Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill 08:26 - Jun 26 with 5592 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 08:31 - Jun 26 with 3629 viewsGeoffSentence

By crikey he's a waffler, twelve seconds from "what do you make" to "I make buses"

It is excruciating listening to him, it's like he has just learnt a foreign language and he has to think what each word means.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 08:35 - Jun 26 with 3606 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 08:31 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

By crikey he's a waffler, twelve seconds from "what do you make" to "I make buses"

It is excruciating listening to him, it's like he has just learnt a foreign language and he has to think what each word means.

He makes an idiot of himself, like he usually does.

There was a comment from someone (can't remember where I heard it) saying that nowadays we don't have any statesmen (or stateswomen, statespeople, etc), we just have utter states!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 8:37]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 08:58 - Jun 26 with 3554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 08:31 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:04 - Jun 26 with 3534 viewsfooters

It actually sounds like he's lying, which is very odd. Imagine struggling with answering 'What do you do to relax?' Jesus.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:08 - Jun 26 with 3524 viewsHeathlander

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:04 - Jun 26 by footers

It actually sounds like he's lying, which is very odd. Imagine struggling with answering 'What do you do to relax?' Jesus.

Is the answer "Turn water into wine"?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:16 - Jun 26 with 3495 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:04 - Jun 26 by footers

Have to agree with you there!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:19 - Jun 26 with 3489 viewsfooters

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:16 - Jun 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have to agree with you there!

We the public demand to see these homemade buses! Come on, Bojo - show us your Routemaster... You think you're the dream ticket, but what about your public conduct, eh?

I'd wager some CCHQ interns have been up all night with the PVA and sticky-back plastic as a result.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:24 - Jun 26 with 3474 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:19 - Jun 26 by footers

We the public demand to see these homemade buses! Come on, Bojo - show us your Routemaster... You think you're the dream ticket, but what about your public conduct, eh?

I'd wager some CCHQ interns have been up all night with the PVA and sticky-back plastic as a result.

He did have one, but it was demolished by a flying laptop ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 09:51 - Jun 26 with 3437 viewscaught-in-limbo

Exactly what I thought.

He gets wine boxes and turns them into buses and paints passengers inside, enjoying themselves. Of course he does.

What he really does to relax probably wouldn't endear him to anyone so he just made up a ridiculous story.

Union Jack waving buffoon isn't cool. Robot-dancing, wheat field woman isn't cool. Dead pig head abusing man isn't cool. They're all really messed up, self-serving people.

Why do we entertain them by voting for any of them?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 10:11]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:01 - Jun 26 with 3401 viewslowhouseblue

surely that's sort of the point. he probably is lying. he is the sort of politician who has no existence or intellectual life outside of politics. it's the only thing they do - they don't understand the point of anything else. though it's a bit unfair on boris cos he obviously has his womanising as well, but he can't say that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:15 - Jun 26 with 3371 viewswkj

I bet Gove wishes he never answered that question honestly
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 10:54]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:23 - Jun 26 with 3351 viewsGuthrum

Interviewer: What do you do to relax?
Internal Boris Voice: Drink wine and plot my route to power! Err, can't say that. What did Churchill do, ah - he painted ...
Johnson: I paint.
IBV: Agh, you idiot, now he'll ask to see pictures and you can't actually paint. Say something else.
Johnson: Errr .... gwlagh ... bleuhhh ... I make things ... errr ...
IBV: Buses! Remind them you used to be Mayor of London.
Johnson: I make buses [long rambling anecdote about making buses out of old wine boxes]
Interviewer: You make buses??
IBV: Aargh! Change the subject! Change the subject!
But by then he's too deeply in.

On this topic, Martin Rowson is, as ever, savage but well observed: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2019/jun/25/martin-rowson-bori

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:54 - Jun 26 with 3296 viewsSteve_M

John Crace suggested that even Boris realised that saying "shagging" was inappropriate:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/25/bumbling-boris-johnson-takes-to

It's a decent takedown anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:58 - Jun 26 with 3280 viewsStokieBlue

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:54 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

John Crace suggested that even Boris realised that saying "shagging" was inappropriate:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/25/bumbling-boris-johnson-takes-to

It would be very funny if it wasn't so serious.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:59 - Jun 26 with 3277 viewsfooters

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:54 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

Mr Crace gets it spot on again. Bootiful.

Surely Tory party members aren't stupid enough to let this happen now? Only one way to find out I guess.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:01 - Jun 26 with 3266 viewsStokieBlue

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:59 - Jun 26 by footers

Mr Crace gets it spot on again. Bootiful.

Surely Tory party members aren't stupid enough to let this happen now? Only one way to find out I guess.

Even if they don't we are stuck with Hunt.

It's a shame Stewart didn't make the final 2 given the Olympus Mons scale of the Boris meltdown.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:11 - Jun 26 with 3238 viewsfooters

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:01 - Jun 26 by StokieBlue

It's a shame Stewart didn't make the final 2 given the Olympus Mons scale of the Boris meltdown.

SB

In a way, a very sick sort of way, I want Boris to win. Let's go downhill as fast as we can, could be fun!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:15 - Jun 26 with 3216 viewssoupytwist

Surprised no one has posted this:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/06/25/the-bbcs-simon-mccoy-had-the-very-best-resp
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:16 - Jun 26 with 3212 viewssolemio

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 10:01 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

surely that's sort of the point. he probably is lying. he is the sort of politician who has no existence or intellectual life outside of politics. it's the only thing they do - they don't understand the point of anything else. though it's a bit unfair on boris cos he obviously has his womanising as well, but he can't say that.

To have an intellectual life, having an intellect is something of a pre-requisite.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:17 - Jun 26 with 3207 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:15 - Jun 26 by soupytwist

Surprised no one has posted this:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/06/25/the-bbcs-simon-mccoy-had-the-very-best-resp

Freudian slip, or very good joke?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:20 - Jun 26 with 3194 viewsSteve_M

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:11 - Jun 26 by footers

In a way, a very sick sort of way, I want Boris to win. Let's go downhill as fast as we can, could be fun!

The most amusing thing about this whole contest is that, in attempting to play off pro- and anti-deal Tories and kicking any decision down the road, Boris is just repeating May's approach with a bit more bantz.

Assuming he is elected and has to face decisions, will he really want to a) risk an election that could see him out of office within two months or b) crash out of the EU immediately, again increasingly the risk of a Corbyn government?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 3178 viewsfooters

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:20 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

The most amusing thing about this whole contest is that, in attempting to play off pro- and anti-deal Tories and kicking any decision down the road, Boris is just repeating May's approach with a bit more bantz.

Assuming he is elected and has to face decisions, will he really want to a) risk an election that could see him out of office within two months or b) crash out of the EU immediately, again increasingly the risk of a Corbyn government?

'Risk' of a Corbyn government, eh? I'm backing Bojo all the way! Roll over, rover, let Jezza take over :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:26 - Jun 26 with 3158 viewsCoastalblue

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:20 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

I genuinely don't think he's looking that far ahead, I think he wants to be PM and will do whatever he thinks it will take to achieve that.

After that he'll worry about it, after all life always go the way you want it to doesn't it, bluff and bluster enough and you get what you want.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:30 - Jun 26 with 3131 viewsGeoffSentence

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:01 - Jun 26 by StokieBlue

SB

Bojo would win. There is no way the grey haired old fuddy duddies of the conservative party membership would have any truck with Rory Stewart and his fancy dan ideas.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the heir to Disraeli and Churchill on 11:32 - Jun 26 with 3114 viewschicoazul

That's Etonians for you. Rory Stewart and Cameron were the same.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024