Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager 22:03 - Mar 4 with 3995 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have appointed experienced managers on a downward spiral repeatedly since Evans took over the club (arguably MM was the exception and, of course there was Hurst too).

Our next manager needs to be something different. Someone who is young, knows the game, respected and intelligent. Someone with potential who can develop and bring a proper breath of fresh air.

My suggestions are Micah Richards and Liam Rosenior. Thoughts?

EDIT: Two more suggestions would be James Collins or Jonathan Walters.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:04]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next manager on 22:05 - Mar 4 with 3556 viewsJ2BLUE

Two random pundits? Both good pundits especially Richards but this is incredibly random?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next manager on 22:06 - Mar 4 with 3542 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:05 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Two random pundits? Both good pundits especially Richards but this is incredibly random?

Rosenior certainly has coaching experience. Currently at Derby and was at Brighton for a while.

It is more about character, freshness and knowledge of the game for me.

Next manager on 22:07 - Mar 4 with 3533 viewsJ2BLUE

Next manager on 22:06 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rosenior certainly has coaching experience. Currently at Derby and was at Brighton for a while.

Gary Neville then?

Very odd suggestions IMO.

Truly impaired.

Next manager on 22:10 - Mar 4 with 3510 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:07 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Gary Neville then?

Very odd suggestions IMO.

I wouldn't be completely averse to Neville to be honest. Does make me think too much of Keane with the Man Utd connection, though.

The names were just to give an idea of the sort of person I was suggesting.

Would you rather pick another has been from the out of work merry-go-round? Who would you like to see?

EDIT: How would you feel about McGreal? I think the names I have put would be preferable to him. He has some experience but hasn't exactly pulled up trees at Colchester. Then again, neither was Burley's record there that great was it?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:16]

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 with 3473 viewsJ2BLUE

Next manager on 22:10 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wouldn't be completely averse to Neville to be honest. Does make me think too much of Keane with the Man Utd connection, though.

The names were just to give an idea of the sort of person I was suggesting.

Would you rather pick another has been from the out of work merry-go-round? Who would you like to see?

EDIT: How would you feel about McGreal? I think the names I have put would be preferable to him. He has some experience but hasn't exactly pulled up trees at Colchester. Then again, neither was Burley's record there that great was it?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:16]

To my shame I no longer really care.

The problems run too deep to be solved by a change of manager. I'm not saying I want Lambert to stay, I really don't. Someone like Warnock might be able to come in and take us up but long term our slide will continue. We will be relegation candidates if we managed to go up.

I am walking away next season. I will go to the odd game but i'm not going to watch this managed slow decline that started when Evans arrived. Every season expectations get lowered and we get lied to.

Truly impaired.

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 with 3471 viewsSamWhiteUK

In that vein, Jermaine Jenas
Next manager on 22:22 - Mar 4 with 3439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 by SamWhiteUK

If he has the right character, respect and intelligence sure. Don't know much about him to be honest.

We just need to do something different. Continuing to repeat the same mistakes is taking us in the wrong direction far too fast.

Next manager on 22:24 - Mar 4 with 3424 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

The problems run too deep to be solved by a change of manager. I'm not saying I want Lambert to stay, I really don't. Someone like Warnock might be able to come in and take us up but long term our slide will continue. We will be relegation candidates if we managed to go up.

I am walking away next season. I will go to the odd game but i'm not going to watch this managed slow decline that started when Evans arrived. Every season expectations get lowered and we get lied to.

That's a shame but entirely understandable. I walked away from a season ticket under Keane. I have gradually increased my number of games again in recent seasons but there is a limit to my resilience.

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager on 22:30 - Mar 4 with 3398 viewsPJH

Next manager on 22:22 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he has the right character, respect and intelligence sure. Don't know much about him to be honest.

We just need to do something different. Continuing to repeat the same mistakes is taking us in the wrong direction far too fast.

If you want something completely different we could appoint John Cleese.
Next manager on 22:34 - Mar 4 with 3366 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:30 - Mar 4 by PJH

If you want something completely different we could appoint John Cleese.

