Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even I am getting fed up 17:08 - Dec 21 with 3183 viewsGeoffSentence

I consider myself to be a fairly level-headed and patient kind of bloke but still I am starting to get a bit tired of this.

No win in eight
Three home wins all season (for those who arent mathematicians that is less than one a month)
A different starting eleven every single game.
The formation changing from game to game.
We have scored more than one goal once in two months

When can we expect to see the benefit of the rotation system? It should be soon shouldn't it? But it seems that we get less and less effective as the season goes on.

Lambert really needs to settle things down a bit, no more than one or two changes a game and stick with pattern of play that the players can get used to.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Even I am getting fed up on 17:09 - Dec 21 with 2787 viewsbluejacko

Hear hear makes perfect sense.
Even I am getting fed up on 17:19 - Dec 21 with 2715 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree.

We'll not get another ranting press conference about how he could be gone tomorrow, and how it could be amazing here.

Tedious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Even I am getting fed up on 17:19 - Dec 21 with 2699 viewsLankHenners

The problem now is that while we’re dicking about making several personnel changes plus switching the formation every game, the other, more limited, teams have been working on their way of playing for several weeks and are starting to forge something of a team which is enough to beat a rag tag bunch of individuals chucked in the pitch at random.

The whole point of rotation is that it’s meant to be within a settled, structured side so players can come in and out and the sum of the parts is not affected. What Lambert’s doing is actively harming the team and will only make us worse rather than better. At this rate we’ll end the season with a group of players who feel pretty fit but won’t have won enough football matches.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Even I am getting fed up on 17:24 - Dec 21 with 2647 viewspointofblue

Even I am getting fed up on 17:19 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

Agree.

We'll not get another ranting press conference about how he could be gone tomorrow, and how it could be amazing here.

Tedious.

If he has another rant about how he could be gone by tomorrow I hope a reporter points out he could always leave straight away.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Even I am getting fed up on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2620 viewsTheSelkirk

Agree.

Tedious.

But the support was amazing ..............
Even I am getting fed up on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2609 viewsjas0999

You’ve summed the current situation up nicely.
Even I am getting fed up on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2606 viewsTractorWood

Agree. On top of all that, I think the league is pretty low calibre.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Exactly this on 17:27 - Dec 21 with 2598 viewsDyland

Even I am getting fed up on 17:19 - Dec 21 by LankHenners

The problem now is that while we’re dicking about making several personnel changes plus switching the formation every game, the other, more limited, teams have been working on their way of playing for several weeks and are starting to forge something of a team which is enough to beat a rag tag bunch of individuals chucked in the pitch at random.

The whole point of rotation is that it’s meant to be within a settled, structured side so players can come in and out and the sum of the parts is not affected. What Lambert’s doing is actively harming the team and will only make us worse rather than better. At this rate we’ll end the season with a group of players who feel pretty fit but won’t have won enough football matches.

Benefit of the doubt we'll and truly gone. The selections are at best counterintuitive and at worst delusional. As you say, rotation doesn't make any sense when there's no settled systems. It's as if Lambert believes our players are a hundred times better than they are.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Even I am getting fed up on 17:27 - Dec 21 with 2594 viewsChurchman

Agree with this. Sadly we have been well and truly found out. The run of lucky wins had to end and the shambolic shower of team from last season is now performing to expectations.

Thanks to poor players and constant changing the team, the result is a team of easy to beat strangers. Mid-table will be a good result this season. So sad. I really thought we’d improve as the season progressed. The club gets ever smaller.
Even I am getting fed up on 17:28 - Dec 21 with 2566 viewsHerbivore

I don't think Lambert really knows what he's doing. I'm struggling to think of any side that has ever been successful changing things every sodding week to the extent that he does. There's a reason for that. Rotating a few players each game isn't an issue necessarily if you have a settled system and way of playing so players can just slot in when needed. We're just throwing sh!t at the wall basically.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even I am getting fed up on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 2464 viewsm14_blue

Yep, me too.

The team shouldn’t be a mystery every week and the formation certainly shouldn’t be. I just don’t get what he’s thinking at the moment.
Even I am getting fed up on 17:43 - Dec 21 with 2434 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Even I am getting fed up on 17:19 - Dec 21 by LankHenners

It doesn’t give me a lot of pleasure to say this, but the signs were very much there last season when every week saw 4, 5 or 6 changes to the lineup

However any attempt to point that out was met with scorn as Lambert was flavour of the month and the changes could apparently be justified

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Even I am getting fed up on 17:45 - Dec 21 with 2409 viewspointofblue

Even I am getting fed up on 17:43 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It doesn’t give me a lot of pleasure to say this, but the signs were very much there last season when every week saw 4, 5 or 6 changes to the lineup

However any attempt to point that out was met with scorn as Lambert was flavour of the month and the changes could apparently be justified

I think last season was a massive pre-season from New Years Day so there was no harm in trying out different players and seeing what they could do. He has no such excuse this year, with every match being of vital importance.

