Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? 08:20 - Mar 9 with 11181 viewsitfcjoe

I must admit we did a bit of a shop yesterday to get some bits in - nothing major but because we use Hello Fresh we don't have much 'in stock' in the house so just bought some pasta, rice and a few tins.

Annoyingly we needed bog roll as it is and was basically sold out in first place we went - but we had to go elsewhere to get nappies and wipes as it is and they had one solitary pack left there!

I don't get why bog roll is seen as a necessity due to this virus?

Was speaking to a lady who runs a shop in Felixstowe and she said there are people queues up outside of Savers and Iceland(?) on the high street every morning for 20 minutes or so and coming out with huge amounts of things like Pot Noodles and Coffeemaid products!

Certain things will inevitably run out, as China has been shut down for a few weeks, and now Italy is too - but this sort of mental behaviour doesn't help anything!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1981 viewsMullet

There was a bloke in Waitrose on Sunday wearing a surgical mask. My little boy was as bemused as me. Christ knows why.

It was also mega busy for opening on a Sunday morning, but I'm assuming the posh people round here are planning on curing themselves with gin and fancy olive oil looking at the shelves.

The mind boggles.

I just did a normal shop. Barely 2 carrier bags. Can't see the problem, if anyone gets it just wait until they are weak and bring round a pretend bowl of soup. Loot their cupboards once they're easily overpowered. Easy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:12 - Mar 9 with 1976 viewsfooters

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:10 - Mar 9 by Mullet

There was a bloke in Waitrose on Sunday wearing a surgical mask. My little boy was as bemused as me. Christ knows why.

It was also mega busy for opening on a Sunday morning, but I'm assuming the posh people round here are planning on curing themselves with gin and fancy olive oil looking at the shelves.

The mind boggles.

I just did a normal shop. Barely 2 carrier bags. Can't see the problem, if anyone gets it just wait until they are weak and bring round a pretend bowl of soup. Loot their cupboards once they're easily overpowered. Easy.

My colleague was saying today how he'd found all the shelves of decent olive oil in Stoke Newington were empty... No oil for the focaccia- big problems here in North London.

Stay safe, people.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 1971 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:12 - Mar 9 by footers

My colleague was saying today how he'd found all the shelves of decent olive oil in Stoke Newington were empty... No oil for the focaccia- big problems here in North London.

Stay safe, people.

Why didn't you inform me?

I better nip out quick in the morning when they restock.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:14 - Mar 9 with 1966 viewsJ2BLUE

Stay safe, people.

Thank fook most people don't know what quinoa is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:14 - Mar 9 with 1966 viewsfooters

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:13 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Why didn't you inform me?

I better nip out quick in the morning when they restock.

SB

Plenty of Crisp'N'Dry still available...

But yes, apologies. More olive oil news as events progress.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:15]

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 23:11 - Mar 9 with 1892 viewsHerbivore

Stay safe, people.

Thoughts and prayers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 23:16 - Mar 9 with 1891 viewsRyorry

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 14:29 - Mar 9 by bobwya

Apparently in the states the panic buying has been of bullets - sales have gone up over 60%! Perhaps they intend to shoot the neighbours if they get the virus. Or maybe I just fell for some fake news put out by the Russians,

Shoot those with the virus, then thieve their bogroll. There's logic for you! 🤣

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 00:09 - Mar 10 with 1855 viewsChurchman

Well, the tomato ketchup was down to a third of a bottle, but despite a night of worry, the nation’s locusts hadn’t cleaned Asda out so a ketchup crisis was averted.

The odd thing about hand sanitiser/gel is that I don’t remember it existing years ago. People used bars of soap and a few people seemed to survive such deprivation. Mind you, at school they had that cheap shiny ‘Izal medicated’ bog roll that didn’t work. Bet there would be no stampede to buy that.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 0:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 04:15 - Mar 10 with 1831 viewsRyorry

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 10:05 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

That's Ryorry's, def info.

Pfft, that's for amateurs.

This is mine -

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 07:18 - Mar 10 with 1777 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 00:09 - Mar 10 by Churchman

Well, the tomato ketchup was down to a third of a bottle, but despite a night of worry, the nation’s locusts hadn’t cleaned Asda out so a ketchup crisis was averted.

