes sense, long straight drag strip then a blowout.

SB

The road number could well be much longer, so no guarantee at all that was similar to where he crashed (why i asked)

Might do some googling later to see if i can find the bit of road in question.

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:25 - Jun 4 with 2050 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:39 - Jun 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Google images on the road name generally shows images like this - which sounds more like what you’ve described

[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 19:25]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:37 - Jun 4 with 1999 viewsStokieBlue

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:25 - Jun 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Google images on the road name generally shows images like this - which sounds more like what you’ve described

That looks about right.

The other picture is like countless roads near Ronda which are lovely with a great view.

SB

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:51 - Jun 4 with 1961 viewsjeera

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:25 - Jun 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That makes more sense, (not condoning the 135mph), but I was with Spruce on the cliff-top road. I'd crawl along that fecker.

I don't 'do' heights.

RIP Reyes and cousin. Sad price to pay for stupidity. 35 years old, wealthy and a fantastic life ahead...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 19:54 - Jun 4 with 1947 viewsGlasgowBlue

Inappropriate speed rather than speed alone. And looking at that road his speed certainly was inappropriate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 09:30 - Jun 5 with 1582 viewsGuthrum

Reyes car was doing over 135 mph when it crashed on 18:09 - Jun 4 by bluelagos

Love to see you riding the Alpine passes :-) Few years back we hit a snow storm on Stelvio (in June) which made for an interesting ride .

I did some interesting passes (in a car) in the Rockies and Sierra Nevada last year. Wasn't greatly tempted to see how fast I could take the bends.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024