Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we start eating the rich yet? 14:59 - Mar 16 with 8496 viewsmonytowbray

I feel like this is the best window of opportunity we've had in a while.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:02 - Mar 16 with 5465 viewsBugs

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:04 - Mar 16 with 5431 viewsWD19

Virgin Group only own 20% of Virgin Atlantic.
Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:05 - Mar 16 with 5436 viewsWeWereZombies

Probably best to cull, irradiate and put into cold storage for a couple of weeks so that they are virus free...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:07 - Mar 16 with 5413 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:02 - Mar 16 by Bugs

It beats the strategy we've been following for the last 10 years...

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:08 - Mar 16 with 5410 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:05 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

Probably best to cull, irradiate and put into cold storage for a couple of weeks so that they are virus free...

The rich are vegan-friendly at least. It's okay to kill and eat what deserves to die.

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:10 - Mar 16 with 5396 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:04 - Mar 16 by WD19

Don’t confuse him with facts ffs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:12 - Mar 16 with 5382 viewslowhouseblue

the current public health advice is strongly against it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:13 - Mar 16 with 5366 viewsWeWereZombies

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:08 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

The rich are vegan-friendly at least. It's okay to kill and eat what deserves to die.

As an aside I voted Green in the local elections last Thursday and then read the candidate's policies on Saturday in the West Highland Free Press. At the moment animals have to be taken over a hundred miles to Inverness to be slaughtered, our Green candidate advocates a micro-abattoir on Skye. I guess this will ensure less suffering for sheep and cattle on their journey to the end but tickled me that the only candidate suggesting this was the Green Party one.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:23 - Mar 16 with 5326 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:04 - Mar 16 by WD19

Redo the maths and it still works.

Won't someone think of the poor Billionaires?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 15:23]

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 5333 viewshomer_123

Hey Callis.

I run a business, it's a small but profitable business, I'm lucky enough to employee a number of people. I feel extremely responsible for them in terms of their health, well being and ensuring that they can pay their bills, feed their children etc. I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.

I'm not rich, the business doesn't have an endless pot of money (sadly). I'm likely to be forced to make some difficult to decisions in the coming weeks, decisions that I'd rather not have to make. I may also have to ask people to take paid holiday, unpaid leave, reduced wages and other measures to try and get through a period of uncertainty - a period that we have no idea how long will last or what the effects will be. Utter uncertainty - arguably more impactful over the short term than other things in the more recent past.

Do I fall into this category as well? Do other business owners on here also fall into this, I'm thinking of Lucs and GB for example? There are many more.

Not sure I like the tone of your post to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 5289 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:24 - Mar 16 by homer_123

Hey Callis.

I run a business, it's a small but profitable business, I'm lucky enough to employee a number of people. I feel extremely responsible for them in terms of their health, well being and ensuring that they can pay their bills, feed their children etc. I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.

I'm not rich, the business doesn't have an endless pot of money (sadly). I'm likely to be forced to make some difficult to decisions in the coming weeks, decisions that I'd rather not have to make. I may also have to ask people to take paid holiday, unpaid leave, reduced wages and other measures to try and get through a period of uncertainty - a period that we have no idea how long will last or what the effects will be. Utter uncertainty - arguably more impactful over the short term than other things in the more recent past.

Do I fall into this category as well? Do other business owners on here also fall into this, I'm thinking of Lucs and GB for example? There are many more.

Good post Homer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:28 - Mar 16 with 5285 viewsmonytowbray

Hey Callis.

Are you a billionaire?

I'd imagine not.

Please never confuse my hatred of the super rich with casual business owners, although some of them are also arseholes :)

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:28 - Mar 16 with 5275 viewsBryanPlug

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:23 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Redo the maths and it still works.

Won't someone think of the poor Billionaires?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 15:23]

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:30 - Mar 16 with 5256 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:28 - Mar 16 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Most people don't have £4bn in assets though.

We need to pay people to live for the next few weeks, if a billionaire has to sell one of their supercars to do so I won't lose much sleep.

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:37 - Mar 16 with 5211 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Callis.

It clearly wasn't aimed at you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:39 - Mar 16 with 5201 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:37 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

It clearly wasn't aimed at you.

Edited as misread post on phone LOLZ.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 15:40]

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:40 - Mar 16 with 5184 viewsclive_baker

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:39 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Edited as misread post on phone LOLZ.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 15:40]

He means your post. Donut.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:45 - Mar 16 with 5145 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:28 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Are you a billionaire?

I'd imagine not.

Please never confuse my hatred of the super rich with casual business owners, although some of them are also arseholes :)

What if someone is a billionaire but has a million employees?

