Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63647 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 2887 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:15 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Swap drugs for alcohol in your argument. What's the difference?

What argument?

I'm having a chat and offering some experiences of my own.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 2886 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 19:58 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not arguing. You stated "If you put a GP in the way who will log your "prescription" then you are handing the market back to the dealers."

I merely questioned that by saying, "Would you go for a pure, doctor prescribed drug or buy something you don't know what it's been cut with"?

I'm questioning why, in your scenario, would people go "back to the dealers" for the inferior stuff?

Not sure what you're getting uppity about, it's a fair point no?

Quite simple really. We are talking about recreational use here and not addicts, this is essentially what the thread is about.

People wouldn't want to be logged as a coke user by going through a GP and GP's wouldn't be able to cope anyway. Also, you are surmising that you will be getting high quality coke through legal channels but I'm not sure you would, it may be clean but it doesn't follow that it is potent, it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade. Being able to go to Boots for a recreational user is a start but dealers would probably up their anti by reducing the price and reducing the cutting.

It isn't as simple as you think it will be.

Edit; Where am I getting uppity? I'm one of the few that aren't.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 20:18]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2880 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:02 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

where have i claimed to have an answer? legalising non-class a drugs may well be part of it in terms of policing. but legalising class a would just make matters far worse.

"Legalising class a would just make matters far worse."

I presume you have some evidence to back this up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:19 - Feb 18 with 2861 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:03 - Feb 18 by sparks

1- who decides what is recreational?
2- Do you agree that there is no commonly used Class A which is strictly recreational and without geneuine risk of serious addiction or physical harm?
3- If you would stop sale of cheap alcohol- isnt that entirely contrary to your legalisation argument? People will make cheap alcohol. Its not difficult.
4- Does that mean that the recreational drugs must not be cheap as well?

4 straight questions. I am expecting evasion rather than answers.

All of these points fit with alcohol.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 2855 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:16 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Quite simple really. We are talking about recreational use here and not addicts, this is essentially what the thread is about.

People wouldn't want to be logged as a coke user by going through a GP and GP's wouldn't be able to cope anyway. Also, you are surmising that you will be getting high quality coke through legal channels but I'm not sure you would, it may be clean but it doesn't follow that it is potent, it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade. Being able to go to Boots for a recreational user is a start but dealers would probably up their anti by reducing the price and reducing the cutting.

Well exactly. The strength made available wouldn't be akin to what some people are used to.

And no GP is going to spend his/her day prescribing recreational drugs.

It's stupid beyond belief that anyone has even thought this as an option.

That's not to dismiss legalising as an option, but proper solutions are not going to involve the local doctors' surgery.

Feck me, you have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment when you're ill around half of the country!

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 2854 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:17 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

"Legalising class a would just make matters far worse."

I presume you have some evidence to back this up?

Class A drugs are readily available in every town and city in Britain. The police are not chasing users so what will change, apart from quality and with that, safety?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:22 - Feb 18 with 2848 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:13 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Nope, not obvious at all. You're just making that up. And taking the opposite view to me, surprise surprise.

Do people look to buy bootleg booze because it's cheaper than going to the pub?

Your argument makes no sense. Having a line of coke could just be like having a pint of beer. There's absolutely no reason to put these price barriers in the way.

Yes they do - there is a growing problem with off licences selling bootleg alcohol at cheap prices

We seem to be talking at cross purposes - the comments about desperate addicts are clearly in respect of substances like crack and heroin rather than bugle. Your average recreational middle class user would get them from an approved source if available, I agree. But in a world where drugs are legal in the UK there will absolutely still be an illegal trade
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 20:22]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:23 - Feb 18 with 2832 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:19 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

All of these points fit with alcohol.

You keep mentioning alcohol as though you're making some point.

The thread is about drugs legislation.

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:23 - Feb 18 with 2831 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:03 - Feb 18 by jeera

Ok, fair enough, ta.

But surely it's safe to assume doctors have better things to do than to be prescribing recreational drugs so that's a no go.

The only time the local surgery will be involved will be to recommend and refer to drug programmes for addicts. They're not qualified to deal with those kind of patients on a weekly basis but there's people who are.

So the docs are out of the picture beyond that.

Which leaves buying [legalised] drugs from government approved sources, which may well include chemists such as Boots. It would have to be regulated carefully so safe to say that Roys and Wilkos won't be having their own dedicated aisles.

In India, you can only purchase Bhang from government sponsored outlets so perhaps it would be a bit like that.

Quantities would need to be tightly controlled though to stop people selling them on to others who aren't supposed to have them.

Yeah sounds reasonable enough.

I'm not really sure why cocaine, for example, should be any different to alcohol. You could go in coke bars where they provide you with a flat surface and a cut down straw.

There's no obvious reason to me why alcohol is legal and cocaine isn't, apart from history. The effect is fairly similar.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 2822 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:08 - Feb 18 by footers

Just seems many on this thread are happy picking holes but very light on providing alternative solutions to a serious problem.

Drug use is already effectively decriminalised thanks to Tory policing cuts, same as the burglary which often accompanies it.

What do we do, aside from keeping things as they are- that is my question. How about the introduction of safe drug consumption rooms as a starter for ten? Needle exchanges are already widely available, so perhaps limiting subsequent health and community issues?

By some people's logic even effective alternative therapies such as methadone should be barred since you can get them from a chemist and they are an opiate produced by a pharma company, which is obviously well mad, innit.

All good points.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 2817 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:21 - Feb 18 by jeera

Well exactly. The strength made available wouldn't be akin to what some people are used to.

That's not to dismiss legalising as an option, but proper solutions are not going to involve the local doctors' surgery.

Feck me, you have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment when you're ill around half of the country!

