Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63651 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:41 - Feb 18 with 2460 viewsfooters

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:35 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

so purdue pharma should be allowed to market oxycontin even more aggressively - roll up, roll up, no prescription required. you'd let them sell it to anyone who wants it and let them buy as much as they want?

i thought the opoid crisis in the us was a very bad thing and was the result of pharma companies pushing addictive drugs without adequate controls or effective legal restrictions - but you actually want to relax the law further and let them push whatever they want to anyone who'll buy it. including addicts. nice.

Calm down. We're talking about drugs which are currently illegal and the best way to treat those who already have addiction. What you've done there is a big whoopsie and extrapolated a whole nightmare from my sweet little dream. Have a Horlicks, or a spliff :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 2454 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:37 - Feb 18 by WeWereZombies

I do wonder that if you changed drugs being freely available to guns being freely available how many posters in this thread would instantly change sides.

If I was in the country when drugs are made fully available - not that I will be - then I would want guns available too so I could defend myself and mine from the already-imbecilic unfortunates rendered even more insensible and mad by their regular dose of super skunk they get on allowance from Boots.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 14:44]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:45 - Feb 18 with 2443 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:14 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Was it? I thought it case across a bit narky.

Technically I'm for decriminalising class A's but it has its downsides. At the moment people have to approach a dealer and risk getting arrested, these two things put people off.

Do I want my grandson when he grows up to be able to walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin because he wants to see what the fuss is about? I'm not sure I do.

The answer is that there is no answer and both sides have genuine arguments.

It was a bit 'narky' as a response to the ignorance being posted. Much as with your guff

"walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin"

Who on earth would ever be advocating that !

Addiction, be it heroin or tobacco, is not going to stop simply by making the drug difficult to obtain. So far better that addiction be dealt with as a health concern. not regarded as a criminal act. Therefore what is needed would be supplied through the same methods as is currently done with all other prescribed medecines - with all the incumbent benefits to society.

With regard t orecreational drugs we are already seeing through decriminalisation a more responsible attitude. In Spain you can register with growers who supply cannabis.. The days of 'solid' are ever diminishing. Festivals are now offering checks on drugs.

Seperate the attitude towards addiction and recreaction and we might start to progress towards a more sane approach..

Sadly, as long as folk imagine that you would be able to freely buy presription drugs over the counter we have a long way to go.
If you buy illegal drugs on 14:48 - Feb 18 with 2426 viewsgiant_stow

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:34 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

Did I say that? I don't believe I did. Here is what I think though; I am sure there are lots of other *potential* ways to stop or reduce drugs based harm to communities but for me people not buying them in the first place - the vast majority of whom are not addicted btw and do it for fun - is a *highly highly likely* way to stop or reduce it because a large part of the market won't be there anymore.
Another way to perhaps do it is to enforce drug laws properly and in full unlike for instance, Durham Police do.
People (not you) get soooooo very angry at me for stating this simple thing.

No, you're right I don't get angry at your opinion, but do believe you're barking up the wrong tree.

I reckon your 'angels dancing on a head' implies that your simple request is the only answer though - you may not have explicitly said this, but the implication is clear.

I could equally say: "Look at all the angels dancing on a pin in this thread in response to a very simple request: legalise certain drugs because of what prohibition does to communities/society.”

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:49 - Feb 18 with 2416 viewslowhouseblue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:41 - Feb 18 by footers

Calm down. We're talking about drugs which are currently illegal and the best way to treat those who already have addiction. What you've done there is a big whoopsie and extrapolated a whole nightmare from my sweet little dream. Have a Horlicks, or a spliff :)

i'm giving you an example of something that every sane person agrees is very bad - the opiod crisis in the us. everyone agrees that the drug companies should be held responsible for supplying highly addictive drugs to drug addicts. but you instead want to make it entirely legal for drug companies to supply class a drugs to drug addicts. do you not see the inconsistency?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 2419 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:45 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

It was a bit 'narky' as a response to the ignorance being posted. Much as with your guff

Addiction, be it heroin or tobacco, is not going to stop simply by making the drug difficult to obtain. So far better that addiction be dealt with as a health concern. not regarded as a criminal act. Therefore what is needed would be supplied through the same methods as is currently done with all other prescribed medecines - with all the incumbent benefits to society.

With regard t orecreational drugs we are already seeing through decriminalisation a more responsible attitude. In Spain you can register with growers who supply cannabis.. The days of 'solid' are ever diminishing. Festivals are now offering checks on drugs.

