Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards’ character 14:23 - Nov 4 with 1699 viewsHullblue

Our boy Gwion has rightfully taken a bit of flak for his performances recently, but against both Accrington and Southend I noticed that his head never went down, even when our fans started groaning.

He was one of our best players in the second half at Accrington, carrying the ball even though tackles were flying in, we were 2-0 down, and he was playing out of position at right back.

Against Southend he was pretty poor throughout, but suddenly when he looked out of the game he took it past the full-back and nearly scored. I like his attitude and I’m hoping he comes good for us, despite his limitations.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Edwards’ character on 14:30 - Nov 4 with 1651 viewsVaughan8

Is it good that he thinks he's played well though? Suppose he can't say "I've been poor".

Seemed promising when he first came but seemed to go off the boil and now doesn't seem great. However, he isn't a right back and can't be blamed for some things. Just proves how much Lambert doesn't like Donacien.
Edwards’ character on 14:34 - Nov 4 with 1631 viewsMeadowlark

Yeah. I like him too. Gets a bad press here and is often singled out but I think he's an exciting player.
But what do I know? I thought Dozzell played well at Accrington!
Edwards’ character on 14:35 - Nov 4 with 1641 viewsitfcjoe

Edwards’ character on 14:30 - Nov 4 by Vaughan8

Is it good that he thinks he's played well though? Suppose he can't say "I've been poor".

Seemed promising when he first came but seemed to go off the boil and now doesn't seem great. However, he isn't a right back and can't be blamed for some things. Just proves how much Lambert doesn't like Donacien.

It's not been easy for Gwion, he's started 8 games this season and has played left wing, right wing, RWB, RB, and even LWB!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edwards’ character on 14:37 - Nov 4 with 1613 viewsMrTown

Good player, flair player, adds to the team, can't see the stick that he takes. But Town fans love a scapegoat.

Takes unnecessary flak on here, although I'm aware this place is not the measuring stick for the general ITFC thought process.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Edwards’ character on 14:39 - Nov 4 with 1605 viewsVaughan8

Edwards’ character on 14:35 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

It's not been easy for Gwion, he's started 8 games this season and has played left wing, right wing, RWB, RB, and even LWB!

Agreed. this season he certainly hasn't been playing where he is known for and been changed all the time.

I liked him at the start of last season but I think he got injured (?) and didn't seem to come back as good, and he came back into a team low on confidence (and everything else).

None of our wingers have held down a place or looked good all the time. Suppose that's the nature of that position.
Edwards’ character on 14:44 - Nov 4 with 1585 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There is a good player somewhere I am sure of it. I am by no means writing him off.

However, He is so frenetic. First touch like a trampoline and he never really has control of the ball, which is a far cry from how he started last season.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 14:45]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Edwards’ character on 14:45 - Nov 4 with 1574 viewsHullblue

Edwards’ character on 14:39 - Nov 4 by Vaughan8

Agreed. this season he certainly hasn't been playing where he is known for and been changed all the time.

I liked him at the start of last season but I think he got injured (?) and didn't seem to come back as good, and he came back into a team low on confidence (and everything else).

None of our wingers have held down a place or looked good all the time. Suppose that's the nature of that position.

I thought it was interesting that he said he sees himself as a left winger - that makes more sense to me. Playing on the right, it seems like he lacks the physical attributes to get outside a full-back. On the left he can come inside, link play and have shots.

Didn’t see much evidence of the above at Southend, but like Joe says, that was the first time he’s played there in a while.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Edwards’ character on 14:46 - Nov 4 with 1569 viewswkj

Edwards’ character on 14:44 - Nov 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

There is a good player somewhere I am sure of it. I am by no means writing him off.

However, He is so frenetic. First touch like a trampoline and he never really has control of the ball, which is a far cry from how he started last season.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 14:45]

I wouldn't say a far cry, his first touch raised questions with me quite early on. When he can get the ball under control, he can move it well and move well off the ball, but he was as much to blame for turnover and goals conceded as Spence was last year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards’ character on 14:55 - Nov 4 with 1537 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Edwards’ character on 14:46 - Nov 4 by wkj

I wouldn't say a far cry, his first touch raised questions with me quite early on. When he can get the ball under control, he can move it well and move well off the ball, but he was as much to blame for turnover and goals conceded as Spence was last year.

Yes I am with you, his first touch was poor but right at the start of last season he did manage to eventually get it under.

But yes, towards the end his second touch was always a tackle.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Edwards’ character on 15:54 - Nov 4 with 1422 viewsBlueBadger

The fact that he's not very good doesn't help, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Edwards’ character on 15:58 - Nov 4 with 1420 viewsPhilTWTD

Also the lack of almost any pre-season hasn't helped him. I remember talking to him in Germany and he hadn't done anything at that point. Playing irregularly - and all over the place - since then won't have helped him get up to speed.
Edwards’ character on 16:00 - Nov 4 with 1408 viewsitfcjoe

Edwards’ character on 15:58 - Nov 4 by PhilTWTD

Also the lack of almost any pre-season hasn't helped him. I remember talking to him in Germany and he hadn't done anything at that point. Playing irregularly - and all over the place - since then won't have helped him get up to speed.

We were told he was still weeks aay and was going to be eased back in and then he played 180 minutes in 4 days, very strange!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edwards’ character on 20:24 - Nov 4 with 1118 viewsWickets

Edwards’ character on 15:58 - Nov 4 by PhilTWTD

That's a very important point ,most fans don't seem to realise how long it can take for players to get up to speed . Huw's is not really back yet Keane very much the same . Alan Judge missed pre season not at his best and getting stick and some seem to think Sears will be back soon ,sorry that is not going to happen .
Edwards’ character on 20:40 - Nov 4 with 1084 viewsMullet

Grant Ward all over again innit. Although Edwards is arguably the equivalent step down to where we are now I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Edwards’ character on 21:00 - Nov 4 with 1038 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is true although last season I felt he flattered to deceive. He clearly had skill but put it to good use far too infrequently. Perhaps the step up in a poorly-performing team did him no favours but he seems like one that we may keep giving chances to without it ever working.

As with the OP, I hope he comes good and performs well in a consistent position for us, but I am not holding my breath for it to happen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024