Thanks Christ for that Jeera

Someone who isn't living on another planet.

Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 2805 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:23 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah sounds reasonable enough.

I'm not really sure why cocaine, for example, should be any different to alcohol. You could go in coke bars where they provide you with a flat surface and a cut down straw.

There's no obvious reason to me why alcohol is legal and cocaine isn't, apart from history. The effect is fairly similar.

Dunno but the last time I looked my doctor wasn't offering any prescriptions for alcohol.

I have to buy it from licensed premises so that's the angle you need to take.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 2797 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:11 - Feb 18 by jeera

To answer that booze bootlegging was massive for many years.

To the point that it was being blamed for pubs closing down all over the place through lost sales.

Right now though? I honestly have no idea where I'd buy some hooky beer. Meanwhile I have a Tescos 5 minutes away...

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:28 - Feb 18 with 2794 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:24 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks Christ for that Jeera

Someone who isn't living on another planet.

Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about.

Oh don't get me wrong.

If these guys can find a doctors who offer all these things I'll be looking to register there myself in no time.

I do hope red wine is available on prescription too.

I might even take up smoking again too if they can help me out.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:29 - Feb 18 with 2787 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:16 - Feb 18 by jeera

What argument?

I'm having a chat and offering some experiences of my own.

Point then, if you don't like the word argument. What's the difference between what you've said about drugs and alcohol?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:39 - Feb 18 with 2778 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:16 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

You are putting in barriers that don't need to be there. Why on earth would the coke NOT be potent? Why would it not be pharmaceutical grade? Surely if it's not cut with rat poison it's going to be better not worse? Why do we even need regular GPs? It could be new, Recreational Drug GPs, which means the creation of jobs.

People aren't "logged" as an alcohol user when they go to the pub. You're putting in so many caveats to win an argument that don't need to be there.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:44 - Feb 18 with 2770 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:21 - Feb 18 by jeera

"The strength made available wouldn't be akin to what some people are used to."

Why?!

Like Lucan, you're putting in caveats and barriers that don't need to be there.

Do you have any evidence of why pure cocaine from a government registered outlet would have a less good effect than something cut with rat poison from a street dealer?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:45 - Feb 18 with 2767 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:21 - Feb 18 by noggin

Class A drugs are readily available in every town and city in Britain. The police are not chasing users so what will change, apart from quality and with that, safety?

Another excellent point. Cheers Nogs.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:46 - Feb 18 with 2765 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:39 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

You are putting in barriers that don't need to be there. Why on earth would the coke NOT be potent? Why would it not be pharmaceutical grade? Surely if it's not cut with rat poison it's going to be better not worse? Why do we even need regular GPs? It could be new, Recreational Drug GPs, which means the creation of jobs.

People aren't "logged" as an alcohol user when they go to the pub. You're putting in so many caveats to win an argument that don't need to be there.

No I'm not, I am talking grown up talk.

Pharmaceutical grade? Do you think the layman can handle this? Do you have any idea what you are talking about here?

New, Recreational Drug GPs, which means the creation of jobs? Who is paying for these cocaine dispensers?

FFS

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:49 - Feb 18 with 2755 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:22 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes they do - there is a growing problem with off licences selling bootleg alcohol at cheap prices

We seem to be talking at cross purposes - the comments about desperate addicts are clearly in respect of substances like crack and heroin rather than bugle. Your average recreational middle class user would get them from an approved source if available, I agree. But in a world where drugs are legal in the UK there will absolutely still be an illegal trade
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 20:22]

"there is a growing problem with off licences selling bootleg alcohol at cheap prices"

Have you got some evidence for this? I have no idea where to buy cheap bootleg alcohol. I know exactly where to score illegal drugs though.

I don't see why drugs couldn't be the same as alcohol - very little illegal trade and sold on most high streets.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:50 - Feb 18 with 2750 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:46 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

No I'm not, I am talking grown up talk.

Pharmaceutical grade? Do you think the layman can handle this? Do you have any idea what you are talking about here?

New, Recreational Drug GPs, which means the creation of jobs? Who is paying for these cocaine dispensers?

FFS

"Me hip's killing me doc - I dunno, I reckon you'll have to put me down for that replacement surgery".

"Whilst I'm here, can you sort me out a bag of speed doc?"

You know it makes sense.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:51 - Feb 18 with 2745 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:23 - Feb 18 by jeera

You keep mentioning alcohol as though you're making some point.

The thread is about drugs legislation.

If you can't see the correlation I can't help you. Alcohol is a drug that just happens to be legal. I don't see a difference other than the legality.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:53 - Feb 18 with 2733 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:26 - Feb 18 by jeera

Dunno but the last time I looked my doctor wasn't offering any prescriptions for alcohol.

I have to buy it from licensed premises so that's the angle you need to take.

You're obfuscating. Stick to the point.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:53 - Feb 18 with 2731 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:44 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

"The strength made available wouldn't be akin to what some people are used to."

Why?!

Like Lucan, you're putting in caveats and barriers that don't need to be there.

Do you have any evidence of why pure cocaine from a government registered outlet would have a less good effect than something cut with rat poison from a street dealer?

" a government registered outlet "

Hold on a second. I suggested that.

You were on about GPs. I was going with your angle about GPs - which is so ridiculous you should by now be laughing along, not arguing.

The government sponsored units in India I mentioned were actually advertising 3 strengths of drink outside their doors on chalkboards.

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:54 - Feb 18 with 2722 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:28 - Feb 18 by jeera

Oh don't get me wrong.

If these guys can find a doctors who offer all these things I'll be looking to register there myself in no time.

I do hope red wine is available on prescription too.

I might even take up smoking again too if they can help me out.

People are getting hung up on doctors. It doesn't need to be your regular GP surgery.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024