Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? 11:49 - Aug 29 with 21049 viewswkj

Prompted by the mention of Leon Best on another post, I realise there have been far worse. Reo-Coker springs to mind, but I think Samassi Abou stands out as I remember town players deliberately avoiding passing to him on his last game for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 4762 viewsVaughan8

Nathan Ellington?
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:07 - Aug 29 with 4763 viewsTractorCam

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:51 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

In terms of money spent vs return on that investment, a toss-up between Paul Taylor, Tamas Priskin and Lee Martin.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 15:18]

Priskin gets a pass because of THAT goal, the other 2 can have a battle to the death.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:08 - Aug 29 with 4753 viewsTractorCam

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:07 - Aug 29 by MeenoITFC

Ebanks Blake has to be up there. 0 goals in 9 games for us. useless

Harsh, he was never at full fitness when here.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:10 - Aug 29 with 4752 viewswoodbridge_blue

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:51 - Aug 29 by thatdamgood89

Sorry what? N'Daw was a good strong midfield enforcer the type every championship team needs. I wish we could have kept him.
I'll never forget Wolves away when in Karl Henry's own backyard, now not forgetting Henry was also a player who liked to mix it and stamp his authority onto a game N'Daw had him up in the air within the first 30 seconds letting Henry know this was N'Daw's playground for the next 90. Henry then proceeded to hide, Wolves lost their bite and we won 2-0

Spot on. That away game at Wolves was one of the highlights of McCarthy's first season, and N'Daw totally bossed the midfield that day.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:11 - Aug 29 with 4748 viewslongtimefan

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:08 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

Harsh, he was never at full fitness when here.

At the time he was playing bit parts for us, lots of people were suggesting Keiffer Moore fitted this description. I wonder if they've changed their minds now
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:12 - Aug 29 with 4745 viewsGeoffSentence

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:20 - Aug 29 by Scuzzer

The name Graham Harbey is forever etched into my memory.

Mine too.

But I look at him much less harshly now, we have had some fwcking shlt play for us since those days.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:13 - Aug 29 with 4743 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ed Sheeran

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:14 - Aug 29 with 4736 viewsDyland

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:13 - Aug 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Ed Sheeran

Megaphone Man.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 4734 viewsElephantintheRoom

Has to be George Burley by a country mile, surely? The Marco Holsters, Graham Harbeys, Steve Stacey's of this world were just terrible players in the wrong place at the wrong time. Burley as far as I can remember is the only player who was so bad he destroyed the club

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Yeh, er... that one doesn't really work (n/t) on 14:18 - Aug 29 with 4729 viewsDyland

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:16 - Aug 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Has to be George Burley by a country mile, surely? The Marco Holsters, Graham Harbeys, Steve Stacey's of this world were just terrible players in the wrong place at the wrong time. Burley as far as I can remember is the only player who was so bad he destroyed the club

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 4726 viewsiamipswich

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 13:11 - Aug 29 by Lummylum

I remember Zeki Fryers was pretty shocking in the home game against Bournemouth when Mings was out for some reason, played in the next game against Huddersfield, then as soon as Mings was back he more or less disappeared.

This is the one for me.

Huddersfield away was probably the worst performance I have seen from a Town player ever. Absolutely abysmal.

Poll: Who will return first?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:34 - Aug 29 with 4704 viewsGooders7592

Sam Parkin whenever he played at Portman Road. Not bad away from home though.

Adam Proudlock & Dean McDonald always gave me hope still.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:34 - Aug 29 with 4702 viewsLesta_Tractor

Tony Dinning?

A rubbish Jon Douglas...
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 14:38]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 14:43 - Aug 29 with 4683 viewsGarv

Stern John is the one that always springs to mind.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:00 - Aug 29 with 4661 viewsActionMan

Amazed nobody from last seasons squad is being mentioned given that they achieved our lowest finish in over 50 years?
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:36 - Aug 29 with 4618 viewsHipsterectomy

This thread reminded me of that Big Ron Manager (old Peterborough documentary).

Shefki Kuqi's brother comes on as a sub for his debut for them, is subbed off after about 20 minutes due to being atrocious and then never plays for them again.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:38 - Aug 29 with 4614 viewsNW10_Tractor

Pim Balkestein.

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:38 - Aug 29 with 4610 viewsFtnfwest

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:55 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

Leave Laursen alone! He once liked one of my tweets.

i'll see your Toure and raise you a Bart!
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:45 - Aug 29 with 4597 viewsHipsterectomy

Not the worst but Bilel Mohsni was a weird one - 18 goals in 62 games for Southend. Could play as a centreback, winger or striker. Refused to turn up for training with them and was constantly getting sent off. He had a trial at West Ham and scored a goal and own goal. Had a trial at Celtic before joining Rangers where he was sent off for punching a player, punching and kicking another player and headbutting another.

Apparently he played 5 times for Town and I remember none of it

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:20 - Aug 29 with 4562 viewsChurchman

Lee Chapman. My grandad would have contributed more than him and he’d been dead 20 years before the Chapmeister turned up. Woeful, but hey, he topped up his pension.

Second place: Jonathan Douglas. Laughed at by opposition fans (Newcastle in particular), but it used to enrage me that a has-been like him, whose prime was 10 years before in the 3rd Division, was stealing a living and he was still being bigged up by MM as a ‘proper bloke’. He was proper useless.

3rd place: Graham Harbey. Staggeringly inept. It was like somebody in the crowd had won a prize to play with the team.

Honourable mention: Glenn Pennyfather. He played with a built up boot because one leg was shorter than the other. I thought he ought to have played in callipers. He couldn’t have been any worse.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:24 - Aug 29 with 4556 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:00 - Aug 29 by ActionMan

Amazed nobody from last seasons squad is being mentioned given that they achieved our lowest finish in over 50 years?

Janoi Donacien was mentioned.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:25 - Aug 29 with 4553 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 15:45 - Aug 29 by Hipsterectomy

Not the worst but Bilel Mohsni was a weird one - 18 goals in 62 games for Southend. Could play as a centreback, winger or striker. Refused to turn up for training with them and was constantly getting sent off. He had a trial at West Ham and scored a goal and own goal. Had a trial at Celtic before joining Rangers where he was sent off for punching a player, punching and kicking another player and headbutting another.

Apparently he played 5 times for Town and I remember none of it

I remember he came on in the 7-1 defeat at Peterborough but don't remember anything else.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:26 - Aug 29 with 4552 viewsLesta_Tractor

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:20 - Aug 29 by Churchman

Lee Chapman. My grandad would have contributed more than him and he’d been dead 20 years before the Chapmeister turned up. Woeful, but hey, he topped up his pension.

Second place: Jonathan Douglas. Laughed at by opposition fans (Newcastle in particular), but it used to enrage me that a has-been like him, whose prime was 10 years before in the 3rd Division, was stealing a living and he was still being bigged up by MM as a ‘proper bloke’. He was proper useless.

3rd place: Graham Harbey. Staggeringly inept. It was like somebody in the crowd had won a prize to play with the team.

Honourable mention: Glenn Pennyfather. He played with a built up boot because one leg was shorter than the other. I thought he ought to have played in callipers. He couldn’t have been any worse.

"It was like somebody in the crowd had won a prize to play with the team. "

Isn't that how Kayden Jackson's career started?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 4542 viewsSmithy

Chris O'Donnell wins this every time

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:31 - Aug 29 with 4536 viewsSuperblue95

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 16:25 - Aug 29 by No_Moore_Kieffer

I remember he came on in the 7-1 defeat at Peterborough but don't remember anything else.

You’d do well to remember that considering that game was over a year before Mohsni signed

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024