Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision 08:37 - Feb 25 with 3838 viewskeanekipper

First of all get rid of lambert, then replace him with someone who is involved with the youth system like nash or a young coach with an ipswich affliation like dyer.

Then implement a club rule where you say 6/7 of the starting line up have to have been in the academy at some point in their career, coupled with every team playing the same ethos and mantra which is headed up by someone like klug.

This might be drastic but what we are doing isnt working and we arent going anywhere fast and personally i can accept bad days if i can get on board with a vision and a club ethos that connects everyone. Kind of like an athletic bilbao where you will have good periods and bad periods but ultimatly you know the club will always have passion heart desire as everyone will have a strong connection to the club.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 8:38]
clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 10:53 - Feb 25 with 872 viewsitfcjoe

These things are fine on paper or as an experiment on a computer game but don't work in real life

It may be an aim to get to that position, but things get in the way - there needs to be more long term planning off the pitch, with less senior players just filling the squad out but isn't an overnight thing

We've been caught between two stools (again) this season where we have built a squad that should go, or come very close to going, straight back up, but are failing and not blooding the youngsters.

Woolfie and Flynn have come in and done well, but both were basically there as it is, obviously Lankester and Nydam hav been injured but the minutes given to Dozzell, Dobra, El Mizouni whilst others underperform in their positions has been really disappointing.

A lot boils back to is the manager the right man to bring players through? Look at what Graham Potter did at Swansea last year - played loads of youngsters as their budget stripped back and did a decent job doing so.

When will we have a manager with the courage of his convictions to do something like this?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We need a strong Chief Exec with footballing pedigree and some real energy on 11:10 - Feb 25 with 840 viewsunstableblue

That is the starting point.

That person should drive a strategy of either:

a) a football or technical director who runs the recruitment and on pitch strategy; with a good technical manager/coach - who can be swapped out, as you have an enduring football ethos
b) a strong technical manager supported by an experienced and high quality back room staff

Unless we follow this approach we're going no where.

All Marcus's appointments have ultimately failed. No mgmt system, no technical philosophy.

FACT

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:10 - Feb 25 with 837 viewsWeWereZombies

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 10:53 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

These things are fine on paper or as an experiment on a computer game but don't work in real life

It may be an aim to get to that position, but things get in the way - there needs to be more long term planning off the pitch, with less senior players just filling the squad out but isn't an overnight thing

We've been caught between two stools (again) this season where we have built a squad that should go, or come very close to going, straight back up, but are failing and not blooding the youngsters.

Woolfie and Flynn have come in and done well, but both were basically there as it is, obviously Lankester and Nydam hav been injured but the minutes given to Dozzell, Dobra, El Mizouni whilst others underperform in their positions has been really disappointing.

A lot boils back to is the manager the right man to bring players through? Look at what Graham Potter did at Swansea last year - played loads of youngsters as their budget stripped back and did a decent job doing so.

When will we have a manager with the courage of his convictions to do something like this?

'When will we have a manager with the courage of his convictions to do something like this?'

When we have one whose hands are not quite so tied?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:11 - Feb 25 with 837 viewskeanekipper

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 10:53 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

I think the idea is do able maybe not at the amount i suggested and not done in a hard way maybe brought in over a 2 or 3 season transistion. It makes me feel sick we are going to lose dozzell without ever seeing have a run of games together, as its all to predictable hes going to go elsewhere and become a 20m+ player
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 11:19]
clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:17 - Feb 25 with 832 viewsitfcjoe

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:11 - Feb 25 by keanekipper

I think the idea is do able maybe not at the amount i suggested and not done in a hard way maybe brought in over a 2 or 3 season transistion. It makes me feel sick we are going to lose dozzell without ever seeing have a run of games together, as its all to predictable hes going to go elsewhere and become a 20m+ player
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 11:19]

Whatever happens with Dozzell in the future, the fact that he is going to walk out of this club for next to nothing having never had a consistent run of games in a settled side is an absolute disgrace

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:21 - Feb 25 with 791 viewsIllinoisblue

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:17 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

Whatever happens with Dozzell in the future, the fact that he is going to walk out of this club for next to nothing having never had a consistent run of games in a settled side is an absolute disgrace

Agree one million percent on Dozzell. In a team devoid of creativity it’s criminal he hasn’t been given a chance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:24 - Feb 25 with 788 viewsIllinoisblue

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 10:08 - Feb 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Sounds very much like a 5 point plan to me.

