Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car hire issues 14:55 - Jun 18 with 6641 viewsitfcjoe

About to go into my 3rd hour at the airport as car at wrong airport, now new car coming.

Wife and kids been taxi’d to the hotel - not a good start to the holiday, and my halloumi in Costa is sh*t whilst great street food and little restaurants are just a short car ride away.

Positives, Mrs will have apartment setup and stuff unpacked when I get there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Car hire issues on 14:58 - Jun 18 with 5370 viewsStokieBlue

That's ridiculous.

Surely they should just upgrade you as many levels as it takes until they have a car in stock for that level.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Car hire issues on 14:58 - Jun 18 with 5361 viewsSE1blue

Is the car at Gatwick?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Car hire issues on 15:02 - Jun 18 with 5346 viewsclive_baker

Where have you gone?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Car hire issues on 15:07 - Jun 18 with 5327 viewsitfcjoe

Car hire issues on 14:58 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

That's ridiculous.

Surely they should just upgrade you as many levels as it takes until they have a car in stock for that level.

SB

Not only that I get a smaller car too, they’ve put a booking in with Avis for me but takes them 2-3 hours to get one ready apparently. One company had one but was €700 more.

Guess that’s the issue with booking with an agent and not direct with a provider that they have very little say - it’s already an extra £150 for the agent so imagine it’s going to be an effort to even get some more compo for the taxi and hassle etc

Car hire issues on 15:08 - Jun 18 with 5322 viewsitfcjoe

Car hire issues on 15:02 - Jun 18 by clive_baker

Where have you gone?

I’m in Pafos, my hire car is apparently in Larnaka it has taken longer to get a new one sorted than it would have been to drive down

Car hire issues on 15:08 - Jun 18 with 5310 viewsSouperJim

Car hire issues on 15:08 - Jun 18 by itfcjoe

I’m in Pafos, my hire car is apparently in Larnaka it has taken longer to get a new one sorted than it would have been to drive down

Smash the place up

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Car hire issues on 15:12 - Jun 18 with 5293 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Beware of the 'excess' payments

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Car hire issues on 15:36 - Jun 18 with 5229 viewsWD19

Had similar shizzle last year when I landed.

Car I had hired was not available because they had never been delivered. When I say never, I mean the car I hired (and paid in advance for) they never intended to be available. All they could offer me was a smaller car at the same price.

After kicking up an almighty stink they finally gave me a discount (to the price it should have been for the smaller car all along) but could not offer me the size of car I required (or larger) under any circumstances. I lost the will to live and quit whilst I was behind.
Login to get fewer ads

Car hire issues on 15:38 - Jun 18 with 5225 viewscatch74

Hope the weathers better there than it is here! Have a good one and hope the car gets sorted soon.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Car hire issues on 15:43 - Jun 18 with 5205 viewsusm

Tell you what I'd do about it, Joe, I'd post it on here, that should sort it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your hols.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Car hire issues on 15:52 - Jun 18 with 5176 viewsWeWereZombies

I think the moral of this tale is never hire a car from an airport (except for Jo'burg maybe) and always use the shuttle bus to get to your accommodation so that you can have a rest before getting your, probably better and almost certainly more affordable, car downtown. Actually, the downtown place will probably deliver it to your hotel for no extra cost.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Car hire issues on 15:53 - Jun 18 with 5176 viewsGeoffSentence

Car hire issues on 15:43 - Jun 18 by usm

Tell you what I'd do about it, Joe, I'd post it on here, that should sort it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your hols.

Actually, it's not such a bad idea. I sort of know people in Paphos, maybe I could ask them to get tooled up and sort it out.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Car hire issues on 16:16 - Jun 18 with 5127 viewsPinewoodblue

In three hours you could have got a taxi to Larnaca, picked up hire car and been well on your way back to Pafos assuming there ever was a hire car.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Car hire issues on 16:34 - Jun 18 with 5066 viewsdavblue

Car hire issues on 15:38 - Jun 18 by catch74

Hope the weathers better there than it is here! Have a good one and hope the car gets sorted soon.

I’ve been in paphos for the week, the weather has been amazing pretty much 27 degrees every day, hardly any clouds and no sign of rain!
Car hire issues on 16:38 - Jun 18 with 5034 viewsdavblue

Car hire issues on 16:34 - Jun 18 by davblue

I’ve been in paphos for the week, the weather has been amazing pretty much 27 degrees every day, hardly any clouds and no sign of rain!

