Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra told he has no future at Hearts 12:54 - Jan 7 with 3831 viewsScuzzer

Go get him!

Established 1968

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 12:55 - Jan 7 with 3504 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To team up with Stearman and Smith...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 12:57 - Jan 7 with 3478 viewsElderGrizzly

It wouldn’t be too hard to catch him given his blistering pace
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:03 - Jan 7 with 3265 viewsNazemariner

100%

A proper defender who won't let the ball bounce. You don't need to be quick, when you know where to be.
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 3242 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I don't think that Bez is the same player he was.

Good player when he was here, wouldn't be a good signing imo.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 3214 viewsITFC_Forever

He's 35 at the end of this month, and moved back to Scotland to be nearer his daughter.

More likely to get another Scottish club.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 3211 viewsmattrolow

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:10 - Jan 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

I would be happy with him. In the James Collins role of last year...

...I know we're not battling relegation but feels like at times we might need that backs against the wall attitude at the back and his experience on the others, alongside Chambo, could be crucial.
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:18 - Jan 7 with 3210 viewsMrTown

Wouldn't take him now at 34, would much rather Tommy Smith.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 3193 viewsFifeITFC

No thanks. Well passed his best and League 1.

People need to stop looking to the past.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:30 - Jan 7 with 3148 viewsClapham_Junction

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:10 - Jan 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought he went downhill a lot in his last season - looked the shadow of the player he had been in previous seasons.

Spurs have recalled Cameron Carter-Vickers from Stoke - highly unlikely that we could get him, but he's been the best centre back we've had since Berra was in his prime IMO.
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:39 - Jan 7 with 3089 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:30 - Jan 7 by Clapham_Junction

I thought he went downhill a lot in his last season - looked the shadow of the player he had been in previous seasons.

Spurs have recalled Cameron Carter-Vickers from Stoke - highly unlikely that we could get him, but he's been the best centre back we've had since Berra was in his prime IMO.

Agree. CCV was so good for us in that season, and it was a bleak season.

Absolute immovable object, doubt we can afford him but that would make me very happy.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:42 - Jan 7 with 3077 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:30 - Jan 7 by Clapham_Junction

I was told that we had struck up deals to sign both CCV and Connolly in the summer of 2018, only for Hurst to come in and say he wanted to bring his own players in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 16:38 - Jan 7 with 2869 viewsClapham_Junction

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 14:42 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

I was told that we had struck up deals to sign both CCV and Connolly in the summer of 2018, only for Hurst to come in and say he wanted to bring his own players in.

If that's true, not signing CCV is possibly worse than some of the signings he did make.

I've been a bit surprised by Connolly's failure to push on, although we needed him a lot less than CCV.
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 16:45 - Jan 7 with 2827 viewsDeano69

What part of 'he cant even get on the bench of a Hearts side' do you not understand?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 18:27 - Jan 7 with 2655 viewsbobbyramsey

Got Toto instead.......good move.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 18:27]
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 2624 viewsEireannach_gorm

Glenn Whelan too.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0107/1104771-whelan-leaves-hearts-after-com
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 2586 viewsbefxblue

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 16:45 - Jan 7 by Deano69

What part of 'he cant even get on the bench of a Hearts side' do you not understand?

Was he in the Hearts side whilst they were cementing their position at the bottom of the league so far this season?
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 19:06 - Jan 7 with 2567 viewsPecker

As what?
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 2462 viewsGeoffSentence

If true, my word what a feck up, either of those two would have improved us and both would at least have made us more competitive.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 20:50 - Jan 7 with 2379 viewsFifeITFC

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 16:45 - Jan 7 by Deano69

He's actually been a regular for Hearts all season up until the last couple of weeks. Has played over 20+ games for them so not sure what you mean?

It's only been the last few days he's been told to leave.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 2267 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Some of our fans, dear me !

Hearts the bottom of abhorrent league, Berra no longer deemed good enough to cope with the goal machines of Hamilton Academicals or St.Johnstone.....yeah lets get him here at Ipswich.

Moreover Tommy 'let the ball bounce first' Smith has been told to leave by the team who finished fourth from bottom in the Western Conference of backwater league......yeah lets get him here at Ipswich too.

What else? Lets get Pablo Counago to come out of retirement to play for us, eh?
Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 23:02 - Jan 7 with 2150 viewstextbackup

assuming those wanting him back have forgotten how poor he was in final year, 7/8 games in a row he fcked up resulting in goals against. just what we need.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 09:04 - Jan 8 with 1961 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 21:58 - Jan 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Some of our fans, dear me !

Hearts the bottom of abhorrent league, Berra no longer deemed good enough to cope with the goal machines of Hamilton Academicals or St.Johnstone.....yeah lets get him here at Ipswich.

Moreover Tommy 'let the ball bounce first' Smith has been told to leave by the team who finished fourth from bottom in the Western Conference of backwater league......yeah lets get him here at Ipswich too.

What else? Lets get Pablo Counago to come out of retirement to play for us, eh?

Tommy Smith was a perfectly capable championship defender. Also offered a huge threat from corners, which our centre backs don't have.

Agree R.E Berra. But Tommy smith would be more than capable of playing in league one. The MLS have some decent talent coming out of it as well. Jack Harrison, Almiron and a few others who have come over.

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 11:39 - Jan 8 with 1867 viewsDeano69

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 20:50 - Jan 7 by FifeITFC

He's actually been a regular for Hearts all season up until the last couple of weeks. Has played over 20+ games for them so not sure what you mean?

It's only been the last few days he's been told to leave.

He is being told he cant even make the bottom of the league side in a Scottish league, not sure that is what we are looking for here?

While he was one of the best defenders we have had here in the past 15 years, sadly he really had lost interest during the last 10 games or so.

Not seen many worse performances than his first half against Lincoln.

Just don't see how he is for us.

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 11:47 - Jan 8 with 1851 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 11:39 - Jan 8 by Deano69

He is being told he cant even make the bottom of the league side in a Scottish league, not sure that is what we are looking for here?

While he was one of the best defenders we have had here in the past 15 years, sadly he really had lost interest during the last 10 games or so.

Not seen many worse performances than his first half against Lincoln.

Just don't see how he is for us.

His last game, vs. Forest I think,

somebody on here described him as a useless lump of haggis. Which was pretty accurate for that performance.

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 12:39 - Jan 8 with 1789 viewsDeano69

Berra told he has no future at Hearts on 11:47 - Jan 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

His last game, vs. Forest I think,

somebody on here described him as a useless lump of haggis. Which was pretty accurate for that performance.

I thought he was excellent in the previous seasons, nothing really got past him, wasnt over elegant or with Beckham like distribution, but safe. Shame!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024