Even I am getting fed up on 17:48 - Dec 21 with 2357 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Even I am getting fed up on 17:45 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

I think last season was a massive pre-season from New Years Day so there was no harm in trying out different players and seeing what they could do. He has no such excuse this year, with every match being of vital importance.

I’m glad we made 7 short term signings in January then

Even I am getting fed up on 17:49 - Dec 21 with 2339 viewspointofblue

Even I am getting fed up on 17:48 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m glad we made 7 short term signings in January then

True, that was utterly stupid - would have been better off saving the pennies for this year.

Even I am getting fed up on 17:49 - Dec 21 with 2340 viewsStokieBlue

Even I am getting fed up on 17:28 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

I don't think Lambert really knows what he's doing. I'm struggling to think of any side that has ever been successful changing things every sodding week to the extent that he does. There's a reason for that. Rotating a few players each game isn't an issue necessarily if you have a settled system and way of playing so players can just slot in when needed. We're just throwing sh!t at the wall basically.

Spot on.

It was obvious to everyone that as soon as we went 442 it was a different game. Just stick with a formation and play your best players - don't rotate for the sake of it.

Jackson has to start, ridiculous that he's being dropped.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Even I am getting fed up on 17:50 - Dec 21 with 2326 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Even I am getting fed up on 17:49 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

True, that was utterly stupid - would have been better off saving the pennies for this year.

Point is that we obviously weren’t trying things out for next season, the ambition was still to get results to stay up

Even I am getting fed up on 17:51 - Dec 21 with 2310 viewsLankHenners

Even I am getting fed up on 17:43 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think it was more that people were willing to offer the (extreme) benefit of the doubt as Hurst has been such a disaster and in the scenario we were in, it was more excusable to make more changes to scrap out points game by game. Plus the opposition were clearly much better so us looking a bit sh1t was a bit more palatable.

This season, it wasn’t so much as giving him a clean slate, more ‘no excuses now’ territory. Now he’s pulling the same sh1t in this league it’s plain to see patience is running out, hence the general reaction now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Even I am getting fed up on 18:00 - Dec 21 with 2193 viewstractorboy2421

Agree.

Tedious.

Yes... It could be amazing here - IF YOU STOPPED EFFING ROTATING THE SQUAD
Even I am getting fed up on 18:06 - Dec 21 with 2124 viewsGaryCooper

It has become an "I know best" scenario once more, when he clearly does not, constant talk of systems, rotation and formations complicates what is a relatively straight forward job.

Football is built on pairings, relationships built up by regularity, so many managers over complicate the task to justify the position.
Even I am getting fed up on 18:09 - Dec 21 with 2085 viewspointofblue

Even I am getting fed up on 18:06 - Dec 21 by GaryCooper

It has become an "I know best" scenario once more, when he clearly does not, constant talk of systems, rotation and formations complicates what is a relatively straight forward job.

Football is built on pairings, relationships built up by regularity, so many managers over complicate the task to justify the position.

He claims that systems don't win football matches, making sure we do the basics right do... so why does he keep changing the system?

Even I am getting fed up on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 1956 viewsDurovigutum

For me, the problem is the lack of consistency. We started well because we have good players and are (were) better than other teams in this league. Everyone was finding their feet and during this time we picked up a good points haul. Now we have reached the stage where it's not the best individual players but the best team pattern of play. Wycombe showed that, limited players with a set and consistent system that is working for them (mostly...). We need to play 11 players in a set system and stick with it unless we get injuries or suspensions. If we play another XI in the cup, fine, but give people a chance to find some form....
Even I am getting fed up on 18:57 - Dec 21 with 1744 viewssuperblue70

Even I am getting fed up on 18:09 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

He claims that systems don't win football matches, making sure we do the basics right do... so why does he keep changing the system?

Im not convinced any of the players can understand a single word he says, I know I cant
Even I am getting fed up on 21:16 - Dec 21 with 1459 viewsnoggin

Even I am getting fed up on 18:57 - Dec 21 by superblue70

Im not convinced any of the players can understand a single word he says, I know I cant

Have you ever left your village?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Even I am getting fed up on 21:54 - Dec 21 with 1327 viewsBLUEBEAT

Very well put, GeoffSentence.

I would very much like to hear TWTD raise these points/questions in exactly this manner at the next press conference.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024