Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About to buy Bolton tickets... 10:31 - Aug 21 with 2162 viewsunstableblue

What’s latest thoughts on it going ahead??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:33 - Aug 21 with 2154 viewsPhilTWTD

I asked the press office last night and they'd heard no hint of it being in any danger.
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:36 - Aug 21 with 2123 viewsGeoffSentence

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:33 - Aug 21 by PhilTWTD

I asked the press office last night and they'd heard no hint of it being in any danger.

But neither did Donny.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:37 - Aug 21 with 2115 viewsclive_baker

As sad as the situation is at Bolton, the leniency allowed to them to pull games at the 11th hour isn’t right. They’ve now had more rest than us and on top of that we’ve got a long journey to contend with. It’s not creating a level playing field.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2087 viewsHipsterectomy

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:37 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

As sad as the situation is at Bolton, the leniency allowed to them to pull games at the 11th hour isn’t right. They’ve now had more rest than us and on top of that we’ve got a long journey to contend with. It’s not creating a level playing field.

Isn’t the issue that Bolton didn’t get permission from neither the EFL nor Doncaster?

They may be given another points deduction for gross misconduct

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 2080 viewsTractorCam

I mean we're superior to their under 18s, there is no excuse.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:55 - Aug 21 with 2009 viewspointofblue

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:40 - Aug 21 by TractorCam

It’s not their under 18s though - against Tranmere five players were 20+.

I think there might be some fallout if they now beat us on Saturday after the issues of yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:56 - Aug 21 with 1993 viewsitfcjoe

Also the AFC Wimbledon side that played last night had a lower average age than the Bolton side that played at the weekend!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 1987 viewsGooders7592

I assume they'll make more revenue from a Saturday game than a Tuesday night as well?
Login to get fewer ads

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 1993 viewsitfcjoe

What's the point? They'll surely be available on the gate anyway so just do that if you are going

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:58 - Aug 21 with 1976 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Phil. Will go ahead and purchase.

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 1951 viewspointofblue

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:58 - Aug 21 by unstableblue

Thanks Phil. Will go ahead and purchase.

As someone said above, Doncaster didn’t receive any hint either. As the EFL haven’t stepped in I guess they’re happy to see it go ahead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:01 - Aug 21 with 1932 viewsclive_baker

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:40 - Aug 21 by TractorCam

U18’s is misleading. The only home game Bolton have played this season they drew 0-0 with Coventry who themselves are unbeaten and above us. Thinking it’ll be a cake walk is a dangerous game, and it’s a real p1ss take that they can call matches off like that. I hope they’re punished for it and it doesn’t compromise our position on Saturday. They’ve got some good players.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:05 - Aug 21 with 1912 viewsGirthyguy

Don't know if it's been mentioned but let's say a month or 2 down the line they get kicked out of the league. We would lose any points we would get from playing them and it would all seem rather pointless. How likely is that to happen?
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:06 - Aug 21 with 1901 viewsGooders7592

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:01 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

U18’s is misleading. The only home game Bolton have played this season they drew 0-0 with Coventry who themselves are unbeaten and above us. Thinking it’ll be a cake walk is a dangerous game, and it’s a real p1ss take that they can call matches off like that. I hope they’re punished for it and it doesn’t compromise our position on Saturday. They’ve got some good players.

It certainly won't be easy due to them having no pressure on them either
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:09 - Aug 21 with 1883 viewsPhilTWTD

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:57 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

What's the point? They'll surely be available on the gate anyway so just do that if you are going

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:10 - Aug 21 with 1863 viewsPhilTWTD

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:05 - Aug 21 by Girthyguy

Don't know if it's been mentioned but let's say a month or 2 down the line they get kicked out of the league. We would lose any points we would get from playing them and it would all seem rather pointless. How likely is that to happen?

Their results would be expunged. But I think things are gradually getting there with their takeover. Fingers crossed that they are for their fans anyway.
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:11 - Aug 21 with 1853 viewsTraktahBoi

On TalkSport last night, they were saying that there is an EFL rule which prevents players of a certain age playing X amount of games within a number of days. As majority of their "first team" squad are under 18's, they used this to get out of the match. I can't remember the exact rule, but if thats true, it's probable the game will go ahead.
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:16 - Aug 21 with 1806 viewsBlueySwede

I find this quote from Bassini a bit funny. He is "worried", if I were him I would be CERTAIN of relegation (if the club doesn´t goes bust, that is)
https://minfil.com/4ba47d3en7/bassini_JPG
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:17 - Aug 21 with 1793 viewsPhilTWTD

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:57 - Aug 21 by Gooders7592

I assume they'll make more revenue from a Saturday game than a Tuesday night as well?

Don't think revenue/finance came into the decision to call the Doncaster game off, was about the frequency of games and their young squad. Would be somewhat taking the proverbial to call another one off with a seven-day rest since their last fixture.
About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 1719 viewsPinewoodblue

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:39 - Aug 21 by Hipsterectomy

Isn’t the issue that Bolton didn’t get permission from neither the EFL nor Doncaster?

They may be given another points deduction for gross misconduct

They still haven't been punished for the fixture they didn't complete last season.

If they do get kicked out of the league the result Saturday will not matter if however they mànage to compete the season the hat full of goals Norwood and Jackson score on Saturday will significantly improve our goal difference.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:41 - Aug 21 with 1665 viewsunstableblue

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:57 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

That would be my preferred approach. But no sales on the day I'm afraid.

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:44 - Aug 21 with 1647 viewsITFC_Forever

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 10:55 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

It’s not their under 18s though - against Tranmere five players were 20+.

I think there might be some fallout if they now beat us on Saturday after the issues of yesterday.

And I can't imagine Lincoln are too pleased that Donny will have had a 7 day break before they play each other game on Saturday.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:52 - Aug 21 with 1596 viewsuefacup81

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:41 - Aug 21 by unstableblue

That would be my preferred approach. But no sales on the day I'm afraid.

If I'm honest, I felt this seemed a bit sus when Bolton announced it at the time. It's hardly going to be a sell-out in the away end, so why not sell tickets on the day?

I'm inclined to think they want to get as much money in the coffers as possible, without having to worry about people deciding on the day that they're not going to bother.

Likewise, if the game does get called off then those with tickets have to faff about trying to get refunds, whilst the money sits in their account and earns interest.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 1582 viewsTractorCam

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:01 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

I agree, i'd have thought they give Doncaster the win for that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:56 - Aug 21 with 1568 viewsNthsuffolkblue

About to buy Bolton tickets... on 11:44 - Aug 21 by ITFC_Forever

And I can't imagine Lincoln are too pleased that Donny will have had a 7 day break before they play each other game on Saturday.

That is probably a bigger issue.

I was unaware of the rule mentioned further up about young players and number of games. It seems odd Bolton didn't point that out to the EFL and insist they accepted the postponement this time. I think they expected the same response from the EFL as before. Do they have other under-18s who could have played instead?

However, there are times in the season where games get postponed and some teams benefit and others lose out. We could soon have it with the international weekend. The postponed fixture then creates more congestion for us at a later date.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024