Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Needed, Deserved. 01:19 - Jan 12 with 4619 viewsMrTown

Thought by far and away our best performance of the season. Same system, same personnel but a slight tweak in approach.

Thought we were sensational first half, blitzed Accrington and should have been 5-0 up, but I’ll take 4-1 to stop the rot.

Thought Downes and Huws were very good, as were the front two once again. However the stand out players were Woolfenden, Chambers and Judge. Incidentally after implementing the overlapping centre backs, both Chambers and Woolfenden got assists today, fantastic!

Alan Judge though, what a performance. Has wrongly been put out wide for too long, not his game anymore but in that no.10 role, he’s too good for this level.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 23:41]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 07:41 - Jan 12 with 2644 viewsKeaneish

Four different goal scorers and four different players with assists. Could gave been 6 at half time and Norwood could have had a hat-trick by the 35th minute mark. Great way to bounce back.

I actually thought Huws was one of our lesser performers today but there's no doubt the quality he has and his presence in there makes all the difference. Not sure whether he'll start again Tuesday night though If anyone gets swapped out i expect it'll be Skuse for him.

Bit of a blessing the Nolan injury in hindsight. It's allowed us to get the balance in midfield right which has been key to the improved displays.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:47 - Jan 12 with 2539 viewsSwailsey

Go on, name them.

Name any genuine fans on here who want ITFC to fail.

Let’s try and nip this in the bud and call out these bull*hit claims now to avoid us getting into another MM divide.

[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 8:48]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:48 - Jan 12 with 2516 viewsHerbivore

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:47 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

Go on, name them.

Let’s try and nip this in the bud and call out these bull*hit claims now to avoid us getting into another MM divide.

It's a load of nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is wrong saying anyone wants us to fail on 09:14 - Jan 12 with 2457 viewsDyland

Let's just get on with putting a run together and getting the hell out of this league. Odd comment from the manager, fans are just worried we may get stuck down in the third division. Odd that for someone who seems to have got the fan thing, to talk such nonsense. Please let's all move on as one.

Great performance and result, sooooo needed. Well done lads.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 2426 viewsartsbossbeard

A deserved win, agreed.

Let's be totally honest though, we should be doing that to every team in the league, every week.

It all kinda sunk in yesterday when we my Spurs season ticker holding mate was off to watch them v the mickey mousers and we're at home to Accrington bloody Stanley.

*shakes fist at Paul Hurst*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lambert is wrong saying anyone wants us to fail on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 2401 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is wrong saying anyone wants us to fail on 09:14 - Jan 12 by Dyland

Let's just get on with putting a run together and getting the hell out of this league. Odd comment from the manager, fans are just worried we may get stuck down in the third division. Odd that for someone who seems to have got the fan thing, to talk such nonsense. Please let's all move on as one.

Great performance and result, sooooo needed. Well done lads.

COYFB

Yep, agreed. Nobody wants to see us fail, we all want to get out of this league at the first go. Yesterday was a good performance and a much needed three points, but it will count for little if we don't build on it. From here on in we need to be maintaining that level of performance if not improving on it.

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:29 - Jan 12 with 2400 viewsChrisd

PL saying, 'people want him to fail', is utter nonsense. He makes a rod for his own back with his daft selections and various formation changes. He doesn't like it when people call him out and question how it should be. He then changes things, plays a more settled formation and side and look what happens, it's a miracle! He should've been listening a lot earlier instead of p*ssing about with the squad and that's what he doesn't like.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 2374 viewsChrisd

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 07:41 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

Four different goal scorers and four different players with assists. Could gave been 6 at half time and Norwood could have had a hat-trick by the 35th minute mark. Great way to bounce back.

I actually thought Huws was one of our lesser performers today but there's no doubt the quality he has and his presence in there makes all the difference. Not sure whether he'll start again Tuesday night though If anyone gets swapped out i expect it'll be Skuse for him.

Bit of a blessing the Nolan injury in hindsight. It's allowed us to get the balance in midfield right which has been key to the improved displays.

That midfield balance was spot on. Huws was everywhere yesterday, he looked a beast in there with Downes. They look a good combination with Judge or Bishop ahead of them.

Login to get fewer ads

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:34 - Jan 12 with 2362 viewsSomethingBlue

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:47 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

Go on, name them.

Doubt he was talking about fans so wouldn't take it personally but, in any case, it's best forgotten.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:35 - Jan 12 with 2362 viewsPJH

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:24 - Jan 12 by artsbossbeard

A deserved win, agreed.

Let's be totally honest though, we should be doing that to every team in the league, every week.

It all kinda sunk in yesterday when we my Spurs season ticker holding mate was off to watch them v the mickey mousers and we're at home to Accrington bloody Stanley.

*shakes fist at Paul Hurst*

Very level headed as always(well nearly always).

The first half was good yesterday and probably the best on the season but it should have been and should be the norm at this level not the exception.
Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 2350 viewsHerbivore

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:33 - Jan 12 by Chrisd

That midfield balance was spot on. Huws was everywhere yesterday, he looked a beast in there with Downes. They look a good combination with Judge or Bishop ahead of them.

I thought Huws bossed the midfield yesterday and played some cracking passes as well. His instinctive first time ball over the top for Norwood's goal with his weaker foot was a thing of beauty.

Lambert is wrong saying anyone wants us to fail on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 2359 viewsDyland

Lambert is wrong saying anyone wants us to fail on 09:28 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Yep, agreed. Nobody wants to see us fail, we all want to get out of this league at the first go. Yesterday was a good performance and a much needed three points, but it will count for little if we don't build on it. From here on in we need to be maintaining that level of performance if not improving on it.

