Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where we are is painful 20:07 - Feb 23 with 2568 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you're old You've seen Europe. League and cup wins

If your middle aged. You've seen Europe. Shock Orem finish and play off excitement

Yesturday we lost 0-1 at HOME to Oxford in league 1.
Fken Oxford. League 1 and we aren't even fighting for top two and may even finish in the 2nd half of the league at this rate.

What a sht time to support Ipswich

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Where we are is painful on 20:12 - Feb 23 with 2521 viewsfooters

What was the last thing that made you excited as a Towen supporter? Play-offs? Cup game with the Arse? I'm scratching here.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Where we are is painful on 20:13 - Feb 23 with 2522 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Going to be even worse very soon under the current ownership. We'll never move forward with Evans in charge.

Downes and Woolfenden to leave this summer and replaced by out of contract League One and Two's freebies and loanees. So things will keep going down south.
Where we are is painful on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 2512 viewsFrimleyBlue

Where we are is painful on 20:12 - Feb 23 by footers

What was the last thing that made you excited as a Towen supporter? Play-offs? Cup game with the Arse? I'm scratching here.

Honestly.

I was rather excited when Mick left thinking ok we can try something new. Got a good squad that Mick built. Average budget but some good youngsters to compliment the rest.

Then we got fken Hurst. Lost 44 goals and have ended up where we are.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Where we are is painful on 20:20 - Feb 23 with 2481 viewsfooters

Where we are is painful on 20:16 - Feb 23 by FrimleyBlue

Honestly.

I was rather excited when Mick left thinking ok we can try something new. Got a good squad that Mick built. Average budget but some good youngsters to compliment the rest.

I'd agree with that actually. Was never a Mick-outer so to speak but felt his time had come, for us and for him. When we parted ways and Evans spoke out it felt like the pressure had lifted and we were going on to better things. Oh deary me.

What happens next is anyone's guess. But another term in League One seems the most likely. Blimey.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Where we are is painful on 20:24 - Feb 23 with 2459 viewsMelford

Giving it large at Carrot Road for about 10 minutes before they scored that last-kick equaliser.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Where we are is painful on 20:45 - Feb 23 with 2413 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah but do we have to have this ‘the worlds ending’ after every loss these days? Plus I saw the cup wins and I’m only 53 which I’m not counting as that old yet!
Ps we have been outclassed by Lincoln, Exeter and Stevenage to name just three in the last few years already so oxford, while another regrettable,one isn’t even the pits I’m afraid.
Where we are is painful on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 2252 viewsGarv

Where we are is painful on 20:16 - Feb 23 by FrimleyBlue

Honestly.

Our squad was awful, could only play one way, and Hurst made it worse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Where we are is painful on 22:44 - Feb 23 with 2245 viewsSuperblue95

I’ve got some creams for that if you need them? Crabs are a horrible thing

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Where we are is painful on 22:45 - Feb 23 with 2243 viewsTrumptonBlue

But if you're old, you've also seen us lose at home to Oxford before.
Where we are is painful on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 2234 viewsHerbivore

Where we are is painful on 22:43 - Feb 23 by Garv

Our squad was awful, could only play one way, and Hurst made it worse.

Our squad had just finished between Norwich and Sheffield United.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where we are is painful on 23:02 - Feb 23 with 2177 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Isn’t going to get much better unfortunately,

Going to be another turgid decade.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Where we are is painful on 23:40 - Feb 23 with 2115 viewsGarv

Where we are is painful on 22:46 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Our squad had just finished between Norwich and Sheffield United.

Credit to Mick, I don't think many managers would have done so well position wise.

To revise my point a little, perhaps in terms of personnel it wasn't awful, but I do get the feeling they had a way of playing and getting points so ingrained in them that almost anyone coming in would have struggled.

I never felt the boast that Mick's teams struggled after he left them was something to shout about.

Where we are is painful on 00:52 - Feb 24 with 2048 viewsBlueBadger

Where we are is painful on 20:20 - Feb 23 by footers

I'd agree with that actually. Was never a Mick-outer so to speak but felt his time had come, for us and for him. When we parted ways and Evans spoke out it felt like the pressure had lifted and we were going on to better things. Oh deary me.