What if the said billionaire donates tens of millions to charities or people working to help those affected by COVID 19 and its consequences?

I have absolutely no idea why someone would hate the super rich and clump them altogether. Should we lump in those that got rich from criminal activities with those that created life saving or world changing inventions?

I find your view on rich people very puzzling to be honest. You seem to dislike groups of people without any proper reasoning.

It's a similar attitude to thinking all the homeless are work shy drug addicts. There are a lot of billionaires doing quite incredible things with their wealth to change the world.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:47 - Mar 16 with 5131 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:30 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Most people don't have £4bn in assets though.

We need to pay people to live for the next few weeks, if a billionaire has to sell one of their supercars to do so I won't lose much sleep.

And what contribution will you be making?

I assume you've got some things you don't desperately need that you could perhaps sell off and give the proceeds to someone more worthy.

Why it is the responsibility of a billionaire to sell a supercar to help others? Because they can afford to. Just like the rail networks.

Perhaps you should publish a definitive guide on who in society we should respect and who we should hate.

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:54 - Mar 16 with 5086 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:47 - Mar 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

And what contribution will you be making?

I assume you've got some things you don't desperately need that you could perhaps sell off and give the proceeds to someone more worthy.

Why it is the responsibility of a billionaire to sell a supercar to help others? Because they can afford to. Just like the rail networks.

Perhaps you should publish a definitive guide on who in society we should respect and who we should hate.

When you post things like this the Billionaires literally laugh at you.

I don't hoard wealth and pay my taxes. That's my bit.

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:55 - Mar 16 with 5078 viewsmonytowbray

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:45 - Mar 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What if someone is a billionaire but has a million employees?

What if the said billionaire donates tens of millions to charities or people working to help those affected by COVID 19 and its consequences?

I have absolutely no idea why someone would hate the super rich and clump them altogether. Should we lump in those that got rich from criminal activities with those that created life saving or world changing inventions?

I find your view on rich people very puzzling to be honest. You seem to dislike groups of people without any proper reasoning.

It's a similar attitude to thinking all the homeless are work shy drug addicts. There are a lot of billionaires doing quite incredible things with their wealth to change the world.

You are defending wealth hoarding, so evidently you haven't really ever given this topic much thought.

TWTD never forgets…

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:58 - Mar 16 with 5037 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:54 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

When you post things like this the Billionaires literally laugh at you.

I don't hoard wealth and pay my taxes. That's my bit.

Yes I am sure billionaires sit around all day, stroking white cats, planning to kill James Bond and looking at football internet forums to see who is on their side and not joking about killing them.

You don't have any wealth to hoard otherwise I'm sure you would and you have to pay your taxes. Don't make out like you've had the chance to act otherwise but your morals have caused you to be a maverick.

You've admitted to taking things off people you think deserve you stealing off them. In my book that's worse than people hoarding wealth they have rightfully earned and want to keep hold of.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. Society is broke. It's not always the fault of those that benefit.

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 16:00 - Mar 16 with 5026 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:55 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

You are defending wealth hoarding, so evidently you haven't really ever given this topic much thought.

If a person legally earns money through their own endeavours in society then it's entirely up to them what they do with it.

The world would be a better place without people starving and I don't feel anyone needs more money than they will ever spend in a lifetime, but that's not the way the world works is it.

What gives you the right to tell people what they should do with their money out of interest?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 16:05 - Mar 16 with 4990 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 15:58 - Mar 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Yes I am sure billionaires sit around all day, stroking white cats, planning to kill James Bond and looking at football internet forums to see who is on their side and not joking about killing them.

You don't have any wealth to hoard otherwise I'm sure you would and you have to pay your taxes. Don't make out like you've had the chance to act otherwise but your morals have caused you to be a maverick.

You've admitted to taking things off people you think deserve you stealing off them. In my book that's worse than people hoarding wealth they have rightfully earned and want to keep hold of.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. Society is broke. It's not always the fault of those that benefit.

I don't necessarily agree with Callis a lot of the time but it's hard to argue with his general point here. Virgin want a bail out while throwing their staff under the bus and the man who founded the company could pay them all with pocket change.

Lets not forget that Virgin were one of the group who bought Flybe and have already had government help before Flybe went under for good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 16:08 - Mar 16 with 4976 viewsNewcyBlue

Can we start eating the rich yet? on 16:00 - Mar 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If a person legally earns money through their own endeavours in society then it's entirely up to them what they do with it.

The world would be a better place without people starving and I don't feel anyone needs more money than they will ever spend in a lifetime, but that's not the way the world works is it.

What gives you the right to tell people what they should do with their money out of interest?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024