Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? 11:49 - Aug 29 with 21060 viewswkj

Prompted by the mention of Leon Best on another post, I realise there have been far worse. Reo-Coker springs to mind, but I think Samassi Abou stands out as I remember town players deliberately avoiding passing to him on his last game for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:25 - Aug 29 with 2347 viewsSE1blue

George O’Callaghan.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:26 - Aug 29 with 2344 viewsallezlesbleus

I would always say Harbey......but, after reading through all these posts and thinking again, Tony Dinning should probably get the honour.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:30 - Aug 29 with 2329 viewsChurchman

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:19 - Aug 29 by agentp

C'mon that's not fair. Any player that scores more goals; I accept that's not many, with his Arse, knee and shin than he does with his foot should command far more respect. Pretty sure his entire goal tally here was scored without actually using a foot!

He scored once in 20 appearances, according to Wiki so you are probably right! - I suspect no feet were involved😂
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:35 - Aug 29 with 2322 viewsjoe9087

Andy Drury?

Don’t think he’s been mentioned yet.
Wouldn’t get in most Sunday league starting line ups. He’d be on the bench with Ellington just making up the numbers.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:40 - Aug 29 with 2309 viewsagentp

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:30 - Aug 29 by Churchman

He scored once in 20 appearances, according to Wiki so you are probably right! - I suspect no feet were involved😂

I think - feel free to correct me, the ball was kicked into him and it bounced off.... sorry he skillfully guided it in with his knee. Pretty sure he scored with his arse for Rotherham.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:47 - Aug 29 with 2299 viewsChurchman

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:40 - Aug 29 by agentp

I think - feel free to correct me, the ball was kicked into him and it bounced off.... sorry he skillfully guided it in with his knee. Pretty sure he scored with his arse for Rotherham.

I’ve been trying to remember it through the tears of laughter, but I’m pretty sure you are right in that no feet were involved. I used to wonder if he had triangular boots, or had put them on the wrong feet
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:54 - Aug 29 with 2282 viewsFootballpete

I play 7 a side on a Thursday in a town shirt and I’m pretty crap.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:59 - Aug 29 with 2269 viewsWeWereZombies

Earl Jean

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 23:04 - Aug 29 with 2250 viewsStNeotsBlue

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:47 - Aug 29 by Churchman

I’ve been trying to remember it through the tears of laughter, but I’m pretty sure you are right in that no feet were involved. I used to wonder if he had triangular boots, or had put them on the wrong feet

From memory, HarryfromBath did a piece from Derby fans about their views of him. One of them described him as wearing ball repellent shinpads which I thought was a fantastic summary.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 23:21 - Aug 29 with 2218 viewsitfcjoe

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 21:53 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

Again, a joke surely?!!

Jewell publicly apologised for taking him off afterwards.

He was unplayable against Arsenal and formed a very good midfield with (loan) Bullard.

Not a world beater by any means, but for £50,000 I’d say we more than got our money’s worth!

'Unplayable'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 02:29 - Aug 30 with 2150 viewsACP84

Lee Red Card Bracey
Stephen Bobby Howe
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 03:41 - Aug 30 with 2130 viewsOwainG1992

For hype Paul Taylor for me.
I feel bad on Toure because I think that same birmingham match he hit a lovely cross running full pelt and I thought hes gonna be a player.
Ellington and parkin up there too.
From last season as we were shocking let's say....Spence.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 05:26 - Aug 30 with 2114 viewsBlueBoots

Has this thread got to 5 pages without this name on the list?

Cameron Stewart!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 06:25 - Aug 30 with 2096 viewsSwailsey

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 23:21 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

'Unplayable'

?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 07:09 - Aug 30 with 2063 viewsChurchman

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:35 - Aug 29 by joe9087

Andy Drury?

Don’t think he’s been mentioned yet.
Wouldn’t get in most Sunday league starting line ups. He’d be on the bench with Ellington just making up the numbers.

When Ellington turned up, I thought ‘hello, he could be a good punt’ as I’d remembered how good he’d been years before for Wigan. It didn’t take long for me to wonder if we’d signed his dad. There he was wandering about the pitch aimlessly, presumably wondering if he could last out to his next dinner. He clearly hadn’t missed many.

