Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... 11:26 - Oct 24 with 6167 viewschicoazul

.....and a few others said, basically, Lambert has no tactics and is relying on simply having better players and we have no real formation or strategy, and we will get found out sooner or later, and loads of you shouted at them?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"which would seem ideally suited for Judge" on 12:09 - Oct 24 with 2245 viewsDyland

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:52 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

Lambert's ongoing tinkering is utterly bizarre which I am sure many people have mentioned. He created a 10 roles yesterday which would seem ideally suited for Judge and played a winger there who has only played once in the last 6 or so games. Sooner he reverts to a simpler system and gets Downes back in, who to be fair is a very big miss and pretty much our best MFer, the better.

Just need to stop you there Chickers. Have you watched us this season?

Playing Rowe in that role was a mistake though for sure. Not sure how Rowe is getting in the starting eleven tbh, but I guess it's this rotation policy and keeping the squad happy. Which has bitten us firmly in the bum.

Certainly last night was tactically pants.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:10 - Oct 24 with 2236 viewsKeaneish

Lambert's ongoing tinkering is utterly bizarre which I am sure many people have mentioned. He created a 10 roles yesterday which would seem ideally suited for Judge and played a winger there who has only played once in the last 6 or so games. Sooner he reverts to a simpler system and gets Downes back in, who to be fair is a very big miss and pretty much our best MFer, the better.

But Rowe played a lot there for Lincoln. He just wasn't the obvious choice for last night.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:23 - Oct 24 with 2209 viewsSuperblue95

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:44 - Oct 24 by MrTown

Lets all get on the happy clap bus and pretend we done great last night and the players really deserve a good old round of applause.

P*ss Off, we were f*cking awful against Rotherham at home in League 1. I think fans are fairly entitled to be a little grumpy instead of little cheerleaders.

Calm down you pillock.

We lost to a team who finished above us last season. We weren’t going to go through this season without having a sticky spell. Plenty of us have our doubts about Lambert, the tactics and some of our players but we don’t feel the need to make ourselves look a bellend on the internet when expressing them.

Show some balance, there are toddlers with more control over their emotions than you have.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

"which would seem ideally suited for Judge" on 12:25 - Oct 24 with 2209 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"which would seem ideally suited for Judge" on 12:09 - Oct 24 by Dyland

Just need to stop you there Chickers. Have you watched us this season?

Playing Rowe in that role was a mistake though for sure. Not sure how Rowe is getting in the starting eleven tbh, but I guess it's this rotation policy and keeping the squad happy. Which has bitten us firmly in the bum.

Certainly last night was tactically pants.

Winning keeps the squad happy.

People know where they stand if PL picks a consistent XI.

Players then know they have to play their way in if / when they get their chance.

Professional sportsmen should not expect to have a place in the first XI based on wages or reputation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:25 - Oct 24 with 2204 viewsPJH

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:23 - Oct 24 by Superblue95

Calm down you pillock.

We lost to a team who finished above us last season. We weren’t going to go through this season without having a sticky spell. Plenty of us have our doubts about Lambert, the tactics and some of our players but we don’t feel the need to make ourselves look a bellend on the internet when expressing them.

Show some balance, there are toddlers with more control over their emotions than you have.

You didn't upvote his post then?
aye (n/t) on 12:26 - Oct 24 with 2202 viewsDyland

"which would seem ideally suited for Judge" on 12:25 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Winning keeps the squad happy.

People know where they stand if PL picks a consistent XI.

Players then know they have to play their way in if / when they get their chance.

Professional sportsmen should not expect to have a place in the first XI based on wages or reputation.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:26 - Oct 24 with 2204 viewsBluefish

The idea of a free hit last season was to use it to have the systems ready. Oddly we tried damage limitation last season instead even after our fate was confirmed. If he couldn't see from the Sheffield United game alone that Jackson and Judge could never work then you had to wonder

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:27 - Oct 24 with 2194 viewsSuperblue95

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:25 - Oct 24 by PJH

You didn't upvote his post then?

I’d hope nobody would!

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:31 - Oct 24 with 2190 viewsSomethingBlue

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:40 - Oct 24 by JakeITFC

It’s just the general principle of people looking for us to fail that is annoying.

The ground was full of it last night, I don’t know whether it is just a Suffolk thing or what, but Ipswich fans just seem to take some sort of perverse pleasure from misery.

Yes, a fair few people seem very happy to be "right" (are they though, really? We are still top of the damn league if we don't lose a game in hand and while there are some clear issues it has still been a fine start) ahead of anything else. It's so odd.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:44 - Oct 24 with 2151 viewsMrTown

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:38 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

You're a long way from being proven to be right!!

There is a long way to go this season.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 12:44]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:47 - Oct 24 with 2145 viewsMrTown

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:56 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Youre only happy when your p1ssed off!

I'm happy when we're winning. I'm p*ssed off when we're loosing, I'm even worse when we are performing p*ss poor.

I like winning games of football, and that can paper over any cracks, and I have no issue with that because I love winning. But don't expect me to be happy about losing games of football, epsecially in the manner we are.

Maybe we just different mentalities, maybe you just have a weaker mentaility, a losers mentality, but that's ok. Everyone is different.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:51 - Oct 24 with 2124 viewsKeaneish

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:31 - Oct 24 by SomethingBlue

Yes, a fair few people seem very happy to be "right" (are they though, really? We are still top of the damn league if we don't lose a game in hand and while there are some clear issues it has still been a fine start) ahead of anything else. It's so odd.

We're going to lose games, it's no drama, they've just been poor defeats.

