Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? 08:20 - Mar 9 with 11250 viewsitfcjoe

I must admit we did a bit of a shop yesterday to get some bits in - nothing major but because we use Hello Fresh we don't have much 'in stock' in the house so just bought some pasta, rice and a few tins.

Annoyingly we needed bog roll as it is and was basically sold out in first place we went - but we had to go elsewhere to get nappies and wipes as it is and they had one solitary pack left there!

I don't get why bog roll is seen as a necessity due to this virus?

Was speaking to a lady who runs a shop in Felixstowe and she said there are people queues up outside of Savers and Iceland(?) on the high street every morning for 20 minutes or so and coming out with huge amounts of things like Pot Noodles and Coffeemaid products!

Certain things will inevitably run out, as China has been shut down for a few weeks, and now Italy is too - but this sort of mental behaviour doesn't help anything!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:21 - Mar 9 with 3529 viewsDubtractor

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:13 - Mar 9 by BlueStreak

Of all the things I worry about running out of, loo roll isn't even on the list. i have a shower and that would do in the worst case scenario.

Monday to Friday poos are at work, so most 8f my toilet roll needs are covered.

It is a much inferior quality of paper though and I do occasionally worry about the damage to my delicate ring.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:25 - Mar 9 with 3511 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of all the things I worry about running out of, loo roll isn't even on the list. i have a shower and that would do in the worst case scenario.

I once used a slice of bread to wipe my arse when I ran out of loo paper when I lived in Tenerife. Did the job fine.

I’m now going to panic buy sliced bread.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:34 - Mar 9 with 3497 viewsElderGrizzly

This is quite a good article on the psychology of why

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-why-are-people-panic-buying-and-why-toile

There is a correlation between Brexit voters and this too according to Pollsters 🙄
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:34 - Mar 9 with 3496 viewsgiant_stow

None here - no need, everything keeps coming as per normal, but then we're not trying to buy truck loads of toilet paper or soap.

The Sainsburys delivery guy just now reckoned Saturday was a nightmare with people buying huge quantities of bottled water and boxes of cleaning products. The good news is it's calmed a little since.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:40 - Mar 9 with 3476 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:15 - Mar 9 by DebsyAngel

I am trying to get one packet of antibacterial wipes (I used them before all this anyway for some cleaning in the home), and we always try to stock up on loo roll but we get the 24 roll pack from Aldi and thankfully bought some last week. We also get a handwash for the bathroom and keep a spare one in stock. I wish there were hand gels available - again, this is something I have used in the home for years (like when preparing food or when taking bins in etc.) but would like to have one with me to use when I have to go out. i would not buy tons though - 1 or 2 a week, but think the gel should be distributed to every household during this as there is such a shortage.

It's actually a great idea to send every household a tub of gel, it can't be that expensive to do so in the scheme of things and it would be great PR by the government and at the same time help the fears of people like yourself who are obviously very anxious about all this hoo ha.

Alas I don't think there is enough stock to go round, TWTD soap magnate StickyMockwell was only saying last week that he has an order for 800,000 units of gel but can only make 20,000 because he can't get the raw ingredients

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:45 - Mar 9 with 3463 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:21 - Mar 9 by Dubtractor

Monday to Friday poos are at work, so most 8f my toilet roll needs are covered.

It is a much inferior quality of paper though and I do occasionally worry about the damage to my delicate ring.

Well it is pretty obvious to me that you have a bad case of Izalophobia and I will be asking Phil to suspend you pending investigation...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:46 - Mar 9 with 3461 viewsBiGDonnie

I might have to resort from stealing the supplies in our lovely serviced offices!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:47 - Mar 9 with 3463 viewsJ2BLUE

Boots online had Carex hand gel in stock again last night.

Just went in B&Q. They have 24 packs of Andrex next to every till. £11. I didn't see anyone buying any.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:50 - Mar 9 with 3455 viewshype313

If WW11 happened in today's society, we would be conquered within a month.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:53 - Mar 9 with 3445 viewsfooters

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:50 - Mar 9 by hype313

If WW11 happened in today's society, we would be conquered within a month.

That's eight world wars we'd need to fight first.

Just sayin'

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:54 - Mar 9 with 3441 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:25 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

I once used a slice of bread to wipe my arse when I ran out of loo paper when I lived in Tenerife. Did the job fine.

I’m now going to panic buy sliced bread.

Back in the days before site toilets were common place on a building site, it was quite common to see blokes walking round with only one sock on.
Half a cement bag was the only other thing needed.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:58 - Mar 9 with 3428 viewsjeera

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:47 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

Boots online had Carex hand gel in stock again last night.

