Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? 11:49 - Aug 29 with 21061 viewswkj

Prompted by the mention of Leon Best on another post, I realise there have been far worse. Reo-Coker springs to mind, but I think Samassi Abou stands out as I remember town players deliberately avoiding passing to him on his last game for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:53 - Aug 29 with 3487 viewsnsblu1

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:09 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

Vernon Brekke-Skaard was probably had the least ability of the modern era, no idea why Royle thought he could play at this level.

Abou scored against Sheffield United in the 90s so doesn't belong on this list for that alone. He was a long way down the list of bad loanees Burley bought in.

He played in the pre season game against fc dordrecht in Holland that I went to, looked well out of place. Was a PE teacher before we plucked him wasnt he?
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 3489 viewsTractorCam

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:42 - Aug 29 by oncebluealwaysblue

Guirane N'Daw.

Absolutely abysmal player.

Awful shout that.

There was a worse central midfielder in that same team let alone worst player ever...
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 12:57]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 3485 viewsthatdamgood89

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:53 - Aug 29 by nsblu1

He played in the pre season game against fc dordrecht in Holland that I went to, looked well out of place. Was a PE teacher before we plucked him wasnt he?

wasn't that Ian Miller a center half.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 12:56]

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 3480 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:23 - Aug 29 by woodbridge_blue

Larsen Toure has to be a strong candidate, but must escape some degree of scorn on the grounds of his comedy corner kick routine.

Leave Laursen alone! He once liked one of my tweets.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 3467 viewsGerkensBeard

Janoi Donacien. In our worst league position in the football pyramid in the modern era it has to be him. He wouldn’t of got anywhere near the sides we’ve had before Hurst took over. Has to be him. Sorry not sorry
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:02 - Aug 29 with 3450 viewsTractorCam

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:59 - Aug 29 by GerkensBeard

Janoi Donacien. In our worst league position in the football pyramid in the modern era it has to be him. He wouldn’t of got anywhere near the sides we’ve had before Hurst took over. Has to be him. Sorry not sorry

Jordan Spence played there, Donacien was out on loan to Accrington after only starting the first 4/5 games at the beginning of the season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:02 - Aug 29 with 3453 viewsSouperJim

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:51 - Aug 29 by thatdamgood89

Sorry what? N'Daw was a good strong midfield enforcer the type every championship team needs. I wish we could have kept him.
I'll never forget Wolves away when in Karl Henry's own backyard, now not forgetting Henry was also a player who liked to mix it and stamp his authority onto a game N'Daw had him up in the air within the first 30 seconds letting Henry know this was N'Daw's playground for the next 90. Henry then proceeded to hide, Wolves lost their bite and we won 2-0

He also played an absolutely exquisite sidefoot half-volley ball over the top for someone in some game or other we scored the winner from iirc

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:07 - Aug 29 with 3435 viewsMeenoITFC

Ebanks Blake has to be up there. 0 goals in 9 games for us. useless

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Login to get fewer ads

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 3425 viewsLummylum

I remember Zeki Fryers was pretty shocking in the home game against Bournemouth when Mings was out for some reason, played in the next game against Huddersfield, then as soon as Mings was back he more or less disappeared.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 3424 viewsSimonds92

In terms of who was consistently terrible and still played Douglas has got to be up there. In terms of only playing a few games Zeki Fryers was dreadful. I would imagine the least successful would have been one of our youth players although none stand out as having an overly terrible performance.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:12 - Aug 29 with 3423 viewsGerkensBeard

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:02 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

Jordan Spence played there, Donacien was out on loan to Accrington after only starting the first 4/5 games at the beginning of the season.

Exactly because he was nowhere near good enough. If Spence is regarded by some as our worst ever player then the man who couldn’t get in the side ahead of him takes the biscuit
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:12 - Aug 29 with 3418 viewsSwailsey

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:42 - Aug 29 by oncebluealwaysblue

Guirane N'Daw.

Wtf? Wasn’t even the worst in that team!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 3393 viewsScuzzer

The name Graham Harbey is forever etched into my memory.

Established 1968

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:24 - Aug 29 with 3385 viewsvilanovablue

Lee Chapman he was dire by the time he reached us... Saw him against Huddersfield away and urghhh.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:26 - Aug 29 with 3379 viewsITFCMonk

Giles Coke?
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:27 - Aug 29 with 3380 viewsjudespiveyg

Kieffer Moore
6'7 man who was no good in the air, one of my only memories of his time at Ipswich was him missing a header from 3 yards out away at Forest when he lost 3-0.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:33 - Aug 29 with 3370 viewsbluelagos

Michael Clegg. Arguably cost us promotion which considering he only played 3 games, was some achievement.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:33 - Aug 29 with 3371 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:35 - Aug 29 with 3363 viewschicoazul

Karbasiyoon (sp). Weak slow bad touch and couldnt tackle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:36 - Aug 29 with 3362 viewsMatt_Netherlands

A recent one, but Simon Dawkins (Dorks) has to be up there? Rumour has it he's still trying to chase down his first touch from WBA away....

Going back a few years into the 'banter era' then Nathan Ellington (The Duke) was abysmal!
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:37 - Aug 29 with 3365 viewsitfcjoe

Guirane N'Daw.

Friend of a friend told me Keiron Dyer was training with us at the time and said he was technically the worst professional player he'd ever seen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 3350 viewschicoazul

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:36 - Aug 29 by Matt_Netherlands

A recent one, but Simon Dawkins (Dorks) has to be up there? Rumour has it he's still trying to chase down his first touch from WBA away....

Going back a few years into the 'banter era' then Nathan Ellington (The Duke) was abysmal!

My God I forgot about Ellington, a player who couldnt even run properly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:45 - Aug 29 with 3326 viewsSteve_M

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:52 - Aug 29 by MVBlue

No it is Leon Best. He was dreadful vs Lincoln City when a non league team schooled us. Poor attitude, poor touch, poor effort, poor skill, poor fitness.

That wasn't ability though, that was all attitude. Best was very good for Rotherham in that dire match they won 1-0 the season before.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 3309 viewsBlueBadger

In terms of money spent vs return on that investment, a toss-up between Paul Taylor, Tamas Priskin and Lee Martin.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 15:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 3293 viewsTractorWood

Zeki Fryers - Huddersfield away.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 13:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024