Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Keane 08:24 - Feb 3 with 6589 viewsReuser_is_God

Decent touch & all that but is he the biggest fanny to have ever played for us?

If you chucked a baby out of a 10 storey building he’d bring it down on his thigh no problem but ask him to compete for a header & he sh1ts himself.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Will Keane on 13:19 - Feb 3 with 937 viewsShropshireBluenago09

He’s Just a sh!t Andy Carroll, sh!t Andy Carroll

Gus Uhlenbeek

Will Keane on 13:25 - Feb 3 with 926 viewsStokieBlue

Will Keane on 11:59 - Feb 3 by Keaneish

Norwood has been my first pick for a while and more so than ever. Keane has undoubted quality but we need to start working defensive lines harder. Norwood offers a lot more in that respect and when the chips are down, gambles and carries more threat plus his partnership with Jackson is better.

That said, Will Keane in the 10 role might be a better shout although I also think Judge benefits from the movement of Norwood and between them we move teams around a bit better.

All a bit depressing that we’re having these debates in Feb though.

I don't think we should persist with Judge anymore. He might be our best player in some positions but it's not working for him and he's only getting older. Give Bishop/Dobra/Keane a go in the AM role if we are going to persist with it.

Very little downside and far more upside.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will Keane on 16:08 - Feb 3 with 884 viewsitfcjoe

Norwood has been my first pick for a while and more so than ever. Keane has undoubted quality but we need to start working defensive lines harder. Norwood offers a lot more in that respect and when the chips are down, gambles and carries more threat plus his partnership with Jackson is better.

That said, Will Keane in the 10 role might be a better shout although I also think Judge benefits from the movement of Norwood and between them we move teams around a bit better.

I do like Keane, but L1 is a blood and thunder division of sh*thousery and that is Norwood's game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will Keane on 18:34 - Feb 3 with 838 viewstractorboy1978

Judge is a huge issue for us at the moment and an even bigger issue when Keane plays. He's not mobile enough in that central role off the front. He needs to be getting beyond the front two and when Keane plays he retreats deeper when Keane drops off rather than going past him.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 18:37]
Will Keane on 18:39 - Feb 3 with 826 viewsJDB23

Keane is a good player, he just isn't suited to our hoofball team. When we do play it into feet, there are no runners or options for him to give it to and so the attack just fizzles out.
Will Keane on 19:10 - Feb 3 with 808 viewstextbackup

Too many piss flaps in our squad and not enough grafters that are needed in this league.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will Keane on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 804 viewsDarth_Koont

Will Keane on 18:34 - Feb 3 by tractorboy1978

Judge is a huge issue for us at the moment and an even bigger issue when Keane plays. He's not mobile enough in that central role off the front. He needs to be getting beyond the front two and when Keane plays he retreats deeper when Keane drops off rather than going past him.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 18:37]

I think the bigger problem is that Judge likes dropping deep and wide into space. A) He's rarely near the strikers and closer to our back 3 and B) He takes up the space that the wingbacks or even the CBs could be moving into.

I like Judge's attitude and enthusiasm but I just don't think he helps us play unless our CMs have put us on top or we've taken a lead. He did similar as a wide player so seems it's not about being played out of position.

Although I will say that he's played in almost every game so I still can't be sure if he's part of the problem or part of the solution. It's the feeling of confusion looking at the team and individuals that's the biggest concern.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will Keane on 19:32 - Feb 3 with 778 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Absolute Rubbish. Lose two games and we get drivel like this.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Will Keane on 19:33 - Feb 3 with 778 viewsfinidi_whooah

I really do not understand what anyone sees in keane. He is a 27 year old forward who has only played 99 league games so far in his career. Scoring a total of 11 times or 0.11 goals per game! Now forgive me if i am wrong but are forwards not meant to score goals?
Will Keane on 19:37 - Feb 3 with 772 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Will Keane on 08:59 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

He is just really ineffective isn't he? I've voiced my opinion a few times, but I just don't see what it is that he brings us, yes he is neat and tidy but there isn't much else there.

And agree with RiG general point, one of the least brave players I've seen in a town shirt.

Just not true. He requires service.

Peterborough's biggest strength and weakness is they are gung ho. When its working they are terrific but they have dips as they leave themselves vulnerable. Bit the key thing is they score lots of goals so their strikers look like world beaters (and they are good). You put Keane in their team with how they play and he'd be on 15+ goals. Ditto Norwood and probably Jackson. It means they can sell them high and go again. Often they dont do as well when they move as other teams are a mpre balanced set up like us.