The odd thing about hand sanitiser/gel is that I don’t remember it existing years ago. People used bars of soap and a few people seemed to survive such deprivation. Mind you, at school they had that cheap shiny ‘Izal medicated’ bog roll that didn’t work. Bet there would be no stampede to buy that.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 0:14]

One if the differences between hand sanitiser and soap and water is that hand sanitiser is easy to carry about.

I have a couple of the small bottles in my coat pockets so it’s easy to get it out and rub it in my hands after contact with somebody, whereas you will not always have access to soap and water.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 08:12 - Mar 10 with 1764 viewsPecker

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 14:09 - Mar 9 by WeWereZombies

No one is spending a fortune shipping bog roll half way across the globe. I just checked the pack I bought from Tesco months ago (still got four rolls left, I am frugal, always use both sides of the paper) and they say 'Produced In the UK'...because we have vast plantations of conifers here. If just made from imported pulp I would expect that to come from Sweden. And, well done Tesco, they have the Forestry Stewardship Council logo on them.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant a lot of the panic buying of bog rolls has come from China and Australia, not that the bog rolls actually come from there.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 08:43 - Mar 10 with 1749 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 07:18 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

One if the differences between hand sanitiser and soap and water is that hand sanitiser is easy to carry about.

I have a couple of the small bottles in my coat pockets so it’s easy to get it out and rub it in my hands after contact with somebody, whereas you will not always have access to soap and water.

That's a good plan but you need to ensure the alcohol percentage in the sanitiser is at least 60% or it won't be able to destabilise the fatty wall of the virus.

SB

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 08:58 - Mar 10 with 1729 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think I might panic get some savings out of the bank today.....who's up for a bank run!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:06 - Mar 10 with 1716 viewsfooters

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 08:58 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think I might panic get some savings out of the bank today.....who's up for a bank run!

Money will be no good where we're heading. Think I'll stockpile olive oil, balsamic vinegar and various antipasti for when things get really rough.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:09 - Mar 10 with 1713 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:06 - Mar 10 by footers

Money will be no good where we're heading. Think I'll stockpile olive oil, balsamic vinegar and various antipasti for when things get really rough.

And fine sherry and tokaj.

SB

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:11 - Mar 10 with 1707 viewsfooters

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:09 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

And fine sherry and tokaj.

SB

Should be a month or two of splendid isolation :) My herbs are already showing signs of life too... #selfsufficiency #smallholding #cityfarm

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:14 - Mar 10 with 1690 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:06 - Mar 10 by footers

Yes but I am planning on buying sh1t loads of drugs with it....much better than gold.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:16 - Mar 10 with 1686 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:11 - Mar 10 by footers

Should be a month or two of splendid isolation :) My herbs are already showing signs of life too... #selfsufficiency #smallholding #cityfarm

Sticky grass and nettles are your 'hunger gap' friend ....oh and squirrels.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:31 - Mar 10 with 1666 viewsRyorry

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:16 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sticky grass and nettles are your 'hunger gap' friend ....oh and squirrels.

Wish I hadn't sold my .22 air rifle - not that I've seen any rabbits for weeks, think myxy might've polished em off. Would have been useful for warning off anyone lurking around with intent to steal me bog rolls tho ...

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:41 - Mar 10 with 1652 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:31 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

Wish I hadn't sold my .22 air rifle - not that I've seen any rabbits for weeks, think myxy might've polished em off. Would have been useful for warning off anyone lurking around with intent to steal me bog rolls tho ...

....and for shooting hedgehogs.....lovely when baked.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:48 - Mar 10 with 1647 viewsRyorry

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:41 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and for shooting hedgehogs.....lovely when baked.

Oh no, could never kill or eat a hedgie, they're becoming alarmingly short in number :(

Anyway, they have the wit to mostly still be hiding away in hibernation!

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:15 - Mar 17 with 1484 viewsfooters

Stay safe, people.

Update: Had to buy pre-made meatballs instead of beef and lamb mince due to panic-buying barstewards. Joke's on them though as I'll merely blend up their tiny balls into much bigger, tastier ones.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 15:31 - Mar 17 with 1423 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:15 - Mar 17 by footers

Update: Had to buy pre-made meatballs instead of beef and lamb mince due to panic-buying barstewards. Joke's on them though as I'll merely blend up their tiny balls into much bigger, tastier ones.

I thought I better buy some birdseed on Saturday as I was almost out. I enquired to the guy on the check out about fat balls and now it seems now I have to go to dinner with him...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024