Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell needs to start for me today 08:47 - Mar 7 with 3738 viewsMullet

I see no way back for Lambert, it's been a sad demise. However, if he wants any kind of empathy from fans it has to be Andre that gets the opportunity for 90 mins. I seem to remember in the reverse fixture he had great success finding Keane and Judge, and I though in the direness of Tuesday he played the most intelligently.

If we are going to continue this decline into summer, and the injuries and suspensions force more rotation and frustration, I'd at least like to see one last showing of what AD might be able to do for us.

Given we have the only choices of Simpson and Sears as strikers and possibly Dobra/Bishop as attacking players in a pinch today, that's a lot of energy and little finesse in parts, I think it needs to come from midfield in the form of Andre. Sitting him at the base if we must play 3 CB's ad having two runners ahead of him would be my preference.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:10 - Mar 7 with 972 viewsbrogansnose

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:00 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

It is also exactly what young Tyreece is built for. I hope we don't lump at him and keep exposing his touch

His turn and shot Tuesday was the highlight of the whole game. Quite plainly its ball to feet with all our strikers. None of them are Darryl Murphy and very few are.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:14 - Mar 7 with 961 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:08 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

I think he’s made nigh on 40 appearances in a town and I’m struggling to remember more than one or two of them being of note. An accomplished passer of the ball but there’s a tonne of other things he’s so poor at. Tackling, tracking, work rate, heading. He’s got a lot to improve on to even be give a regular run for me. Saying that, to the point. Why not? Nolan has been awful. Skuse is done. Huws is way off where he should be so why not!?

But those appearances have been sporadic and not all starts. Looking over this season I don't think he's been given two consecutive starts let alone three. It's hard to develop and to prove yourself when you don't get given a chance to do so. He should definitely be ahead of Nolan. Ideally I'd have him in a three with Downes and Huws to do the physical stuff when both are available.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:15 - Mar 7 with 967 viewsEly_Blue

AD is living off his fathers reputation, he is not a very good footballer at all, he is too lightweight for a central midfielder particularly in this league and for me he doesnt offer enough to justify his place, he goes missing far too much and for far too long in games but when he makes a couple of fancy passes he is the new messiah

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 937 viewstractorboy1978

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:14 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

But those appearances have been sporadic and not all starts. Looking over this season I don't think he's been given two consecutive starts let alone three. It's hard to develop and to prove yourself when you don't get given a chance to do so. He should definitely be ahead of Nolan. Ideally I'd have him in a three with Downes and Huws to do the physical stuff when both are available.

And when he does play, as mentioned, it tends to be when we make several changes. He doesn't come into an already settled side. People also forget that he's only 20 years old. He's younger than Downes and Woolfenden but he seems to have been around years because he was so good and so highly thought of at a young age. You aren't one of the first names on the team sheet for every England age group you've played at if you are some mug.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 10:45]
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:39 - Mar 7 with 921 viewsSitfcB

I think him, Dobra and Simpson will start.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:04 - Mar 7 with 895 viewsRegencyBlue

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:15 - Mar 7 by Ely_Blue

AD is living off his fathers reputation, he is not a very good footballer at all, he is too lightweight for a central midfielder particularly in this league and for me he doesnt offer enough to justify his place, he goes missing far too much and for far too long in games but when he makes a couple of fancy passes he is the new messiah

I think he has ability, what he doesn’t have is the physical presence to actually use it!

I also think if his name wasn’t Dozzell he would have been called out on it much more than he has been.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:36 - Mar 7 with 871 viewsgordon

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:36 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

Sentimentality. Apart from the odd quick ball around the corner he rarely offers anything of note. People clamber for him to get a run of games but when he’s had two or three back to back starts he’s disappeared. He’s not going to make the grade imo.

I genuinely don't understand this perspective at all. Dozzell was at the heart of pretty much all our best attacking moments from open play in the last game, having been thrown in to a makeshift line-up having hardly been played for months.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:42 - Mar 7 with 863 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:04 - Mar 7 by RegencyBlue

I think he has ability, what he doesn’t have is the physical presence to actually use it!

I also think if his name wasn’t Dozzell he would have been called out on it much more than he has been.

Is it normal to call kids out for not being very physical?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:47 - Mar 7 with 858 viewsgordon

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:04 - Mar 7 by RegencyBlue

Criticising him while referring to his name, while also saying he gets an easy ride because of his name is an interesting position to take!
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:05 - Mar 7 with 841 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:36 - Mar 7 by gordon

I genuinely don't understand this perspective at all. Dozzell was at the heart of pretty much all our best attacking moments from open play in the last game, having been thrown in to a makeshift line-up having hardly been played for months.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 12:08 - Mar 7 with 838 viewsmonty_radio

"Given a go" or indeed a multitude of such "goes", even consecutively, will prove little unless it occurs within a settled team. His strengths and weaknesses are already apparent, but those particular strengths will come to nothing because they self-evidently require a recognisable pattern of play.

If he is as good as some think he might become, then something Ancelloti has written this morning might have some relevance. He says that Roberto Baggio refused to sign for him because his style didn't fit with what Ancelloti was using. Later, at Real Madrid, Zidane told Ancelloti that he would only sign to play in the role of a 10. This time Ancelloti agreed to change the playing style to fit around Z.Z.

Not comparing Andre, who may prove as little able to dominate within an English league game context, in spite of evident skills, as say Darren Currie or Bobby Petta, but it's a possibilty that we all recognise that he might just come really good somewhere else.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:44]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 12:51 - Mar 7 with 812 viewsJ2BLUE

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:29 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

He should start most if not all games for the rest of the season. Nothing to lose in giving him a proper run now. I'd do the same with Dobra. We don't need to see anymore of Judge.

Agree. I would like to see a lot more of Dozzell, Dobra and Simpson.

Also i'd like to see Kenlock given a long run at LB. Clearly not a world beater but he did a job earlier in the season when we weren't sh1t. I think we all know that this summer will see a sell off of key assets and a big reduction in budget. For that reason I would also like to see Przybek get a run to see if he can be our #2 keeper next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 18:15 - Mar 7 with 756 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 11:47 - Mar 7 by gordon

Criticising him while referring to his name, while also saying he gets an easy ride because of his name is an interesting position to take!

What was the consensus today? Thought he was very average again.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 717 viewsBlueNomad

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 18:15 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

I didn’t think he played well. We need a Jim-type midfielder; that will never be AD.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 19:49 - Mar 7 with 702 viewsWarkystache

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 18:15 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

Sell the waster. Him, Nolan, and Judge were dreadful. Sell them all. Get rid and start again

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024