Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The chosen 12... 16:58 - Feb 26 with 8462 viewsSitfcB

1 John Wark
2 Matt Holland
3 Mick Mills
4 Terry Butcher
5 Paul Mariner
6 Kevin Beattie
7 George Burley
8 Ray Crawford
9 Arnold Muhren
10 Frans Thijssen
11 Marcus Stewart
12 Jim Magilton

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The chosen 12... on 17:23 - Feb 26 with 2346 viewsPJH

The chosen 12... on 17:17 - Feb 26 by Pecker

And that is exactly how you should have voted. We all have different opinions on this, so no need to explain yourself. You voted how you remember it and that is absolutely the right thing to do.

That is very true and I think it said that voting should take into account different eras.

I don't think that it supposed to be our 12 greatest players although I think at least 8 of the 12 selected would be in my 12 greatest.

Just remembered I am almost certain I voted for Allan Hunter.
The chosen 12... on 17:23 - Feb 26 with 2345 viewsBluefish

The flounce contest is going to epic

Mick should have got one imo

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The chosen 12... on 17:24 - Feb 26 with 2341 viewsParisBlue

No Stockwell or Taricco :(

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The chosen 12... on 17:26 - Feb 26 with 2331 viewsPecker

My 12 were. Crawford, Phillips, Cooper, Mills, Butcher, Burley, Wark, Muhren, Thijssen, Mariner, Holland and Stewart.
The chosen 12... on 17:32 - Feb 26 with 2321 viewsTractorCam

The chosen 12... on 17:13 - Feb 26 by skyblue23

People need to remember not everybody got to see Ipswich back in the good days. Stewart, Holland, Magilton and Reuser are my favourite ever Ipswich players because I’ve seen them do the business. I’m not lucky enough to have seen the likes of Brazil, mariner etc.

I voted for a couple of players that I haven’t seen (Mills, Butcher, Burley and Beattie) because I know there history.

Which is why in my list i included Chambers and Murphy, which too many will seem ridiculous but would be good to have fans under 18 be represented.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The chosen 12... on 17:34 - Feb 26 with 2316 viewsLord_Lucan

The chosen 12... on 17:08 - Feb 26 by Pecker

No, not Osborne. Cooper deserves as much credit as the likes of Mills, Butcher, Mariner etc.

How come? With a better keeper we would have won the league.

If he was so good he would have been talked about as an England player but he never got a sniff. Joe Corrigan and Phil Parkes were above him and both got caps.

Even when Robson went to manage England he selected Nigel Spink.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The chosen 12... on 17:37 - Feb 26 with 2308 viewsskyblue23

The chosen 12... on 17:32 - Feb 26 by TractorCam

Which is why in my list i included Chambers and Murphy, which too many will seem ridiculous but would be good to have fans under 18 be represented.

I also included Chambers. Not the best centre back we’ve ever had but the biggest commitment of any player in my life time I’d say.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

The chosen 12... on 17:39 - Feb 26 with 2302 viewsPJH

The chosen 12... on 17:34 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

If he was so good he would have been talked about as an England player but he never got a sniff. Joe Corrigan and Phil Parkes were above him and both got caps.

My opinion was/is that Paul Cooper was a good goalkeeper but never a really top class one and as we were for a while either one of the best or even the best team in the country we needed a top class keeper.

If only we had got Pat Jennings who I class as the best goalkeeper that I have ever seen.
Login to get fewer ads

The chosen 12... on 17:46 - Feb 26 with 2277 viewsPecker

The chosen 12... on 17:39 - Feb 26 by PJH

My opinion was/is that Paul Cooper was a good goalkeeper but never a really top class one and as we were for a while either one of the best or even the best team in the country we needed a top class keeper.

If only we had got Pat Jennings who I class as the best goalkeeper that I have ever seen.

Ray Clemence is mine. That is the point with this though, isn't it? We all have an opinion and hard to disagree with many of them. Chambers and Murphy though
The chosen 12... on 17:47 - Feb 26 with 2277 viewsWD19

The chosen 12... on 17:10 - Feb 26 by Pecker

Same as me. Phillips deserved one. Think the list shows the age of our season ticket holders.

Phillips, Stockwell and Cooper were definitely in my list.

