Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:07 - Jan 4 with 1383 viewsHerbivore

Where does he rank in our worst managers of the last decade? Jewell, Keane and Hurst were all terrible failures but they were terrible failures in the second tier. Lambert thus far has failed miserably in the second tier and is doing a grand job of failing in the third tier. Best part of three months without a win at this level when he's had a year, two transfer windows, and a decent budget is utterly hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 1362 viewshomer_123

See my post above.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 1328 viewsCopfordBlue

Forget the last 10 years he’s the worst the club have had since turning professional. Nice fella but robbing a living.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Lambert on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 1328 viewsreusersfreekicks

Think those 3 could have failed on the third tier given the chance...
So disappointed in how it's turned out with Lambert. He got the supporters in a more positive frame of mind but has not done enough to maintain the positivity and looks to be a poor coach.
Lambert on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 1289 viewsJDB23

Genuinely think we’d have been in a better position now had we stuck with Hurst. Not that I think we should have btw, but don’t believe you can really make a distinction between the two in terms of awfulness on the pitch.
Lambert has done more off the pitch though and I do think he does care about the club, he’s just a very poor manager.
Lambert on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 1280 viewsOjc

Lambert & Jewell are neck and neck at the moment
Lambert on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 1256 viewsBluefish

Mick
Jewell
Hurst
Lambert
keane

I am concerned that PL could overtake rk though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 1228 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst is in a league of his own, but Lambert is certainly giving the other two a run for their money

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 4 with 1205 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:16 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst is in a league of his own, but Lambert is certainly giving the other two a run for their money

Yeah, think I'd agree with this. Hurst did so much damage in such a short space of time. I'm seeing nothing from Lambert to say he's not in the reckoning with Keane and Jewell for the runners up spot though.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 1176 viewsLankHenners

Hurst's devastating destruction in such a short space of time sets him apart but Lambert's certainly similar to Jewell in terms of looking clueless. Difference is I think he's genuinely self-deluded to believe he's doing the right thing whereas it was clear Jewell felt a but guilty still being in charge for as long as he was.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert on 17:22 - Jan 4 with 1142 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Yeah, think I'd agree with this. Hurst did so much damage in such a short space of time. I'm seeing nothing from Lambert to say he's not in the reckoning with Keane and Jewell for the runners up spot though.

Worth remembering that both Keane and Jewell has short spells where we put a run of results together and looked like we had turned the corner

For all the talk of this being a bad run, it’s actually the games at the start of this season which are starting to look like the exception, when you consider Lambert’s whole reign here

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert on 17:26 - Jan 4 with 1092 viewsChurchman

The common denominator is Evans. Guardiola, Robson, Klopp you name it would all fail here. The club is about as unprofessional and ambition free as it gets and the players/staff know it.
Lambert on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 1075 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:26 - Jan 4 by Churchman

The common denominator is Evans. Guardiola, Robson, Klopp you name it would all fail here. The club is about as unprofessional and ambition free as it gets and the players/staff know it.

Disagree. Evans is a poor owner but Mick managed to succeed here, in relative terms. Lambert has lots in his favour and he's screwing it right up.

Lambert on 17:31 - Jan 4 with 1051 viewsnshearman1

Lambert on 17:28 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Disagree. Evans is a poor owner but Mick managed to succeed here, in relative terms. Lambert has lots in his favour and he's screwing it right up.

The list of managers and (apart from a couple of seasons under Mick) the long list of repeated failure and mistakes is a damning indictment of Evans’ management and ownership. He is under the constant in all this.
Lambert on 17:34 - Jan 4 with 1030 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:31 - Jan 4 by nshearman1

The list of managers and (apart from a couple of seasons under Mick) the long list of repeated failure and mistakes is a damning indictment of Evans’ management and ownership. He is under the constant in all this.

How are our failures this season attributable to Evans? We've got a top 2 budget. We brought in players over the summer and only got rid of Harrison, who was surplus to requirements. Evans isn't the one changing the side every week. He's not the one failing to develop a style of play.

Lambert on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 990 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert on 17:34 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

How are our failures this season attributable to Evans? We've got a top 2 budget. We brought in players over the summer and only got rid of Harrison, who was surplus to requirements. Evans isn't the one changing the side every week. He's not the one failing to develop a style of play.

Agree although recruiting Lambert in the first place and extending his contract means there is no defence for Evans
Lambert on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 991 viewsChrisd

Lambert on 17:34 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Your right, ME isn’t the one selecting the team, but he is the owner of this sinking ship and over and over again he continues to make poor decisions and never seems to learn. The PL contract and timing of it was a prime example. ME has shown he’s an owner that has got no idea on how to turn things around and PL seems to be showing he’s a clueless manager. Doesn’t bode well for our club’s future sadly.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 17:46]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert on 17:48 - Jan 4 with 953 viewsjas0999

Hurst was worse in my opinion. But RK and PJ both have better win ratio percentages. We also made an appearance in a League Cup semi final under RK (he got us there before he was sacked prior to the Arsenal game).

I’d say both are therefore better than Lambert. And as you say both were terrible failures.
Lambert on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 887 viewsBlueBadger

Joint second with Jewell behind Keane and Hurst at the moment, but he's got five years to make the top spot all his own.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on 18:07 - Jan 4 with 856 viewsFelstow1978

LAMBERT OUT

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lambert on 19:09 - Jan 4 with 732 viewsDarth_Koont

Approaching Jewell territory i.e. just above Hurst at the bottom. I'll give PL the benefit of the doubt when he took over to try and keep a bad team up but he still didn't have an effect on us. And he's still seeming to take a random and ineffectual approach to League One.

I'm most disappointed that he couldn't harness the good start to the season and build any sort of confidence or improve performances. If this season dribbles away we might be ruing that missed opportunity for years.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 19:11]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024