And I’m pretty sure Remi Matthews and Josh Vela are staying here also. I was just in the gym with Who I think is Remi!
Car hire issues on 16:46 - Jun 18 with 5023 viewsfactual_blue

Car hire issues on 15:53 - Jun 18 by GeoffSentence

Actually, it's not such a bad idea. I sort of know people in Paphos, maybe I could ask them to get tooled up and sort it out.

There's somebody in Ixworth High Street who has an apartment to let in Paphos. I'll get them on to it.

I think between us we may have this sorted.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Car hire issues on 17:02 - Jun 18 with 4974 viewsRadlett_blue

Car hire issues on 15:07 - Jun 18 by itfcjoe

Not only that I get a smaller car too, they’ve put a booking in with Avis for me but takes them 2-3 hours to get one ready apparently. One company had one but was €700 more.

Guess that’s the issue with booking with an agent and not direct with a provider that they have very little say - it’s already an extra £150 for the agent so imagine it’s going to be an effort to even get some more compo for the taxi and hassle etc

Picking up (and returning) the hire car has invariably been the worst part of a holiday. It's an utterly horrible industry, especially outside the US where most of the outlets of the big brands are franchised & therefore often not controlled or managed properly. I have also made the mistake of using one of those "agents" rather than going direct and deeply regretted it. One of them (in the US this time) tried to rip me off and the other one went bust, leaving me charged twice for the same car (although I did eventually get one of the charges back after a fearful argument with my credit card company and use of the Financial Ombudsman).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Car hire issues on 18:05 - Jun 18 with 4900 viewsBLUEBEAT

I met Mike Walker in Paphos.

Poll: W or W

Car hire issues on 18:13 - Jun 18 with 4887 viewsoldburian

Car hire issues on 18:05 - Jun 18 by BLUEBEAT

I met Mike Walker in Paphos.

I met John Bond at Penina on the Algarve,

Having spent years laughing at him he turned out to be a really great person.
Car hire issues on 18:20 - Jun 18 with 4877 viewsfactual_blue

Car hire issues on 18:13 - Jun 18 by oldburian

I saw Nigel Worthington in Brancaster once. He looked as miserable as sin.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Car hire issues on 23:20 - Jun 18 with 4771 viewsBLUEBEAT

Car hire issues on 18:13 - Jun 18 by oldburian

Mike Walker was a good laugh.

He was a part-owner at the hotel we were staying at.

He was always in the bar playing cards into the early hours.

Poll: W or W

Car hire issues on 03:26 - Jun 19 with 4716 viewsbluejake78

You are so gay with your hissie fit.
Man up and smoke it.
Car hire issues on 06:44 - Jun 19 with 4656 viewsitfcjoe

Car hire issues on 16:38 - Jun 18 by davblue

And I’m pretty sure Remi Matthews and Josh Vela are staying here also. I was just in the gym with Who I think is Remi!

Did you quiz him on the upcoming transfer? Where about a are you staying

Car hire issues on 06:49 - Jun 19 with 4645 viewsitfcjoe

Car hire issues on 17:02 - Jun 18 by Radlett_blue

Picking up (and returning) the hire car has invariably been the worst part of a holiday. It's an utterly horrible industry, especially outside the US where most of the outlets of the big brands are franchised & therefore often not controlled or managed properly. I have also made the mistake of using one of those "agents" rather than going direct and deeply regretted it. One of them (in the US this time) tried to rip me off and the other one went bust, leaving me charged twice for the same car (although I did eventually get one of the charges back after a fearful argument with my credit card company and use of the Financial Ombudsman).

It was just massively frustrating and time consuming - the company I effectively was with seemed to be 2 blokes and one in the each of the airports. Their system was wrong and wasn’t much they could or would do although him driving down from the other airport may have been a bit quicker!

I have ended up with a slightly better car, which should have been much more but think size wise it may be a bit smaller and may struggle to fit all the luggage in. Also meant I had to pay €50 for a cab, ages on the phone and wasted half a day of holiday as by time sorted didn’t have time to go shopping etc as kids were in bed as need to do all that now

Car hire issues on 07:31 - Jun 19 with 4572 viewsTractorWood

I used Sixt a few years ago in Spain. They are by all accounts a reputable company but they tried the 'the car you ordered is not ready, but we have a worse one ready now' trick. Told them to shove it and they gave me a better car after 30 minutes of fake phone calls to their 'manager'.

I booked the car 5 months in advance. Horrible industry.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024