Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault 23:43 - Feb 8 with 22356 viewskizaitfc

Needs to look over the last 15 years

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 23:49 - Feb 8 with 8081 viewsRyorry

I'll say one thing about him - at least he's shown he cares, unlike ME. And please don't quote ME's financial input back at me as some kind of evidence that he does care.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 00:46 - Feb 9 with 7994 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 23:49 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

I'll say one thing about him - at least he's shown he cares, unlike ME. And please don't quote ME's financial input back at me as some kind of evidence that he does care.

He cares about the fact that he's probably never going to get another job as a football manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:05 - Feb 9 with 7833 viewsm14_blue

At no other point in the last 15 years have we been in the third division, with one of the biggest budgets in the league and, at least on paper, one of the most talented squads.

Rotherham and Wycombe are the top two ffs.

If we don’t go up this season then yes, I’ll blame Lambert and Lambert alone.
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:08 - Feb 9 with 7821 viewsSwailsey

It is also Evans. But Lambert is the worst manager we have ever had.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:30 - Feb 9 with 7768 viewsChrisd

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:05 - Feb 9 by m14_blue

At no other point in the last 15 years have we been in the third division, with one of the biggest budgets in the league and, at least on paper, one of the most talented squads.

Give it a rest about the squad. Finishing bottom of the Championship with a couple of additions doesn’t suddenly make us world beaters. Too much delusion by some about the ability of our side. In fact, it’s a disservice to the other teams in L1 who are ahead of us. They’ve shown over the season - so far - their squads are ‘collectively’ better and have the appetite to want to succeed.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:35 - Feb 9 with 7750 viewsChrisd

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:30 - Feb 9 by Chrisd

Give it a rest about the squad. Finishing bottom of the Championship with a couple of additions doesn’t suddenly make us world beaters. Too much delusion by some about the ability of our side. In fact, it’s a disservice to the other teams in L1 who are ahead of us. They’ve shown over the season - so far - their squads are ‘collectively’ better and have the appetite to want to succeed.

Wake up and smell the coffee Herbivore. Just in complete denial.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 7741 viewsm14_blue

Well then the manager should have used his sizeable budget to build a better one shouldn’t he?
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 7732 viewsElephantintheRoom

Granted Town have been on a steep downward curve under Evans... but what if anything has Lambert shown to suggest he is anything other than a shallow PR manager?

His signings in January last year were risible - and have largely been since, other than the open goal of Vincent-Young - and even he came at the second time of asking. Do managers set out to buy or loan rubbish players- or is there some strange compulsion that they have to make signings to appease intolerant fans? Is Town the sort of club even vaguely talented players want to come to any more?

Personally, given how appalling Town were last year - far worse than Rotherham remember, that we have to wait a year or two before becomeing too indignant

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:53 - Feb 9 with 7694 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 00:46 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

He cares about the fact that he's probably never going to get another job as a football manager.

That's why he was shrewd enough to persuade the clueless Evans to give him a 5 year contract. Dumb and dumber?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 09:11 - Feb 9 with 7614 viewsmonty_radio

It's surely right to point to our overall current position as a owner/insufficient investment/poor management problem. But if you can go away to one of the strongest teams in the league and play them off the park for 45 minutes, then fold like a pack of cards when they come back at you, then in micro terms, it's a team/manager problem.

The lack of a hold-up player for when the going gets tough has been clear to everyone, but we bought Norwood and sold Harrison. When Nolan begins to pressed back, and preferably in half-time anticipation of it, bring on Huws. Clearly we lack the robustness for the hardened pro's of this league, but did nothing about it in the summer beyond Wilson. That type of talent isn't expensive, but it seems the managerial talent to know when to stick or twist is.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 09:33 - Feb 9 with 7513 viewsBackToRussia

It's clearly his fault, tho not to the same degree as ME. Still, lots of failure for everyone to take their share of here.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 09:38 - Feb 9 with 7494 viewsstopmoaning

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 08:05 - Feb 9 by m14_blue

I agree
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:07 - Feb 9 with 7319 viewsNo9

