Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get it out there on the record then... 12:40 - Oct 29 with 67699 viewsSpruceMoose

Voting intention?

Spruce: Currently undecided.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:40 - Oct 31 with 2841 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:38 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

This is the man who praises Bolsonaro, Putin, Erdogan, Orban and Johnson.

There's no finer endorsement for Corbyn.

He's probably jumped 5% in the polls already!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:45 - Oct 31 with 2825 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:39 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Yeah, stupidly busy with shedloadsa urgent stuff plus health probs means I'm easily irritated by completely unnecessary diversions arising from anyone's repeated failure to bother to read properly I'm afraid!

I get that. FWIW I don't think either of you are wrong with how you see it. There's not enough real detail (or backup material) to what McDonnell said to know either way.

Pronouns: He/Him

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:49 - Oct 31 with 2813 viewsMelford

LABOUR.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:55 - Oct 31 with 2798 viewsMelford

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:49 - Oct 29 by Sikamikanico

The Tory MP in South Suffolk received 60% of the vote.

Labour were a distant 2nd but I will vote for them as the least worst choice in my area

They could put a blue rosette on my dog and walk it up and down the streets of Melford and Lavenham etc and they'd vote it in as a Tory MP.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:56 - Oct 31 with 2798 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:33 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

Reading this makes a Labour vote seem far more appealing!

I liked this reply re: Farage

Which seems to be exactly the type of energy he's brought to British politics.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:58 - Oct 31 with 2792 viewsRyorry

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:45 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

I get that. FWIW I don't think either of you are wrong with how you see it. There's not enough real detail (or backup material) to what McDonnell said to know either way.

I've been lifelong moderate Labour & Lab voter till the last election; & I think I'm probably average intelligence. If McDonnell's comments have me worried, you can bet your bottom dollar that there'll be tens of thousands more who will be reconsidering where their vote should go now! As Chico pointed out, even if that idea isn't in the manifesto (and how many will bother to check?) - now that the seed's been planted, many will think that even if it isn't, it's something that the LP could introduce X months or years down the line. McDonnell's very vagueness makes it an even scarier possibility.

Anyway, gotta go!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:59 - Oct 31 with 2780 viewsvapour_trail

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:58 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

I've been lifelong moderate Labour & Lab voter till the last election; & I think I'm probably average intelligence. If McDonnell's comments have me worried, you can bet your bottom dollar that there'll be tens of thousands more who will be reconsidering where their vote should go now! As Chico pointed out, even if that idea isn't in the manifesto (and how many will bother to check?) - now that the seed's been planted, many will think that even if it isn't, it's something that the LP could introduce X months or years down the line. McDonnell's very vagueness makes it an even scarier possibility.

Anyway, gotta go!

Average

Edit, for the avoidance of abuse reporting tvvattery, much more intellectually endowed.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 20:00]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:18 - Oct 31 with 2751 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:58 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Anyway, gotta go!

I'd be more worried about real stuff that's happened and real policies that have been printed in manifestos.

With this type of measure (if it is some forced right to buy), you're effectively talking about a middle-class austerity programme. If true, I think it's unfair but not as unfair as doing the same to people who had everything to lose.

Our country has voted in that government TWICE since then. And now they're appealing for another chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:32 - Oct 31 with 2730 viewsClapham_Junction

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:55 - Oct 31 by Melford

They could put a blue rosette on my dog and walk it up and down the streets of Melford and Lavenham etc and they'd vote it in as a Tory MP.

For the first time in a long time, I think there's a chance they may not. In the Babergh local elections earlier in the year, the Tories only got 35% with the Greens on 23% and Lib Dems and Labour both on 10%.

My Dad is going to vote Lib Dem, possibly the first time he's not voted Conservative.
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:35 - Oct 31 with 2721 viewsRyorry

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:59 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Average

Edit, for the avoidance of abuse reporting tvvattery, much more intellectually endowed.

Well if you want to go down that route, my intellect certainly isn't what it was when I got my 1st some 25 years ago, the numerous strokes from the CO poisoning saw to that & shot my memory to bits for good measure.

You're still an excrescent bit of pus though. Feel free to report.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:43 - Oct 31 with 2706 viewsRyorry

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:18 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

I'd be more worried about real stuff that's happened and real policies that have been printed in manifestos.

With this type of measure (if it is some forced right to buy), you're effectively talking about a middle-class austerity programme. If true, I think it's unfair but not as unfair as doing the same to people who had everything to lose.

Our country has voted in that government TWICE since then. And now they're appealing for another chance.

Fear of having your carefully laid plans (in sofar as anyone can do that) for your independence in old age chopped from under you, is very real, believe me!