In some ways this has already been trialled when MM departed stage left.... Klug brought in a few youngsters and things got worse. Klug didnt want the job full time and none of his staff stepped up to the plate - then we got the polar opposite with Hurst.

At no time in the last TWELVE years has anybody stood up for the academy and attempted to push a club vision through.... and maybe you can't under the current ownership (and impatient, intolerant fan base)

I reckon your vision might come to pass when the owner departs - and Town are left to pick up the pieces in much the same way it has happened at Luton and Portsmouth.

Impatient fan base????? A decade of failure and people are merely tutting and talking about protesting. Fan bases don’t get much more docile

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:28 - Feb 25 with 793 viewsgiant_stow

I had a cracking idea for yous lot and because I'm nice, I'll let you have it.

So you want ME out - the sensible ones realise you'll be screwed without his money though, its more that he just makes bad decisions all the time.

So, ME signs over the running of the club to some kind of supporters committee or appointee of that commitee. He also allows that committe £2-3m per year of funding / losses on top of whatever you get in without his help. He then steps back and forgets the whole thing ever happenned, while you lot get control over your club and stop whining about bogey-men owners and see how good you can be under your own direction (with a small helping hand).

This is the best you'll get - you'll probably never have mega bucks to spend ever again, but at least you get control this way.

Thank me when its done.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:29 - Feb 25 with 782 viewshomer_123

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 11:17 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

More to the point - this season above any other, he's been behind both Nolan and Judge. Neither of which have offered anything of note. Why Dozzer hasn't had the opportunity for a run is games is an utter waste. We would be in no worse a position for him playing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:39 - Feb 25 with 761 viewsSouperJim

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 12:28 - Feb 25 by giant_stow

I had a cracking idea for yous lot and because I'm nice, I'll let you have it.

So you want ME out - the sensible ones realise you'll be screwed without his money though, its more that he just makes bad decisions all the time.

So, ME signs over the running of the club to some kind of supporters committee or appointee of that commitee. He also allows that committe £2-3m per year of funding / losses on top of whatever you get in without his help. He then steps back and forgets the whole thing ever happenned, while you lot get control over your club and stop whining about bogey-men owners and see how good you can be under your own direction (with a small helping hand).

This is the best you'll get - you'll probably never have mega bucks to spend ever again, but at least you get control this way.

Thank me when its done.

And what an absolute car crash that would be.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 13:12 - Feb 25 with 735 viewsGarv

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 09:51 - Feb 25 by keanekipper

Then you dont sign them and blood a youngster. Upson would be no worse than nolan and some of the others. Thought he had a good game at PR

I like how 'XXX would do no worse than XXX' is starting to become a recognised argument nowadays. We're League One now, there's plenty further to fall if we really want to.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 17:20 - Feb 25 with 702 viewsAlexwaddell

I think its time we saw Dozzell replace Judge and bring Dobra back in. Nolan gives us nothing and Edwards is not much better

Poll: What was today?

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 18:26 - Feb 25 with 678 views66notout

clear the decks and go for a new drastic vision on 08:46 - Feb 25 by skyblue23

No.

You beat me to it. It’s a myth that our academy is that prolific. Lambert even said earlier in the season that he didn’t there was another team in League One that featured so many home-grown players as Ipswich. I did a quick search and found several.
Long gone are the days when we won the FA Cup at Wembley in 1978 with a squad of 12 players, nine of whom had come through the youth system. Can’t see that ever being beaten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024