Seperate the attitude towards addiction and recreaction and we might start to progress towards a more sane approach..

Sadly, as long as folk imagine that you would be able to freely buy presription drugs over the counter we have a long way to go.

If that *isnt* the case after our metaphorical legalisation then there will still be a thriving black market run by criminals. Basically very little will have changed. I specifically talk several times ITT about people who take drugs for fun not addicts.

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 2415 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:35 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

so purdue pharma should be allowed to market oxycontin even more aggressively - roll up, roll up, no prescription required. you'd let them sell it to anyone who wants it and let them buy as much as they want?

i thought the opoid crisis in the us was a very bad thing and was the result of pharma companies pushing addictive drugs without adequate controls or effective legal restrictions - but you actually want to relax the law further and let them push whatever they want to anyone who'll buy it. including addicts. nice.

Where on earth has he said any of that?

You realise it is possible to legalise drugs but still have controls on them?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 2415 viewsgiant_stow

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:40 - Feb 18 by sparks

Not what anyone has said. Extraordinary that you are still reaching for ways to avoid just addressing the discomfort.

Bullers, I can't make my lack of discomfort any clearer. My hands are clean.

I also note that unlike your normal debating style, you've not dealt with my points about my not contributing to an unhealthy market.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 2408 viewsBrixtonBlue

I do wonder that if you changed drugs being freely available to guns being freely available how many posters in this thread would instantly change sides.

It's an entirely different debate!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:53 - Feb 18 with 2402 viewslowhouseblue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:51 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Where on earth has he said any of that?

You realise it is possible to legalise drugs but still have controls on them?

so how do you stop addicts buying them if they are legal?

if you do stop addicts buying them legally, where will they buy them instead?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 2393 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:53 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

so how do you stop addicts buying them if they are legal?

if you do stop addicts buying them legally, where will they buy them instead?

Where did I say anything about stopping them? I said control. You are looking at it in a very simplistic black and white way.

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 2390 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:40 - Feb 18 by sparks

Not what anyone has said. Extraordinary that you are still reaching for ways to avoid just addressing the discomfort.

Extraordinary that you are still avoiding Herbi's points.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:01 - Feb 18 with 2380 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:48 - Feb 18 by giant_stow

No, you're right I don't get angry at your opinion, but do believe you're barking up the wrong tree.

I reckon your 'angels dancing on a head' implies that your simple request is the only answer though - you may not have explicitly said this, but the implication is clear.

I could equally say: "Look at all the angels dancing on a pin in this thread in response to a very simple request: legalise certain drugs because of what prohibition does to communities/society.”

My remark was about people desperately tying themselves into knots when this argument arises. You haven't done this, you consider your conscience clear.
You're right im sure that there are plenty of arguments for legalisation. All I say is all I say; don't buy illegal drugs.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:02 - Feb 18 with 2378 viewsWeWereZombies

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:43 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

If I was in the country when drugs are made fully available - not that I will be - then I would want guns available too so I could defend myself and mine from the already-imbecilic unfortunates rendered even more insensible and mad by their regular dose of super skunk they get on allowance from Boots.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 14:44]

What I was hoping that an astute poster might pick up the question of positive or negative freedom and run with that. To flesh it out a bit, positive freedom can be seen as the freedom to do as you please and negative freedom as the right to be left alone should everyone else be wildly doing as they please. The libertarian philosopher Robert Nozick perhaps managed to combine both senses of freedom when he stated 'My property rights in my knife allow me to leave it where I will, but not in your chest'. He was at least prepared to have one restriction placed upon him in that instance.

But the availability and display of weaponry do have an adverse effect on the society that allows that to take place, and I can run with your viewpoint to some extent by applying that thinking to Class A drugs. For every seemingly impervious Keith Richards (actually not impervious but just astonishingly calculating) there are hundreds of dead heroin users even though their usage has been far less. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, a black market in drugs is an unregulated market - if you are Keef then you get unadulterated and top quality smack (and never catch a cold) but those impoverished addicts with less pull get a bad deal sooner or later and become a statistic.

No easy answers but to allow free access to truly dangerous drugs (this never used to apply to cannabis but recent decades haves seen even that innocuous herb degraded) is heartless, but it is also heartless to cut adrift those who get caught up in addiction (whether that be to drugs, including nicotine, alcohol or gambling).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:03 - Feb 18 with 2377 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:01 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

My remark was about people desperately tying themselves into knots when this argument arises. You haven't done this, you consider your conscience clear.
You're right im sure that there are plenty of arguments for legalisation. All I say is all I say; don't buy illegal drugs.