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 2696 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 20:43 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Fear of having your carefully laid plans (in sofar as anyone can do that) for your independence in old age chopped from under you, is very real, believe me!

Nobody should be afraid. So maybe get some clarification on that first before you vote in the people who pull that stuff on a quiet Tuesday morning.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:02 - Oct 31 with 2656 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:59 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Average

What do you actually bring to this board other than constant sniping at the same people? Genuinely interested as to why you even bother logging on?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 21:02]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:22 - Oct 31 with 2624 viewsvapour_trail

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:02 - Oct 31 by GlasgowBlue

What do you actually bring to this board other than constant sniping at the same people? Genuinely interested as to why you even bother logging on?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 21:02]

What do I bring ? Occasional irrelevance would be my best stab at summarising it.

What do you deliver Glasgow blue. Especially given this is where you are now living out your political existence.

For many many years, aggressive targeting of specific individuals over a sustained period. Sometimes individually, on other occasions, in partnerships. targets change over time.

There is of course the mechanism to bring this behaviour to the attention of those running the forum. However to do so in a consistent manner isn’t really of interest, and I’m sure not particularly appealing to those people

abuse, lies and insinuation thrown around on an unparalleled scale.

Keep on keeping on Glasgow blue. And don’t forget to hold the board to account.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:25 - Oct 31 with 2620 viewsfooters

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:22 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

What do I bring ? Occasional irrelevance would be my best stab at summarising it.

What do you deliver Glasgow blue. Especially given this is where you are now living out your political existence.

For many many years, aggressive targeting of specific individuals over a sustained period. Sometimes individually, on other occasions, in partnerships. targets change over time.

There is of course the mechanism to bring this behaviour to the attention of those running the forum. However to do so in a consistent manner isn’t really of interest, and I’m sure not particularly appealing to those people

A case study in self-awareness!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 21:33 - Oct 31 with 2606 viewsDarth_Koont

Nice answer to a remarkably stupid question.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 10:55 - Nov 1 with 2452 viewstabletopjoe

Why would anyone even consider voting for these idiots?

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 10:58 - Nov 1 with 2441 viewsnoggin

POTY. Well put Sir.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 11:14 - Nov 1 with 2419 viewsBrixtonBlue

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:22 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Thanks for further evidence that you don't even bother to read anything which doesn't suit your agenda.

From my post of 12.26 which you replied to & downvoted (I have no idea why you did as I'd told you I was putting you back on ignore. Stupidly I read the thread whilst I wasn't logged in when I got home this evening and really cannot let such disingenuousness, which is entirely yours, go unchecked, so have taken you off briefly to reply) -

"I bought a house with in-built small annexe (which LA regards as a separate property).
Ie I don't "also live in it".

Jeez, wish I'd never replied to this thread, should have known you'd get stuck in with your entrenched unwillingness to even consider that people opposing Corbyn might have a point. Perhaps you don't realise it but you've come across as thoroughly nasty here with your defamation.

What do you think people who really enjoy living in my lovely annexe could afford it, would do if they were allowed to buy it? Of course they would, they'd be stupid not to.

Thanks for wasting my time again

Apologies, I did misread your post. I certainly don't have any agenda.

Also I don't have entrenched unwillingness to consider that people opposing Corbyn might have a point - I've said things in the past I disagree with him on myself. In this thread I've said to Stokers that I don't agree with selling off people's property on the cheap (with the caveat that I presume there's more to it than that, if it were ever to become policy).

To say that I've been nasty and defamed you is a bit OTT frankly, but nevertheless I apologise for misreading your post. It was a genuine mistake.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:23 - Nov 1 with 2382 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 19:38 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

This is the man who praises Bolsonaro, Putin, Erdogan, Orban and Johnson.

There's no finer endorsement for Corbyn.

And Corbyn gets an endorsment from Nick Griffin and former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke

Oh and now he has the nonce vote

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:24 - Nov 1 with 2377 viewsSpruceMoose

I like you. You should post more.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:40 - Nov 1 with 2344 viewsBrixtonBlue

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:23 - Nov 1 by GlasgowBlue

And Corbyn gets an endorsment from Nick Griffin and former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke

"he has the nonce vote"

Come on, really?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 2344 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:23 - Nov 1 by GlasgowBlue

Haha. You're a very sad man.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 2326 viewsHerbivore

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:40 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

"he has the nonce vote"

Come on, really?!

Think this is a new low in a posting career littered with lowlights.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:54 - Nov 1 with 2317 viewskinnockers

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 12:49 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

Think this is a new low in a posting career littered with lowlights.

I couldn't agree more.

Hope everybody is having a great Friday

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024