Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” 16:36 - Aug 18 with 7284 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uk-to-end-freedom-of-movement-for-eu-citiz

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 4237 viewsJ2BLUE

Possibly the stupidest government in UK history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 4233 viewsitfcjoe

She's a nasty piece of work

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 16:43 - Aug 18 with 4221 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 16:41 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

Possibly the stupidest government in UK history.

Or the latest one to live off soundbites that can never be enforced.

It is difficult to be sure how much they mean and how much is said to appeal to the right of their party.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Priti Patel on 18:06 - Aug 18 with 4098 viewsBlueBadger

She's a weird one. Based on interviews and her past record she's clearly genuinely quite thick but I genuinely don't get how the daughter of refugees can be so hostile to immigrants, regardless of why they've fetched up here.

Perhaps she feels she's got to overcompensate in order to appeal to her core vote?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 18:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:14 - Aug 18 with 4078 viewsfactual_blue

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 16:43 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or the latest one to live off soundbites that can never be enforced.

It is difficult to be sure how much they mean and how much is said to appeal to the right of their party.

Either way, the tories are nasty, stupid and harking back days when Britain Wasn't As Great As They'd Like To Pretend.

The history department at Eton seems to be in a woeful state, based on the grasp of our past that boris and cardinal mogg have.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 3985 viewsmeekreech

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:14 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Either way, the tories are nasty, stupid and harking back days when Britain Wasn't As Great As They'd Like To Pretend.

The history department at Eton seems to be in a woeful state, based on the grasp of our past that boris and cardinal mogg have.

With regards the views expressed on political parties here it surprises me that itfc are allowed to wear blue shirts .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:55 - Aug 18 with 3968 viewsGeoffSentence

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:47 - Aug 18 by meekreech

With regards the views expressed on political parties here it surprises me that itfc are allowed to wear blue shirts .

If you have been following TWTD closely you should be aware that there is a broad spectrum of political support on here. One of the things that makes it such a stimulating site.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:58 - Aug 18 with 3953 viewsSpruceMoose

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:47 - Aug 18 by meekreech

Top blubbing lad, top blubbing.

You're completely wrong though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Priti Patel on 19:23 - Aug 18 with 3901 viewsfactual_blue

Priti Patel on 18:06 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

She's a weird one. Based on interviews and her past record she's clearly genuinely quite thick but I genuinely don't get how the daughter of refugees can be so hostile to immigrants, regardless of why they've fetched up here.

Perhaps she feels she's got to overcompensate in order to appeal to her core vote?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 18:07]

Historically immigrants have always been those who show the greatest antipathy towards the next wave of immigrants.

She also needs to read a bit about the Spitalfields Acts, providing relief to refugees fleeing religious persecution in the late 17th century.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 19:26 - Aug 18 with 3891 viewsfactual_blue

I forgot to mention that the tories were first called the stupid people's party in the mid-nineteenth century.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 3878 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I wonder how long it will be before she starts raising the question of whether we should reintroduce the death penalty.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 19:43 - Aug 18 with 3822 viewsSonOfSpock

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 18:14 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Not that this is a sweeping generalisation of course.
Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 3753 viewsfactual_blue

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 19:43 - Aug 18 by SonOfSpock

Those who think it is prove my point.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 21:19 - Aug 18 with 3659 viewsSonOfSpock

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 20:22 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Those who think it is prove my point.

Proves nothing apart from your sanctimony.
Priti Patel on 21:28 - Aug 18 with 3636 viewsBlueBadger

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 19:43 - Aug 18 by SonOfSpock

There are of course, decent Tories, but they are, in the words on Iain Banks, like sweetcorn in turds. Techincally speaking, they've kept their integrity but they're deeply embedded in sh1t.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 21:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 23:25 - Aug 18 with 3488 viewsfactual_blue

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 21:19 - Aug 18 by SonOfSpock

Proves nothing apart from your sanctimony.

I don't act as if I am morally superior.