Best press conferences since MM.

Seriously, I sense you don't like my ideas. Who would you want? Would you want us to continue down the pick an out-of-work has been route?

Next manager on 22:38 - Mar 4 with 3351 viewsMercian

Sir Alex or 'arry.
Next manager on 22:39 - Mar 4 with 3343 viewsPJH

Next manager on 22:34 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Best press conferences since MM.

Seriously, I sense you don't like my ideas. Who would you want? Would you want us to continue down the pick an out-of-work has been route?

Unless you watched Monty Python my post will not mean much.

I just want somebody that actually knows what they are doing rather than appears to know what they are doing.
Next manager on 22:41 - Mar 4 with 3337 viewsMercian

Next manager on 22:06 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

If Richard's media career mirrors his football career his promising start will fade into disappointing mediocrity.
Next manager on 22:42 - Mar 4 with 3323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 22:39 - Mar 4 by PJH

Unless you watched Monty Python my post will not mean much.

I just want somebody that actually knows what they are doing rather than appears to know what they are doing.

Sorry, didn't make the Python connection. Just saw the comedy value. Gotcha now.

I think that is the thing. There are far too many around the game who give the impression of knowing what they are doing and Evans has been far too easily convinced by them. He needs to change his advisors to some who will make a far more intelligent choice. It is as if he gets all his advice from someone like Harry Redknapp!

Next manager on 22:42 - Mar 4 with 3324 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nonsense, the task of managing a football team and coaching staff etc is completely removed from spouting platitudes on the radio
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:44]
Next manager on 22:59 - Mar 4 with 3275 viewsmonty_radio

Hurst seemed on the up. Sadly he was discovered to have reached the level of his incompetence though not many, certainly not me, saw it coming on his initial appointment.
Shows the difficulty.

Any such punts as you mention would need to show themselves sufficient right from the moment they grasped our financial limitations.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Next manager on 01:21 - Mar 5 with 3188 viewsBlueBadger

Next manager on 22:05 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Has the OP gone for them on the basis that they're on Sky a lot and interview reasonably well? Isn't that how we ended up with Roy Keane?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next manager on 03:58 - Mar 5 with 3096 viewsharlingblue

I would go for Warnock plus Bryan Glug and his Academy staff. Kick out Lambert and his so called couching staff, they are useless.
Next manager on 06:59 - Mar 5 with 2971 viewsbournemouthblue

The name suggested to me is Mowbray who we have been interested in before but he hasn't felt it was the right time to join

The right time probably doesn't feature Evans as owner

Bring on some rich Oligarch or Steel Magnet

Alan Brazil has been attempting to smooze the Godolphin Owners I'm told, he's at Newmarket a lot apparently

Keep on trying Alan, you never know

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Next manager on 07:43 - Mar 5 with 2896 viewsgordon

What we need is an experienced director of football in the Barry Fry / Neil Warnock / George Burley mode to set the general ethos of the club, and to have that drive the recruitment process - 'this is what the club is about, these are what we want a manager to do, this is how we want to conduct ourselves, this is how we want to play football, do you think you could fit in to that vision?'

Not give an incompetent idiot like Hurst the keys to the whole thing and leave him to it.
Next manager on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 2865 viewsDubtractor

If we're going down the pundit route I want Ron manager from the fast show.

Mmmmmmm. Small boys. Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Next manager on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 2867 viewsurbanblue

I think I'd like the next manager to be someone from Europe I've probably never heard of ...

Bit like what Barnsley, Leeds, Derby and the Budgies amount others have done!
Next manager on 07:58 - Mar 5 with 2838 viewsWD19

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 by SamWhiteUK

Graham Gooch
Next manager on 08:20 - Mar 5 with 2786 viewsOsborneOneNil

Next manager on 22:17 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Same as that. Zero excitement in a new boss. Just feel that we are pretty screwed.
Next manager on 08:22 - Mar 5 with 2778 viewsHerbivore

Burley as DoF and Dyer as head coach. Job done. Can't possibly do any worse than the current set up and they'd prioritise developing the yoot dem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024