That is all you do isn't it? Just keep saying your phrase and don't bother learning what people with more knowledge are telling you.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:04 - Feb 18 with 2369 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:03 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

That is all you do isn't it? Just keep saying your phrase and don't bother learning what people with more knowledge are telling you.

They don't have more knowledge as far as I can tell, just different opinions. As you know, opinions can't be right or wrong.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 2367 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:58 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Extraordinary that you are still avoiding Herbi's points.

Herbivore has never made a decent point in the time he has been on here.

More to the point, I have had him on the div list, literally for years, and have no intention of changing that. Have no idea what fallacious obsessive nonsense he is offering today. I generally only see his obsessive compulsive downvotes.

Why can you not simlpy accept that creating the market is creating harm- but that you are okay with a bit of collateral damage for your own gratification? Because that's the nub of it. Its an uncomfortable choice we all make in a number of contexts. Just acknowledge it rather than dancing around it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:18 - Feb 18 with 2326 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:05 - Feb 18 by sparks

More to the point, I have had him on the div list, literally for years, and have no intention of changing that. Have no idea what fallacious obsessive nonsense he is offering today. I generally only see his obsessive compulsive downvotes.

Why can you not simlpy accept that creating the market is creating harm- but that you are okay with a bit of collateral damage for your own gratification? Because that's the nub of it. Its an uncomfortable choice we all make in a number of contexts. Just acknowledge it rather than dancing around it.

I have him on the div list and get the downvotes too Bullers. I consider them tribute. Delicious tears from my pathetic manbaby paypig.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 2322 viewsleitrimblue

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:34 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

Did I say that? I don't believe I did. Here is what I think though; I am sure there are lots of other *potential* ways to stop or reduce drugs based harm to communities but for me people not buying them in the first place - the vast majority of whom are not addicted btw and do it for fun - is a *highly highly likely* way to stop or reduce it because a large part of the market won't be there anymore.
Another way to perhaps do it is to enforce drug laws properly and in full unlike for instance, Durham Police do.
People (not you) get soooooo very angry at me for stating this simple thing.

I agree, it's time for the lazy stoner's of twtd to take responsibility and start growing their own
If you buy illegal drugs on 15:22 - Feb 18 with 2319 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:05 - Feb 18 by sparks

I don't use illegal drugs so I'm not dancing around anything. We all know feeding the market is a bad thing - however, as Herbi has shown with facts (not fallacious nonsense), Chico's war against middle-class recreational use doesn't address the wider issue, and in fact if all these people stopped tomorrow it would only make a small dent in the county lines problem.

If you want to avoid the facts that's your business.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:24 - Feb 18 with 2308 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:22 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

I don't use illegal drugs so I'm not dancing around anything. We all know feeding the market is a bad thing - however, as Herbi has shown with facts (not fallacious nonsense), Chico's war against middle-class recreational use doesn't address the wider issue, and in fact if all these people stopped tomorrow it would only make a small dent in the county lines problem.

So....it *would* make a "small dent"? Good. Got to start somewhere.

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:32 - Feb 18 with 2282 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:22 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

What facts do you claim I am ignoring, in my very simple narrow point (the force of which you and others are determined to avoid addressing)?

Be specific.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:33 - Feb 18 with 2273 viewsHerbivore

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:47 - Feb 18 with 2251 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:50 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

If that *isnt* the case after our metaphorical legalisation then there will still be a thriving black market run by criminals. Basically very little will have changed. I specifically talk several times ITT about people who take drugs for fun not addicts.

Blimey, you get sillier by the hour... if that is possible

Why would someone want to buy something off the black market when they can get it for free ?

It is patently clear that you have little idea about this other than some addiction to trying to provoke an argument.

As said by footlose chap why not have a spliff and relax a bit

You and the other rightwing loons on here are only over exciting yourselves in this crusade against reasoned thought. If you are not careful you will push your blood pressure up - then need pills for that

Something you would have us believe there was a black market in. As why would someone get drugs prescribed to them for free when they can buy them expensively on the black market ?

Chicken's knowledge of drugs

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:52 - Feb 18 with 2238 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:32 - Feb 18 by sparks

What facts do you claim I am ignoring, in my very simple narrow point (the force of which you and others are determined to avoid addressing)?

Be specific.

By ignoring Herbi you're ignoring the facts he's posting, was all I was saying. That's fine, stay in ignorance if you want. It just makes your points look a bit daft.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024