But then I am not a ST holder....so not sure why I was asked to vote in the first place....
The chosen 12... on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 2268 viewsPecker

The chosen 12... on 17:34 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

There were better midfielders playing for different clubs at the time than Holland, but he got one. Just think Keepers are always overlooked in these things. Cooper was a fantastic servant to this club and I believe he deserves a pillar. Different opinions are fine.
The chosen 12... on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 2270 viewsTractorCam

The chosen 12... on 17:37 - Feb 26 by skyblue23

I also included Chambers. Not the best centre back we’ve ever had but the biggest commitment of any player in my life time I’d say.

People won't like to hear it but he's a club legend, simple as that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The chosen 12... on 17:51 - Feb 26 with 2268 viewsFtnfwest

The chosen 12... on 17:23 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

The flounce contest is going to epic

Mick should have got one imo

Aren't we purchasing the gold state coach for a special parade on the anniversary of the infamous Rotherham home game each year. Footmen will follow behind in a 6 4 0 defensive formation
The chosen 12... on 17:53 - Feb 26 with 2259 viewsHerbivore

The chosen 12... on 17:08 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Was superb for 7 season as a player &, for the majority of his 3 year tenure, was a very good manager for us.

Deserves the recognition IMO.

Think you're over-egging it. He was far from excellent for a good chunk of those 7 seasons and as a manager he was pretty mediocre in the round. He looks better in hindsight given some of the dross we've had since but I'd not have him near my twelve.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The chosen 12... on 18:01 - Feb 26 with 2244 viewsThe_Major

Hang on. No Glenn Pennyfather?

😉
The chosen 12... on 18:19 - Feb 26 with 2225 viewsBluefish

The chosen 12... on 17:51 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

Aren't we purchasing the gold state coach for a special parade on the anniversary of the infamous Rotherham home game each year. Footmen will follow behind in a 6 4 0 defensive formation

That was the plan but PRP has repeated it so many times since that has been ruined

The chosen 12... on 18:21 - Feb 26 with 2220 viewsHerbivore

The chosen 12... on 17:51 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

Ironically, I've seen us play worse than that against Rotherham alone three times under Lambert.

The chosen 12... on 18:23 - Feb 26 with 2215 viewsLord_Lucan

The chosen 12... on 17:53 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Think you're over-egging it. He was far from excellent for a good chunk of those 7 seasons and as a manager he was pretty mediocre in the round. He looks better in hindsight given some of the dross we've had since but I'd not have him near my twelve.

Sorry Herbivore but that is ridiculous.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The chosen 12... on 18:25 - Feb 26 with 2208 viewsBluefish

The chosen 12... on 18:23 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

A bizarre take from him but he will probably change next week and say he is out best ever player

The chosen 12... on 18:25 - Feb 26 with 2208 viewsHerbivore

The chosen 12... on 18:23 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Disagree. He gets the rose tinted treatment because of the play off semi in my opinion.

The chosen 12... on 18:26 - Feb 26 with 2202 viewsazuremerlangus

No Bontcho?
No Sergei Baltacha?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

The chosen 12... on 18:39 - Feb 26 with 2191 viewsLord_Lucan

The chosen 12... on 18:25 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Disagree. He gets the rose tinted treatment because of the play off semi in my opinion.

No way.

He is the only player we have had since the glory days who simply would not lose the ball. He may have passed it sideways on occasion and he may have passed to a player who subsequently lost it because they weren't any good but Jim Magilton never lost the ball!!!!

The chosen 12... on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 2187 viewsHerbivore

The chosen 12... on 18:39 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

No way.

He is the only player we have had since the glory days who simply would not lose the ball. He may have passed it sideways on occasion and he may have passed to a player who subsequently lost it because they weren't any good but Jim Magilton never lost the ball!!!!

He used to lose the ball loads! This is what I mean, rose tinted. He often went for the Hollywood pass, especially later in his career when his legs were gone, then screeched at whoever was nearest as though it was somehow their fault when it sailed out of play.

The chosen 12... on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 2186 viewsmonty_radio

The chosen 12... on 17:04 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Marcus Stewart above Alan Brazil is crazy.

I think thatit's always the way with these lists - whether it's footballers, films or songs. Those phenomena that are more recent can often carry the day as against more august but older people / things that fewer people witnessed personally.

Having said that - Alan Hunter?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The chosen 12... on 18:44 - Feb 26 with 2184 viewsLord_Lucan

The chosen 12... on 18:43 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

He used to lose the ball loads! This is what I mean, rose tinted. He often went for the Hollywood pass, especially later in his career when his legs were gone, then screeched at whoever was nearest as though it was somehow their fault when it sailed out of play.

The end

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024