Just went in B&Q. They have 24 packs of Andrex next to every till. £11. I didn't see anyone buying any.

That's the other problem with all this nonsense buying, the prices are sure to be pushed right up.

Everyday stuff we're used to paying relative pennies for could well be falsely overpriced for some time.

Effing people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 12:17 - Mar 9 with 3394 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:53 - Mar 9 by footers

Just sayin'

Did he say World War Eleven? I heard it as World War Loo...

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 12:19 - Mar 9 with 3388 viewshype313

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:53 - Mar 9 by footers

Just sayin'

Hmm, I must have slept through those..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:02 - Mar 9 with 3346 viewsPecker

Lots of copies of The Mail and The Sun in case you can't get bog roll.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:05 - Mar 9 with 3337 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:02 - Mar 9 by Pecker

Lots of copies of The Mail and The Sun in case you can't get bog roll.

Will feel sorry for those who have online subscriptions

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:05 - Mar 9 with 3337 viewsPecker

I haven't brought anything I wouldn't normally. I do not understand panic buying. I think a lot of the bog rolls come from China or Australia. Just crazy. That fight over toilet rolls was utterly pathetic.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:23 - Mar 9 with 3303 viewsLeaky

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 09:54 - Mar 9 by footers

The people on the table next to us yesterday in the boozer spent about 10 minutes cleaning it down with wetwipes before they sat down... with face masks on. Absolutely crazy. If you're that worried, why bother going out in the first place?

Presumably they are going to drink through a straw, there really are some muppets about.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:45 - Mar 9 with 3280 viewsEireannach_gorm

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 10:04 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

Did they just sit and look at the beer through their masks? Or did the (possibly contaminated) glasses touch their lips?

Duh!

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 14:09 - Mar 9 with 3253 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 13:05 - Mar 9 by Pecker

I haven't brought anything I wouldn't normally. I do not understand panic buying. I think a lot of the bog rolls come from China or Australia. Just crazy. That fight over toilet rolls was utterly pathetic.

No one is spending a fortune shipping bog roll half way across the globe. I just checked the pack I bought from Tesco months ago (still got four rolls left, I am frugal, always use both sides of the paper) and they say 'Produced In the UK'...because we have vast plantations of conifers here. If just made from imported pulp I would expect that to come from Sweden. And, well done Tesco, they have the Forestry Stewardship Council logo on them.

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 14:29 - Mar 9 with 3229 viewsbobwya

Apparently in the states the panic buying has been of bullets - sales have gone up over 60%! Perhaps they intend to shoot the neighbours if they get the virus. Or maybe I just fell for some fake news put out by the Russians,
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 20:45 - Mar 9 with 3154 viewsronnyd

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:54 - Mar 9 by fabian_illness

Back in the days before site toilets were common place on a building site, it was quite common to see blokes walking round with only one sock on.
Half a cement bag was the only other thing needed.

Used to work for French, the builder that was contractor for the then Greater London Council, who were building the London overspill estates in the 1960s. All the houses which had the cloakroom/bathrooms fitted but no water connected, were filled with excrement by site workers to lazy to walk to the site toilets. Smelt awful and felt sorry for the plumbing gangs labourers who had to clean them out before the plumbers would connect them up.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 20:53 - Mar 9 with 3144 viewsbrogansnose

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 11:34 - Mar 9 by giant_stow

None here - no need, everything keeps coming as per normal, but then we're not trying to buy truck loads of toilet paper or soap.

The Sainsburys delivery guy just now reckoned Saturday was a nightmare with people buying huge quantities of bottled water and boxes of cleaning products. The good news is it's calmed a little since.

Bottled water ? Will the taps be turned off ?

Reminder to self to fill the bath.
Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 20:58 - Mar 9 with 3134 viewssparks

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 20:53 - Mar 9 by brogansnose

Bottled water ? Will the taps be turned off ?

Reminder to self to fill the bath.

This Corona panic buying is getting silly. Was in sainsburys and horrified to find they had no toilet paper at all.
Had to go to the checkout to ask if they had any. But the answer was no.

Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles was a real walk of shame.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 3116 viewsbrogansnose

Anyone done any Coronavirus panic buying? on 20:58 - Mar 9 by sparks

This Corona panic buying is getting silly. Was in sainsburys and horrified to find they had no toilet paper at all.
Had to go to the checkout to ask if they had any. But the answer was no.

Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles was a real walk of shame.

The toilet roll scarcity is a bit of a problem seeing as I'm down to my last roll so I may have to buy a newspaper. Ironically I got a 75p off a pack of toilet rolls in the local Co Op yesterday and on handing me the voucher the assistant told me that they haven't got any anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024