I actually am.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 09:43 - Aug 19 with 3259 viewscaught-in-limbo

If there was ever a clue that Westminster is a giant children's theatre production designed to make us look the other way, this* is probably it.

*I haven't read beyond** the title of the news article linked.
** I understand that sometimes the title of a news article has little or nothing to do with the rest of the content.

BTW, I'd love to know what %age of people here think Brexit (and I gather it can now only be a no-deal) will actually happen. Time for a poll maybe?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:16 - Aug 19 with 3170 viewsBlueBadger

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 09:43 - Aug 19 by caught-in-limbo

If there was ever a clue that Westminster is a giant children's theatre production designed to make us look the other way, this* is probably it.

** I understand that sometimes the title of a news article has little or nothing to do with the rest of the content.

BTW, I'd love to know what %age of people here think Brexit (and I gather it can now only be a no-deal) will actually happen. Time for a poll maybe?

If there's one thing we can learn from this whole farce it's that the Illuminati aren't really half as good at their jobs as some people think they are. If they were REALLY good they'd have engineered a decisive '60/40 'remain' vote.

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:18 - Aug 19 with 3167 viewscaught-in-limbo

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:16 - Aug 19 by BlueBadger

If there's one thing we can learn from this whole farce it's that the Illuminati aren't really half as good at their jobs as some people think they are. If they were REALLY good they'd have engineered a decisive '60/40 'remain' vote.

a) But then the status quo would have been maintained, therefore no distraction.
b) Who are these illuminati you speak of?

#toxic

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 3165 viewschicoazul

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 09:43 - Aug 19 by caught-in-limbo

If Brexit does happen be it no deal or whatever else, what's your schtick going to be then? Or will you stick with the "this is all a distraction and a sideshow and nothing has actually changed" line?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:53 - Aug 19 with 3116 viewscaught-in-limbo

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:19 - Aug 19 by chicoazul

If Brexit does happen be it no deal or whatever else, what's your schtick going to be then? Or will you stick with the "this is all a distraction and a sideshow and nothing has actually changed" line?

I answered that question on 7th August. Here are the highlights:

Brexit - if it happens - will be nominal, meaningless and a temporary stepping stone to a federalised Europe.

Whatever happens the City will remain the financial capital of Europe.

Our pitiful military will remain joined at the hip with France and other European nations on multiple "bilateral" bases, and militarily, we'll stay "in Europe" irrespective of what happens to NATO in the next few years.

Britain won't become an economic wasteland, but we'll continue to see a polarisation of wealth with the country's middle class still shrinking. We'll have the same media domination of mass opinion and the same existential threats (real or imagined).

#toxic

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 12:04 - Aug 19 with 3105 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The UK badly needs a proper Conservative government, one on the right. Patel ticks the boxes for me, someone who is going to support the police and get tough on the criminals.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 3088 viewsBlueBadger

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:18 - Aug 19 by caught-in-limbo

a) But then the status quo would have been maintained, therefore no distraction.
b) Who are these illuminati you speak of?

No distraction from what?

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 12:11 - Aug 19 with 3087 viewscaught-in-limbo

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 12:10 - Aug 19 by BlueBadger

No distraction from what?

Who are these illuminati you speak of?

#toxic

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 12:46 - Aug 19 with 3040 viewsHerbivore

Priti Patel "brutal” and “completely detached from reality” on 11:53 - Aug 19 by caught-in-limbo

I answered that question on 7th August. Here are the highlights:

Brexit - if it happens - will be nominal, meaningless and a temporary stepping stone to a federalised Europe.

Whatever happens the City will remain the financial capital of Europe.

Our pitiful military will remain joined at the hip with France and other European nations on multiple "bilateral" bases, and militarily, we'll stay "in Europe" irrespective of what happens to NATO in the next few years.

Britain won't become an economic wasteland, but we'll continue to see a polarisation of wealth with the country's middle class still shrinking. We'll have the same media domination of mass opinion and the same existential threats (real or imagined).

So if Brexit happens your tactic will be to deny that it's really happened. Good stuff, that way you can still claim to be right even when you're wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024