Indeed last Town manager to achieve more than 40% win ratio was BFJ
All others fall into the 'Not Good Enough' category
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 7309 viewspointofblue

You’re saying our squad is worse than Wycombe’s?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 7307 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 23:49 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

He is paid to care, it's his job. I'm not sure he particularly does either, it has all the hallmarks of someone on their last payday.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:11 - Feb 9 with 7296 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I certainly think he is certainly an incompetent manager, having said that, I think it’s a wheel of incompetence with Lambert, players, Evans, O’Neill all spinning.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 7290 viewspointofblue

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:09 - Feb 9 by BackToRussia

He is paid to care, it's his job. I'm not sure he particularly does either, it has all the hallmarks of someone on their last payday.

He probably cared at the beginning but this job was boom or bust for him. Leading Ipswich to a mid-table finish in League One is hardly going to increase his stake with other clubs. After failures at Wolves, Blackburn and Stoke plus his time at Villa finishing with a whimper his managerial career is currently hanging by a thread.

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:13 - Feb 9 with 7285 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:09 - Feb 9 by pointofblue

You’re saying our squad is worse than Wycombe’s?

I don’t think the squad is as good as people think.

Especially considering some of our better talent are in the treatment room.

But if you scroll through our squad it screams average League 1 to me.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:21 - Feb 9 with 7266 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:12 - Feb 9 by pointofblue

He probably cared at the beginning but this job was boom or bust for him. Leading Ipswich to a mid-table finish in League One is hardly going to increase his stake with other clubs. After failures at Wolves, Blackburn and Stoke plus his time at Villa finishing with a whimper his managerial career is currently hanging by a thread.

His public attitude is shocking imo. He carries himself like a moody teenager who's been told to get over himself, sarcy responses, getting into arguments with people on his side. He can fook off now into the history bin with Keane and all the other farking Pauls.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:24 - Feb 9 with 7247 viewspointofblue

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:13 - Feb 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think the squad is as good as people think.

Especially considering some of our better talent are in the treatment room.

But if you scroll through our squad it screams average League 1 to me.

I think, squad wise, central midfield is one of the best in League One and defence is at least in the top six; where we have issues is width and up front which shows when we struggle to create or take chances. But I still think we’re better than seventh.

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 7170 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:24 - Feb 9 by pointofblue

I think, squad wise, central midfield is one of the best in League One and defence is at least in the top six; where we have issues is width and up front which shows when we struggle to create or take chances. But I still think we’re better than seventh.

I'm astonished that people think our squad is better than our current position. With the exception of Wolfenden they are League 1 players at best. Wolfenden will go in the summer regardless of whether we somehow manage to scrape through the play offs.
The really bad news is that this is a very poor quality league. Physical strength, determination and organisation are going to be good enough to win it and we're still someway off challenging for the top places. Depressing times
Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 13:18 - Feb 9 with 7146 viewsDanTheMan

Evans and Lambert and both to blame for this absolutely shocking state of affairs. Lambert for the short term and Evans for the long term.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 7113 viewsGarv

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:21 - Feb 9 by BackToRussia

His public attitude is shocking imo. He carries himself like a moody teenager who's been told to get over himself, sarcy responses, getting into arguments with people on his side. He can fook off now into the history bin with Keane and all the other farking Pauls.

And yet all the others you’ve mentioned there never showed a jot of care for the club. They could have at least feigned it like you seem to think Lambert does, but they didn’t.

I’ve said before I respect Lambert more than I like him, because you’re right he doesn’t have a great public persona and I suspect he’s much more likeable and impressive behind the scenes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 13:29 - Feb 9 with 7094 viewsRyorry

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 12:09 - Feb 9 by BackToRussia

You're extremely cynical, he's shown way more than the "paid to care" accusation (which could have been much more justifiably applied to a couple of our previous managers).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone that's thinks this is Lamberts fault on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 7081 viewsPecker

IT IS HIS CLUB. GET USE TO IT.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024