In 17 appearances in not far short of 2 years not only did he not score a goal, I’m not sure if he managed to amble close enough to even see it. Paul Jewell gave him a 2 year contract for pity sake! Cheers Paul!

If ever there was a definition of stealing a living it was ‘the duke’
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 7:30]
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 11:00 - Aug 30 with 1984 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:31 - Aug 29 by Superblue95

You’d do well to remember that considering that game was over a year before Mohsni signed

My bad! I remember watching a game on Sky where he came on as a substitute and was watching it in the same social club I watched the Peterborough game in, that's where the confusion has come in.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 1967 viewsBlueSpark

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 22:24 - Aug 29 by Clapham_Junction

On that basis, I'd go for Amir Karic. £700k for zero league appearances.

Also, he must have been in our top 10 most expensive signings at the point we bought him.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 22:28]

Just looked this one up and he's still playing!
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 11:23 - Aug 30 with 1961 viewsIpswichKnight

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:53 - Aug 29 by nsblu1

He played in the pre season game against fc dordrecht in Holland that I went to, looked well out of place. Was a PE teacher before we plucked him wasnt he?

Allegedly Spurs were after him, say him come on as a sub at 1/2 time at a friendly in Grays, 15 mins later he was subbed off and never seen again! Wan't he some kind of cross country skier in Norway.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 11:51 - Aug 30 with 1947 viewsGeoffSentence

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:43 - Aug 29 by jas0999

Tough one. Adam Proudlock was very poor, yet Adrian Paz was a complete waste of money and over hyped.

Yeah but Paz came with a buy one get one half price offer, and the other half of that offer was amazing. So Paz can be forgiven.

No Paz, No Taricco.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 1908 viewsTractorCam

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 07:09 - Aug 30 by Churchman

When Ellington turned up, I thought ‘hello, he could be a good punt’ as I’d remembered how good he’d been years before for Wigan. It didn’t take long for me to wonder if we’d signed his dad. There he was wandering about the pitch aimlessly, presumably wondering if he could last out to his next dinner. He clearly hadn’t missed many.

In 17 appearances in not far short of 2 years not only did he not score a goal, I’m not sure if he managed to amble close enough to even see it. Paul Jewell gave him a 2 year contract for pity sake! Cheers Paul!

If ever there was a definition of stealing a living it was ‘the duke’
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 7:30]

Wrong!

In one of Jewell's penultimate games we lost 2-1 at home to Charlton. Ellington came off the bench and right at the death infront of the Sir Alf stand a ball dropped to him and he nicely dribbled past 2 players to get himself into a good position..... before blazing it miles over the bar

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:13 - Aug 30 with 1876 viewsRadlett_blue

I've just suddenly remembered David Kerslake!
I'm surprised he played as many as 7 games for us as his performance in the 3-0 defeat at Charlton was unbelievably awful. I don't think he started another game for Town. He'd been at some decent clubs & Spurs had paid £450,000 for him a few years earlier.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:14 - Aug 30 with 1873 viewsthatdamgood89

I've yet to see George Santos and Drissa Diallo make this list...WHY not lol

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 20:05 - Aug 30 with 1802 viewsChurchman

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:04 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Wrong!

In one of Jewell's penultimate games we lost 2-1 at home to Charlton. Ellington came off the bench and right at the death infront of the Sir Alf stand a ball dropped to him and he nicely dribbled past 2 players to get himself into a good position..... before blazing it miles over the bar

I stand corrected! I was actually at the game, but clearly missed his finest moment!
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 17:12 - Aug 31 with 1677 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 11:13 - Aug 30 by BlueSpark

Just looked this one up and he's still playing!

I saw Amir Karic play, it was either a reserves game or a pre-season friendly but it was under the lights at Portman Road. Had to keep checking whereabouts he had got to he was so anonymous.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 17:52 - Aug 31 with 1643 viewsgazzer1999

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:52 - Aug 29 by MVBlue

No it is Leon Best. He was dreadful vs Lincoln City when a non league team schooled us. Poor attitude, poor touch, poor effort, poor skill, poor fitness.

Thats exactly how I see it. Leon Best will take some beating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024