We have to get the balance slightly more offensive though to get the best out of the quality forwards we have.

Will Keane on 19:40 - Feb 3 with 764 viewsITFC_Forever

Will Keane on 19:33 - Feb 3 by finidi_whooah

I really do not understand what anyone sees in keane. He is a 27 year old forward who has only played 99 league games so far in his career. Scoring a total of 11 times or 0.11 goals per game! Now forgive me if i am wrong but are forwards not meant to score goals?

Yet another non-scoring striker we’ve signed.

We have a habit of collecting them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Will Keane on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 753 viewsDubtractor

Will Keane on 19:37 - Feb 3 by Terry_Nutkins

Just not true. He requires service.

Peterborough's biggest strength and weakness is they are gung ho. When its working they are terrific but they have dips as they leave themselves vulnerable. Bit the key thing is they score lots of goals so their strikers look like world beaters (and they are good). You put Keane in their team with how they play and he'd be on 15+ goals. Ditto Norwood and probably Jackson. It means they can sell them high and go again. Often they dont do as well when they move as other teams are a mpre balanced set up like us.

We have to get the balance slightly more offensive though to get the best out of the quality forwards we have.

With all due respect I disagree entirely. The way that Keane plays is utterly incomparable to Peterborough's forwards - and his career history offers no evidence whatsoever for your view.

Keane isn't fast, he isn't powerful, he has almost no aggression whatsoever. He is tidy on the ball and can pass OK, but he is not a player with the attributes to get 15 a season.

Just to add, I don't think he is a terrible player, he's actually looked useful coming on against tired teams, but he is mostly ineffective when played from the start.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:01]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will Keane on 19:53 - Feb 3 with 736 viewsgordon

Will Keane on 19:47 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

With all due respect I disagree entirely. The way that Keane plays is utterly incomparable to Peterborough's forwards - and his career history offers no evidence whatsoever for your view.

Keane isn't fast, he isn't powerful, he has almost no aggression whatsoever. He is tidy on the ball and can pass OK, but he is not a player with the attributes to get 15 a season.

Just to add, I don't think he is a terrible player, he's actually looked useful coming on against tired teams, but he is mostly ineffective when played from the start.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:01]

He's managed eleven league goals in his career so far, at the age of 27.
Will Keane on 22:31 - Feb 3 with 676 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Will Keane on 19:53 - Feb 3 by gordon

He's managed eleven league goals in his career so far, at the age of 27.

So we just ignore the reasons for that? His injury record is a completely different question to the one of his ability.

He's scores 9 in 35 for us with a significant chunk of that 35 being sub appearances. His 6 goals vs mins played likely has him most goals per min i would think. He scored for fun at Utd coming up through the youth levels and was expected to make it at Utd but injuries have spoilt his career which is a massive shame.

He's getting to the most fit he's probably been and his finishing is excellent. I have no doubt whatsoever he'd score more in a team set up like Peterborough. Peterborough have proven its not always the best approach over a season but it helps when you go to sell strikers/midfielders.

Will Keane on 23:32 - Feb 3 with 650 viewsbournemouthblue

It could be to do with his fragile injury record?

On paper he should be a handful in the air but he suffers from Jon Stead syndrome in that regard

We desperately could do with someone upfront who can assert themselves in the air

Over the last decade or two, this isn't a new problem, I can count three players in the last 15 years who did this for us

Shefki Kuqi, Alan Lee and Daryl Murphy

What we'd do for any of those three nowadays

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Will Keane on 04:23 - Feb 4 with 624 viewsharlingblue

Will Keane should be in the number 10 position, behind a front two, at the expense of Judge. He has excellent ball control on the ground, but can't head a ball, because he does not jump with conviction, but he could be the player to thread the special ball to a front two.
Judge just does not suit our team, he flits about like a schoolboy player, always chasing the ball, getting in the way of players and never holding his own position.
Surely this can be seen by our Management Team, if not I suggest that they get a part of their coaching team to watch a game from the upper tier of The Co-op Stand, you will have a great view of what is going wrong with our game.
They will also learn that having the whole team back to defend a corner, is novice coaching. When you could have a player of Jackson's pace on the half way line, any team would have two back to mark him, thus giving our team a numerious advantage of defending the corner? Oh what do I Know? I just pay my dues, and watch us lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024