Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For you political lot... 13:33 - Jun 12 with 6989 viewsSitfcB

Who should be the next PM and why?

Who do you want?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

For you political lot... on 14:27 - Jun 12 with 1097 viewsBugs

Out of that Tory lot it's like trying to decide which one of them you want to murder your family, so none of them. Although I expect Raab would take joyfully glee being the one chosen to do that.
For you political lot... on 14:29 - Jun 12 with 1078 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For you political lot... on 14:24 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart. Young, energetic, a realist, track record of negotiation, a bridge builder, worked with charities, well read, and extremely brave.

He won't make the final two. If he did then I believe he could beat Boris in an open campaign.

They couldn't possibly elect him as leader, that would be far too brave.

They need to pick a buffoon that is stereotypical of all who is wrong with the Tory party.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For you political lot... on 14:30 - Jun 12 with 1089 viewsgordon

For you political lot... on 14:24 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart. Young, energetic, a realist, track record of negotiation, a bridge builder, worked with charities, well read, and extremely brave.

He won't make the final two. If he did then I believe he could beat Boris in an open campaign.

The main problem for Rory Stewart is that he's in the wrong party.
For you political lot... on 14:33 - Jun 12 with 1070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For you political lot... on 14:24 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

If you want a left-leaning conservative government then Corbyn is 7/10, he isnt particularly patriotic and is a pacifist but he ticks most of your boxes.
We shouldnt build any more homes though. This is a lie put about by big developers and their Tory puppets. There are more than enough houses currently to go around for everyone. What we need is some way of incentivising the people hogging the housing stock to free it up for e.g. pensioners who have 3 empty bedrooms, to raise some sort of additional taxation on holiday homes, and to seize houses left empty for years at a time.

Pensioner with 3 empty bedrooms?

Moving / downsizing at that age is not as easy as people seem to think.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For you political lot... on 14:33 - Jun 12 with 1078 viewschicoazul

For you political lot... on 14:30 - Jun 12 by gordon

What party do you think someone who voted for raising the income tax threshold, voted for Trident, voted against a right to remain for EU nationals, voted against a banker's bonus tax, and consistently voted to reduce corporation tax should be in?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For you political lot... on 14:35 - Jun 12 with 1070 viewsGlasgowBlue

For you political lot... on 14:30 - Jun 12 by gordon

I did this earlier on another thread. He's a one nation Tory. I know they have been sidelined recently but there is support in the party for one nation Toryism.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

For you political lot... on 14:37 - Jun 12 with 1057 viewsgordon

For you political lot... on 14:33 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

What party do you think someone who voted for raising the income tax threshold, voted for Trident, voted against a right to remain for EU nationals, voted against a banker's bonus tax, and consistently voted to reduce corporation tax should be in?

I didn't say he was principled!
For you political lot... on 14:40 - Jun 12 with 1049 viewschicoazul

For you political lot... on 14:37 - Jun 12 by gordon

I didn't say he was principled!

What party do you think an unprincipled politician should be in, then?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

For you political lot... on 14:41 - Jun 12 with 1047 viewschicoazul

For you political lot... on 14:35 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

I did this earlier on another thread. He's a one nation Tory. I know they have been sidelined recently but there is support in the party for one nation Toryism.

I think Hunt is going to win.

For you political lot... on 14:46 - Jun 12 with 1028 viewsSE1blue

The Hugh Grant Prime Minister from Love Actually.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

For you political lot... on 14:50 - Jun 12 with 1013 viewsgordon

For you political lot... on 14:40 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

What party do you think an unprincipled politician should be in, then?

You've got me in a royal fork here. The political wing of the ramblers association?
For you political lot... on 14:52 - Jun 12 with 1003 viewsgordon

For you political lot... on 14:35 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

Genuine question - what does that phrase mean, in simple terms? I didn't see the other thread, feel free to link your previous explanation.
For you political lot... on 14:53 - Jun 12 with 999 viewsElderGrizzly

For you political lot... on 14:12 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Hunt's personal view is that the time for abortions should be reduced. Trying to spin it that he wants to introduce laws to that affect isn't really true. He has said if a backbencher brings the bill forward (they obviously will) it will be a free vote so it has no chance of going through.

To answer your question Sitters, for me it's Hunt. The best of a pretty poor selection.

All meaningless anyway. Boris is your new PM.

Yeah, these things have a habit of gaining momentum though. A personal view can quickly become more than that.

This is one outcome being floated. Johnson winning an election as PM, but probably losing his own seat at the same time

For you political lot... on 14:59 - Jun 12 with 985 viewsgordon

For you political lot... on 14:53 - Jun 12 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, these things have a habit of gaining momentum though. A personal view can quickly become more than that.

This is one outcome being floated. Johnson winning an election as PM, but probably losing his own seat at the same time

Yeah, I think Boris is counting on Labour winning a vote of no-confidence to stop the disaster of no-deal, Boris then delays Brexit (which he knows he has to do anyway) but he isn't to blame, and then he wins a massive majority as the defender of the will of the people. The withered husk of Jeremy Corbyn is finally thrown into the political dustbin, and Boris gets started on the UK-USA trade pact to come into effect in mid-2020 when we finally leave the EU, and stages a photo-op with Trump where they gobble up a bucket of chlorinated chicken.
For you political lot... on 15:00 - Jun 12 with 983 viewsitfcjoe

For you political lot... on 13:49 - Jun 12 by ElderGrizzly

None of those like Raab, Johnson and Leadsom who say they are taking us out of EU no matter what on the 31st October.