Annoying comment from PL. People questioning the rotation and systems comments were doing so because we spent two months being largely ineffective. It was because we were failing. And because fans didn't want us to be failing. Odd he can't see that or chooses not to acknowledge it. Whatever. I would love us to get wind in our sails and cruise up the league, and if that's with Lambert as the captain, I'm super cool with that. Indeed, if we meet Norwich next season it would be funny if Lambert gets one over on them.

COYFB

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:38 - Jan 12 with 2335 viewsartsbossbeard

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:35 - Jan 12 by PJH

Very level headed as always(well nearly always).

The first half was good yesterday and probably the best on the season but it should have been and should be the norm at this level not the exception.

I remember many years ago under George when Swindon came to town and we were absolutely flying and they were near as dammit relegated.

Their players were simply shell shocked from the first minute, looked to limit the damage on the day and get away from the ground asap.

I was expecting much of the same this season and yesterday proved to me that this is possible.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:38 - Jan 12 with 2333 viewsChrisd

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:36 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

I thought Huws bossed the midfield yesterday and played some cracking passes as well. His instinctive first time ball over the top for Norwood's goal with his weaker foot was a thing of beauty.

A terrific finish by Norwood, probably the hardest chance out of the 3 he had in that first half. I really enjoyed our first goal, the passing and Woolfenden's overlapping run and cross to Jackson was a thing of beauty.

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:40 - Jan 12 with 2324 viewsGaryCooper

'RE: Lamberts comments, he isn’t wrong.... there’s people who want us to fail, won’t name no names.'

That is just chaff, yesterday was as it should be, how any decent manager would have had it as not to endure eight games without a win. We have not been unlucky during that run, we have been utter dross.
Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 2306 viewsDyland

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:34 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

Doubt he was talking about fans so wouldn't take it personally but, in any case, it's best forgotten.

You may be right, but he should choose his words more carefully. Shown himself good at that so can't be too difficult :)

Excellent result yesterday though. Hopefully we're back on track, and sounds like the performance was very solid, which is not true for much of the early season even though we were winning.

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:48 - Jan 12 with 2265 viewsMullet

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:42 - Jan 12 by Dyland

You may be right, but he should choose his words more carefully. Shown himself good at that so can't be too difficult :)

Excellent result yesterday though. Hopefully we're back on track, and sounds like the performance was very solid, which is not true for much of the early season even though we were winning.

There is also the small issue that Colman was absolutely apologetic and critical of them after the game, his contrasting manner to PL tells us a lot about the distance between both clubs. After all, all respect intended Stanley are doing brilliantly to even be at this level. Let alone the fact they felt they didn’t turn up at all and we certainly did.

It’s great it all finally came together, but it needs to stay this way and that hasn’t looked likely for months now. After all even Jewell had games like this!

I’m relieved it gives us confidence going into Oxford. If we must mix it with teams like this and them be serious rivals, then rolling as we have done is totally unacceptable. Added to that with Lambert’s bizarre attitude it’s a very confusing place we find ourselves in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 2245 viewsPJH

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:48 - Jan 12 by Mullet

There is also the small issue that Colman was absolutely apologetic and critical of them after the game, his contrasting manner to PL tells us a lot about the distance between both clubs. After all, all respect intended Stanley are doing brilliantly to even be at this level. Let alone the fact they felt they didn’t turn up at all and we certainly did.

It’s great it all finally came together, but it needs to stay this way and that hasn’t looked likely for months now. After all even Jewell had games like this!

I’m relieved it gives us confidence going into Oxford. If we must mix it with teams like this and them be serious rivals, then rolling as we have done is totally unacceptable. Added to that with Lambert’s bizarre attitude it’s a very confusing place we find ourselves in.

Yes, we should have a better idea of what yesterday's performance was actually worth after the Oxford game.

Yesterday cannot have done any harm whichever way you look at it but exactly how much good it has done we will know in due course.
Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:53 - Jan 12 with 2243 viewsMrTown

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 07:41 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

I agree about Nolan, could almost say the same in respect to Skuse’s knock. Has allowed Huws and Downes and Judge to become a triangle in that centre.

I hope that Lambert holds firm even when all are fit. Up to the non-starters to rip the shirt away from XI now.

12 points still to play for in January on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 2221 viewsDyland

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:48 - Jan 12 by Mullet

Let's see if we can maintain our form from two decent league performances. I have no idea if Lambert will start rotating again but regardless, maybe we've put the bad run behind us.

12 points still to play for in January on 10:01 - Jan 12 with 2194 viewsFunge

12 points still to play for in January on 09:57 - Jan 12 by Dyland

Let's see if we can maintain our form from two decent league performances. I have no idea if Lambert will start rotating again but regardless, maybe we've put the bad run behind us.

Hello Dyllers.

That's really the point, isn't it? Looks like we were terrific in the first half yesterday, and a good result against Oxford would go quite a long way towards helping forget the absolute dross we've endured over the last two months.
Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:04 - Jan 12 with 2178 viewsMrTown

Go on, name them.

They know who they are.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 10:06]

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:06 - Jan 12 with 2167 viewsHerbivore

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:04 - Jan 12 by MrTown

They know who they are.

Which non-fans want us to fail?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:06 - Jan 12 with 2165 viewsMrTown

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:06 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Which non-fans want us to fail?

You’re right front and centre of the list

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:07 - Jan 12 with 2149 viewsBluefish

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:04 - Jan 12 by MrTown

They know who they are.

Why are you so desperate not to answer the question?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024