We have Southend Saturday, perfect side to put it right against. I can pretty much guarantee we're going to coming flying out of the traps and no player on that pitch is going to want anything less than a win - they'll all be chomping at the but, especially Norwood. Question is, what will that side be and will the system be right?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:55 - Oct 24 with 2108 viewsSuperblue95

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:47 - Oct 24 by MrTown

I'm happy when we're winning. I'm p*ssed off when we're loosing, I'm even worse when we are performing p*ss poor.

I like winning games of football, and that can paper over any cracks, and I have no issue with that because I love winning. But don't expect me to be happy about losing games of football, epsecially in the manner we are.

Maybe we just different mentalities, maybe you just have a weaker mentaility, a losers mentality, but that's ok. Everyone is different.

What is wrong with you?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 2105 viewssotd78

I don't particularly want to have a go at any manager. And I don't think Paul Lambert is tactically the worst.
He has brought a great deal of positivityto our club.

But I do question now what we are doing in terms of team set up.
Usually I can spot our formation but last night I was stymied for ages- by which time Rotherham were one up
The "joke" doing the stands with use was that we were a square Christmas tree with a lump called Holy as the bucket. What was it? 4222? That's what it seemed like.
No width, no cover for either full back, Terrified of the two giants and swamped by a team with energy, impact, aggression and physique. We looked tiny, inept and lost.

And that I suggest is down to the manager. He sets the team up. He chooses the players.
He's got it wrong now several times and in the last two we came unstuck!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 2105 viewsmonytowbray

Losing 2 games (with 3 key players missing) out of 13 including an 11 game unbeaten run, 8 wins and being second in the league is a weird way of saying "I told you so". Even a broken clock gets the time right twice a day though if that's worth celebrating?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:08]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:14 - Oct 24 with 2077 viewsRyorry

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:04 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

OTOH, Judge has not been very effective wherever he's been played so far, Nolan would have been better than Rowe in that position but was probably considered stronger defensively than other options for the deeper role (e.g. Dozzell) and Lambert was probably concerned that putting men out wide would leave us overrun in midfield.

We need Bishop or Nydam fit to cover for Downes when he's missing. That allows us to arrange the other pieces so much better.

Question - is Bishop physically strong enough, even when fit, to cover the role like Downes does?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:23 - Oct 24 with 2069 viewsKeaneish

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:58 - Oct 24 by sotd78

I don't particularly want to have a go at any manager. And I don't think Paul Lambert is tactically the worst.
He has brought a great deal of positivityto our club.

But I do question now what we are doing in terms of team set up.
Usually I can spot our formation but last night I was stymied for ages- by which time Rotherham were one up
The "joke" doing the stands with use was that we were a square Christmas tree with a lump called Holy as the bucket. What was it? 4222? That's what it seemed like.
No width, no cover for either full back, Terrified of the two giants and swamped by a team with energy, impact, aggression and physique. We looked tiny, inept and lost.

And that I suggest is down to the manager. He sets the team up. He chooses the players.
He's got it wrong now several times and in the last two we came unstuck!

442 diamond. My favourite with our personal other than 532 with Skuse being the 3rd CB.
The diamond didn't work though. Too many changes in my view. Garbutt and KVY looked a little lost with no-one in front of them and ran into blind alleys a lot. The midfield looked imbalanced and Rowe was isolated.

The less said about Chambers and Wilson the better. Proper sh*t show all in despite a bright first 5 mins. PL clearly had them up for it but they looked like they struggled in that system and Rotherham made sure those in doubt were made to pay with such a high work rate.

Exactly on 13:26 - Oct 24 with 2061 viewsJimmyJazz

Exactly on 11:58 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

He is over-complicating things. There are 8 or 9 players who should be nailed on and 1 or 2 spots up for grabs but week in week out he changes 6, 7 players.
The 8 or 9 being;
Holy
KVY
Garbs
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Downes
Action Jackson
Norwood

Wolfenden? Or considered too young? A Wolfenden/Wilson/Chambers partial rotation seems fair

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:30 - Oct 24 with 2046 viewsBluefish

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:31 - Oct 24 by SomethingBlue

Who are these fair few and why do you think that?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:31 - Oct 24 with 2041 viewsmonytowbray

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:30 - Oct 24 by Bluefish

Who are these fair few and why do you think that?

A1: You.
A2: Your posts.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:42 - Oct 24 with 2025 viewsGuthrum

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:14 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

Question - is Bishop physically strong enough, even when fit, to cover the role like Downes does?

I think he is - when fit. Downes, IMO, is better, but Bishop can cover for him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 2017 viewsBluefish

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:31 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

A1: You.
A2: Your posts.

Cool story. Can you link me to 1 or 2 of the posts please?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:48 - Oct 24 with 2012 viewsRyorry

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:42 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

I think he is - when fit. Downes, IMO, is better, but Bishop can cover for him.

Cheers.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 13:56 - Oct 24 with 1996 viewsMrTown

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:55 - Oct 24 by Superblue95

What is wrong with you?

Also, the tinkering can be overstated. on 14:43 - Oct 24 with 1964 viewsGuthrum

Holy and Skuse have started every League game, Jackson didn't only once, Chambers and Downes on two occasions, Norwood three. That's half the outfield team. Woolfenden started nine, Wilson eight, Garbutt and Kenlock seven. KVY has missed one League game since he came into the team. Judge had a solid run of five out of six League matches.

Many of those missed games were due to injury or suspension (or, in Kenlock's case, being replaced long term), not simply rotation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024