Hunt wants to introduce draconian abortion laws too, so even though he is softer on Brexit he is a no from that perspective.

It’s a woeful choice of candidates, but the least worst option is Stewart, but he won’t get anywhere near the final 2.

Best we can hope for is a general election and a short lived Johnson premiership.

Safe to say it won’t be McVey

[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 13:50]

Anyone from Liverpool who launches their leadership bid with a framed picture of Thatcher on their podium should be forced to try and swim the Mersey in a thunderstorm.

She allowed their fans to be blamed for Hillsborough and tried to basically destroy the City with her policies which has now actually been revealed

I bet she reads The Sun too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For you political lot... on 15:19 - Jun 12 with 951 viewswkj

The guardian newspaper, because it implies it like it is

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For you political lot... on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 943 viewsDanTheMan

For you political lot... on 14:12 - Jun 12 by gordon

To be fair the McVey, the story of St Helena Airport is about as much of a f*ck up as Brexit, but it actually isn't on any of the 'continents'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena_Airport

And it's also a British overseas territory...

Possibly the worst example you could use.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

For you political lot... on 15:27 - Jun 12 with 934 viewsitfcjoe

It will probably end up as Hunt v Johnson.

I like Rory Stewart, it may be because he isn't as high profile as some of the others but he's the only one who hasn't made a total balls up of a previous office, or is clearly and demonstrably lying.

He strikes me as someone who can speak to people and get on with them, not contentious or a c*nt, and that he seems to have a good track record of compromise.

He can see the issues Brexit has presented and will look to work with all sides to get it resolved, not just bluster on about unachieveable ideas to then point and blame later down the line.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For you political lot... on 15:29 - Jun 12 with 923 viewsSE1blue

For you political lot... on 15:27 - Jun 12 by itfcjoe

It will probably end up as Hunt v Johnson.

I like Rory Stewart, it may be because he isn't as high profile as some of the others but he's the only one who hasn't made a total balls up of a previous office, or is clearly and demonstrably lying.

He strikes me as someone who can speak to people and get on with them, not contentious or a c*nt, and that he seems to have a good track record of compromise.

He can see the issues Brexit has presented and will look to work with all sides to get it resolved, not just bluster on about unachieveable ideas to then point and blame later down the line.

Johnson is 1/2 with the bookies. Hunt is second favourite but out at 5/1.

If they can predict who will win Eurovision and end up on the throne in GOT, then it'll be Boris.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 15:32]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

For you political lot... on 15:31 - Jun 12 with 917 viewsBobbyDazzler

Case of better the devil you know really so i would say johnson like i said on here earlier ,really dont know most of the others but none of us get to vote for new pm this time round
For you political lot... on 15:34 - Jun 12 with 911 viewsPinewoodblue

For you political lot... on 14:12 - Jun 12 by gordon

To be fair the McVey, the story of St Helena Airport is about as much of a f*ck up as Brexit, but it actually isn't on any of the 'continents'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena_Airport

Geography never was her strong point. When she was in the department for employment she told an out of work engineer in Blackburn that he could work for Nissan in Sunderland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For you political lot... on 15:37 - Jun 12 with 904 viewsPinewoodblue

For you political lot... on 13:49 - Jun 12 by ElderGrizzly

None of those like Raab, Johnson and Leadsom who say they are taking us out of EU no matter what on the 31st October.

Hunt wants to introduce draconian abortion laws too, so even though he is softer on Brexit he is a no from that perspective.

It’s a woeful choice of candidates, but the least worst option is Stewart, but he won’t get anywhere near the final 2.

Best we can hope for is a general election and a short lived Johnson premiership.

Safe to say it won’t be McVey

[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 13:50]

More to the point money spent in a British Overseas territory hardly counts as Foreign aid.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For you political lot... on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 895 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

In a perfect world Boris. A vote of no confidence will lead to a General Election. Boris and NewKIP will split the vote and Corbyn will stroll into No 10
For you political lot... on 15:40 - Jun 12 with 889 viewshampstead_blue

For you political lot... on 14:24 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

If you want a left-leaning conservative government then Corbyn is 7/10, he isnt particularly patriotic and is a pacifist but he ticks most of your boxes.
We shouldnt build any more homes though. This is a lie put about by big developers and their Tory puppets. There are more than enough houses currently to go around for everyone. What we need is some way of incentivising the people hogging the housing stock to free it up for e.g. pensioners who have 3 empty bedrooms, to raise some sort of additional taxation on holiday homes, and to seize houses left empty for years at a time.

One of the biggest blockers of houses are council tenants.

(light the fuse)........

Were we lived in Hampstead there were elderly people living in tow and three bed houses and flats. They had lived there all their lives. Absolutely pointless!

Social housing should be more fluid. People should be compelled to move when their circumstances change.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

For you political lot... on 15:42 - Jun 12 with 881 viewsSpruceMoose

For you political lot... on 15:40 - Jun 12 by hampstead_blue

One of the biggest blockers of houses are council tenants.

(light the fuse)........

Were we lived in Hampstead there were elderly people living in tow and three bed houses and flats. They had lived there all their lives. Absolutely pointless!

Social housing should be more fluid. People should be compelled to move when their circumstances change.

It's their home. Nobody should be compelled to move.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024