What happens next is anyone's guess. But another term in League One seems the most likely. Blimey.

If it helps, I don't think we'll be in this division for YEARS.

Evans will probably appoint someone who can achieve relegation within two years, I'm sure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Where we are is painful on 07:49 - Feb 24 with 1850 viewsHerbivore

Where we are is painful on 23:40 - Feb 23 by Garv

Credit to Mick, I don't think many managers would have done so well position wise.

To revise my point a little, perhaps in terms of personnel it wasn't awful, but I do get the feeling they had a way of playing and getting points so ingrained in them that almost anyone coming in would have struggled.

I never felt the boast that Mick's teams struggled after he left them was something to shout about.

The squad was more than decent imo, but when you lose three Championship strikers in Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner and you replace them with punts it's always likely to be a struggle. Waghorn and Didz are both quality Championship players as well. Then we let Webster go and replaced him with Nsiala. Didn't really replace Carter-Vickers at all and instead brought in a holding midfielder we didn't need who had never played a professional game on loan instead. Replaced a quality loan like Celina with Gwion Edwards who, whilst our own player at least, isn't all that good at football. Then add another million plus on Nolan, who we arguably didn't need either, and you can see that the problem wasn't the squad that was inherited but rather the squad that we ended up with at the end of the transfer window.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where we are is painful on 08:00 - Feb 24 with 1815 viewsLord_Lucan

"If you're old You've seen Europe. League and cup wins"

Do you count someone who saw FA Cup and UEFA Cup wins as old?

Cheeky git.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Where we are is painful on 08:06 - Feb 24 with 1791 viewsBLUEBEAT

Where we are is painful on 07:49 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

The squad was more than decent imo, but when you lose three Championship strikers in Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner and you replace them with punts it's always likely to be a struggle. Waghorn and Didz are both quality Championship players as well. Then we let Webster go and replaced him with Nsiala. Didn't really replace Carter-Vickers at all and instead brought in a holding midfielder we didn't need who had never played a professional game on loan instead. Replaced a quality loan like Celina with Gwion Edwards who, whilst our own player at least, isn't all that good at football. Then add another million plus on Nolan, who we arguably didn't need either, and you can see that the problem wasn't the squad that was inherited but rather the squad that we ended up with at the end of the transfer window.

Mad, really.

Poll: W or W

Where we are is painful on 08:18 - Feb 24 with 1744 viewsr2d2

Where we are is painful on 20:45 - Feb 23 by Ftnfwest

Yeah but do we have to have this ‘the worlds ending’ after every loss these days? Plus I saw the cup wins and I’m only 53 which I’m not counting as that old yet!
Ps we have been outclassed by Lincoln, Exeter and Stevenage to name just three in the last few years already so oxford, while another regrettable,one isn’t even the pits I’m afraid.

You are obviously one of the happy clapper brigade, who will carry on putting up with this, then suddenly realise we are in non league football.
Where we are is painful on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 1600 viewsGarv

Where we are is painful on 07:49 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Can't argue with much of that, but McGoldrick was out of contract/injury prone/our highest earner, so always likely to go. Carter-Vickers and Celina loans so likely to go and not come back. Webster and Waghorn are probably the two we should regret letting go the most, with them being under contract and perhaps players we could have convinced to stay with a better management appointment.

Nolan was an odd one in hindsight. I thought we were signing a no.10, which we needed, a creative spark capable of scoring and assisting regularly - a Judge in his Brentford days I guess. We even played him there behind Harrison, and it turned out he wasn't suited to that position at all.

Where we are is painful on 14:01 - Feb 24 with 1590 viewsBlueinBrum

Where we are is painful on 08:00 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

"If you're old You've seen Europe. League and cup wins"

Do you count someone who saw FA Cup and UEFA Cup wins as old?

Cheeky git.

Yes.

It's more outrageous that i am apparently middle aged as i remember Burley's glory days....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024