Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit 19:48 - Oct 1 with 4914 viewsPinewoodblue

Want court to send Brexit letter if Johnson fails to do so and asking court if they could then send him to jail. Hearing Friday.

Plenty of links available take your pick

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 20:53 - Oct 1 with 4154 viewswkj

Without even going into the brexit side of this, we do have an incident that has been deemed illegal but no reprocussions so far. Everyone on this planet has to be accountable no matter who they are or what their party lines are. I can say whole heartedly if I supported someone and they did something against the law in the name of the people, I would want them to be held to account all the same.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 20:58]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 21:28 - Oct 1 with 4105 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 21:33 - Oct 1 with 4085 viewsfactual_blue

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 20:53 - Oct 1 by wkj

Without even going into the brexit side of this, we do have an incident that has been deemed illegal but no reprocussions so far. Everyone on this planet has to be accountable no matter who they are or what their party lines are. I can say whole heartedly if I supported someone and they did something against the law in the name of the people, I would want them to be held to account all the same.

Any civil servants asked to break the law by boris can refuse to carry out such instructions. He could of course sack them, but the constructive dismissal case would be 'interesting'.

Or they could insist on a written statement that they were asked by the Cabinet to break the law. Can't see that happening.

boris would be all on his tod.

Apart from over-rated dominic.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 21:34 - Oct 1 with 4075 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So a UK court might force someone to obey the UK law?

Who would have thought such a heinous and undemocratic thing could ever take place.

Priti Patel today "The Conservatives are the party of law and order" said with no sense of irony.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 23:37 - Oct 1 with 4008 viewsbournemouthblue

Newsnight seem to believe tonight that Boris is offering an unacceptable deal to the EU suggesting this is our final offer and they are going for a take it or leave strategy presumably led by Cummings

No Deal Brexit looking like Boris' preferred option whether the law will allow him or not?

Let's see what tomorrow brings, it could be a spicy one
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 23:39]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 05:25 - Oct 2 with 3916 viewsBlueRaider

My understanding is that the prorogation was not illegal until the court ruled on it. It was something that had never been tested before, and so you can't be found guilty of breaking a law that wasn't formally there. If they did it again then I suspect it would be different.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 08:43 - Oct 2 with 3815 viewsflimflam

Nothing illegal has been committed,

Unlawful yes. A massive difference between the two.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 09:24 - Oct 2 with 3777 viewssparks

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 05:25 - Oct 2 by BlueRaider

My understanding is that the prorogation was not illegal until the court ruled on it. It was something that had never been tested before, and so you can't be found guilty of breaking a law that wasn't formally there. If they did it again then I suspect it would be different.

Disagree. It was always unlawful. The court ruling simply confirms it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 09:27 - Oct 2 with 3769 viewsm14_blue

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 08:43 - Oct 2 by flimflam

Nothing illegal has been committed,

Unlawful yes. A massive difference between the two.

What exactly is the massive difference?

Genuine question.
Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 09:37 - Oct 2 with 3761 viewsflimflam

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 09:27 - Oct 2 by m14_blue

What exactly is the massive difference?

Genuine question.

Cut and paste from the tinternet

Illegal means "against or not authorized by law." Unlawful means "contrary to, prohibited, or unauthorized by law...while necessarily not implying the element of criminality, it is broad enough to include it." (Black's Law Dictionary)
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 9:39]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 10:03 - Oct 2 with 3729 viewsPinewoodblue

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 09:24 - Oct 2 by sparks

Disagree. It was always unlawful. The court ruling simply confirms it.

Something is only unlawful after it is deemed to be so. It wasn't deemed unlawful by the English court a few days previous.

2023 year of destiny

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 10:06 - Oct 2 with 3722 viewsTractorWood

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 21:33 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

Any civil servants asked to break the law by boris can refuse to carry out such instructions. He could of course sack them, but the constructive dismissal case would be 'interesting'.

Or they could insist on a written statement that they were asked by the Cabinet to break the law. Can't see that happening.

boris would be all on his tod.

Apart from over-rated dominic.

That would be wrongful dismissal not constructive dismissal.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 10:23 - Oct 2 with 3706 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting that you do not term this as Brexit interfering with Scottish law...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:17 - Oct 2 with 3661 viewsPhilTWTD

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 10:03 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Something is only unlawful after it is deemed to be so. It wasn't deemed unlawful by the English court a few days previous.

Don't think that was the case, that court effectively said it wasn't its place to judge, passing the buck to the Supreme Court.
Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:28 - Oct 2 with 3636 viewstabletopjoe

I hope everybody will enjoy our new constitution run by unelected judges, instead of a parliamentary democracy that we used to cherish.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:41 - Oct 2 with 3611 viewssparks

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 10:03 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Dont agree. It was unlawful. The court simply makes the finding formally.

The key difference is generally the absence of criminality.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:41 - Oct 2 with 3606 viewsgiant_stow

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:28 - Oct 2 by tabletopjoe

I hope everybody will enjoy our new constitution run by unelected judges, instead of a parliamentary democracy that we used to cherish.

It only went to the judges because Boris tried to ignore parliament.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:43 - Oct 2 with 3602 viewssparks

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:28 - Oct 2 by tabletopjoe

The constitution has not changed.

Judges arent running anything.

This is trumpesque dishonest or ignorant propaganda.

"... instead of a parliamentary democracy that we used to cherish" on 11:46 - Oct 2 with 3595 viewsDyland

Oh the irony.

You're either a troll or an ignorant idiot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

"... instead of a parliamentary democracy that we used to cherish" on 11:51 - Oct 2 with 3583 viewsgiant_stow

"... instead of a parliamentary democracy that we used to cherish" on 11:46 - Oct 2 by Dyland

Oh the irony.

You're either a troll or an ignorant idiot.

FAO: tabletop - thats very spikey for Dyland, so take it to heart.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:00 - Oct 2 with 3563 viewstabletopjoe

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 11:43 - Oct 2 by sparks

The constitution has not changed.

Judges arent running anything.

This is trumpesque dishonest or ignorant propaganda.

You can expect a lot more of these cases in future. Now the constitution will allow the court of law to interfere in the process of parliamentary business.

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:16 - Oct 2 with 3538 viewsPinewoodblue

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:00 - Oct 2 by tabletopjoe

You can expect a lot more of these cases in future. Now the constitution will allow the court of law to interfere in the process of parliamentary business.

Only by those with the financial clout

2023 year of destiny

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:18 - Oct 2 with 3540 viewssparks

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:00 - Oct 2 by tabletopjoe

You are either ignorant or a dishonest troll.

Parluament could introduce legislation to say that proroguing is the exclusive preserve of the pm and is absolutely in his discretion irrespective of motive or decision making processes. The courts would then have no involvement. Parliament is sovereign. Courts apply and interpret the law without fear or favour.

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:33 - Oct 2 with 3507 viewsm14_blue

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:16 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Only by those with the financial clout

The recent action was crowdfunded.
Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 22:04 - Oct 7 with 3209 viewstabletopjoe

Scottish court being asked to interfere with Brexit on 12:18 - Oct 2 by sparks

You are either ignorant or a dishonest troll.

Parluament could introduce legislation to say that proroguing is the exclusive preserve of the pm and is absolutely in his discretion irrespective of motive or decision making processes. The courts would then have no involvement. Parliament is sovereign. Courts apply and interpret the law without fear or favour.

Parliament can introduce any legislation it likes. The Supreme Court has now established a precedent that it can interpret the business of parliament any way it likes. The only thing that will stop it is its abolishment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024