Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? 15:55 - Mar 30 with 14765 viewsWarkystache

Mine was Geoff Capes. Fat, obnoxious w*nker.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:39 - Mar 30 with 2672 viewsWarkystache

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 16:35 - Mar 30 by Radlett_blue

I bet you called him that very quietly.

Yeah. I was only twelve as well.

Tel told me a good story about Jim Davidson once but I've forgotten the details. Basically he didn't come out of it very well.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:40 - Mar 30 with 2679 viewsallezlesbleus

Wife sat next to Kevin McCloud (not really a celebrity, I know) on a Ryanair flight and said that he was a right arrogant so and so.

I used to know several Town players...……..Mick Stockwell and Kieran Dyer are 2 that stood out for being rude / arrogant.

Bobby Robson was world class, just loved to chat football. Eddie Youds, John Wark, Jason Dozzell, Tony Vaughan, Gavin Johnson, Richard Wright and Jamie Scowcroft were all decent / friendly people.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:45 - Mar 30 with 2643 viewsChiefXL

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 16:33 - Mar 30 by BlueBadger

I find that grammar pedants are much fewer interesting than normal people.

'Few'
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:58 - Mar 30 with 2603 viewsslump

Dead now but Eric Bristow. An utter tool with a nasty streak!

UTT

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:03 - Mar 30 with 2582 viewshampstead_blue

Alan Brazil.

Sorry, but was scathing about certain ethnic and other groups. Had a day on the lash with him and he lost any respect he'd earned from being a class footballer.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:03 - Mar 30 with 2580 viewsFreddies_Ears

Andy Gray, back in his Sky days. Arrogant t1t.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:05 - Mar 30 with 2573 viewsfactual_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 16:33 - Mar 30 by BlueBadger

I find that grammar pedants are much fewer interesting than normal people.

That implies you know some normal people.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:07 - Mar 30 with 2574 viewsflimflam

Ended up at a house party early 90's after an all nighter on Clacton Pier.

Mr C from the Shamen was there and was the biggest cock you ever did meet. He eventually got asked to leave by the owner of the house.

The Prodigy were decent guys when down The Barn in Braintree but turned into obnoxious bell ends once they hit the big time.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 2565 viewsfactual_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:40 - Mar 30 by allezlesbleus

Wife sat next to Kevin McCloud (not really a celebrity, I know) on a Ryanair flight and said that he was a right arrogant so and so.

I used to know several Town players...……..Mick Stockwell and Kieran Dyer are 2 that stood out for being rude / arrogant.

Bobby Robson was world class, just loved to chat football. Eddie Youds, John Wark, Jason Dozzell, Tony Vaughan, Gavin Johnson, Richard Wright and Jamie Scowcroft were all decent / friendly people.

Sir Bobby's wife said she got him to take up golf to stop him taking about football all the time.

'All that happened', she said, 'was that he talked about football on the golf course'.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:10 - Mar 30 with 2560 viewsfactual_blue

I once saw Patricia Hodge mutilate a jellyfish on a Lincolnshire beach.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:10 - Mar 30 with 2560 viewshampstead_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:07 - Mar 30 by flimflam

Ended up at a house party early 90's after an all nighter on Clacton Pier.

Mr C from the Shamen was there and was the biggest cock you ever did meet. He eventually got asked to leave by the owner of the house.

The Prodigy were decent guys when down The Barn in Braintree but turned into obnoxious bell ends once they hit the big time.

I'd like to offer a different view of the Prodigy.

Mrs H knows them well. She has nothing but great things. We've lost Keith and the turnout for his funeral was crazy.

You may have found them on a bad day.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:15 - Mar 30 with 2544 viewsLord_Lucan

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:10 - Mar 30 by hampstead_blue

Mrs H knows them well. She has nothing but great things. We've lost Keith and the turnout for his funeral was crazy.

Everyone has good and bad days, I never understand why people expect celebrities to be any different.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 2540 viewsflimflam

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:10 - Mar 30 by hampstead_blue

Fair enough. Used to know them to speak to in passing when they frequented the Barn and were good lads but changed after they hit the big time.
The whole era was messy and a bit hazy so I'll take your word.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:18 - Mar 30 with 2533 viewssolemio

Cilla Black was voted most objectionable passenger by airline cabin crews. She thought she was the most important person in the world.

I didn't ever meet her, but I don't mind too much.

Bobby Robson was universally liked by rail crews on the East Coast mainline.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:20 - Mar 30 with 2522 viewsRadlett_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:35 - Mar 30 by NthQldITFC

Trevor Brooking felt a little clammy when he shook my hand, but I didn't hold it against him.

His wife used to be a patient of my late mother.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:22 - Mar 30 with 2524 viewsuefacup81

A friend of mine works in TV, and does a lot of work on a well-known obscure-answers-based prime-time quiz show.

Apparently the two presenters, for all their general geniality to camera, are a pair of prize jeb-ends with no time for anyone but themselves as soon as the cameras stop rolling. Even the camaraderie between the two of them is a complete and utter act.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:22 - Mar 30 with 2510 viewsRadlett_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:15 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Everyone has good and bad days, I never understand why people expect celebrities to be any different.

Especially when they are constantly pestered by (usually well meaning) people. Selfies now, it used to be autographs.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:22 - Mar 30 with 2514 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Worst: Jeremy Kyle, not rude, but arrogant.

Best: Tony Bellew, an absolute gent.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:30 - Mar 30 with 2487 viewsChurchman

The chef Aynsley Harriott. Not pleasant and used the phrase ‘don’t you know who I am?’.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:30 - Mar 30 with 2488 viewsPinewoodblue

I have problems in defining who should be regarded as a celebrity.

One person I took an immediate dislike to, in a hotel bar in Perth, was Alex Salmond.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 2472 viewsLord_Lucan

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:30 - Mar 30 by Pinewoodblue

I have problems in defining who should be regarded as a celebrity.

One person I took an immediate dislike to, in a hotel bar in Perth, was Alex Salmond.

Did he fondle your arse?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:33 - Mar 30 with 2472 viewsSharkey

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:14 - Mar 30 by EdwardStone

Colorblind James, from the Colorblind James Experience

Although he wasn't actually called James, but he was colourblind

Absolute gent, wonderful bloke

RIP, drowned in his own swimming pool a few years back

(He Must Have been) Quite a Guy
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:33 - Mar 30 with 2468 viewssolemio

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:30 - Mar 30 by Churchman

The chef Aynsley Harriott. Not pleasant and used the phrase ‘don’t you know who I am?’.

To which the only reply is 'No, but your nurse will be able to tell you.'
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:42 - Mar 30 with 2442 viewsPecker

Norman Wisdom. Absolutely loved his films, but met him and he was a total arrogant tw@t.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:45 - Mar 30 with 2426 viewsRadlett_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:42 - Mar 30 by Pecker

Norman Wisdom. Absolutely loved his films, but met him and he was a total arrogant tw@t.

Very big in Albania though. Dictator Hoxha deemed that Wisdom's films, in which his alter-ego Pitkin got the better of his bosses, were a Communist parable on class war.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024