Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT Fans 17:00 - Apr 28 with 2221 viewsJ2BLUE

If you are bored and missing GOT, check out Vikings on Prime.

Similar in a lot of ways and a decent story. Six seasons of it as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT Fans on 17:04 - Apr 28 with 1891 viewsBlueBadger

Alternatively, I'd like to recommend The Expanse on Prime. Basically GoT in space, the books were written by GRRM's assistants. They'll be finishing the series this year as well so there shouldn't be the problem with a weka ending that GoT had, if it's allowed to run to completion.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

GOT Fans on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 1885 viewsNewcyBlue

Vikings is brilliant. See J2, you're not all bad.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

GOT Fans on 17:08 - Apr 28 with 1881 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT Fans on 17:06 - Apr 28 by NewcyBlue

Vikings is brilliant. See J2, you're not all bad.

I love Judith.

Truly impaired.

GOT Fans on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 1862 viewsNewcyBlue

GOT Fans on 17:08 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I love Judith.

My Mum was called Judith. 12 years ago today she died.

GOT Fans on 17:18 - Apr 28 with 1860 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT Fans on 17:16 - Apr 28 by NewcyBlue

My Mum was called Judith. 12 years ago today she died.

Sorry bud. I'm sure she was just as lovely as Vikings Judith.

Truly impaired.

GOT Fans on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 1848 viewsNewcyBlue

GOT Fans on 17:18 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Sorry bud. I'm sure she was just as lovely as Vikings Judith.

I quite like Lagertha

We've just started watching Westworld. It's pretty good so far.

GOT Fans on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 1842 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT Fans on 17:21 - Apr 28 by NewcyBlue

I quite like Lagertha

We've just started watching Westworld. It's pretty good so far.

Lagertha is hot. Ragner downgraded.

I still have the last 2 seasons to watch. The main thing i've learnt so far is that Bjorn has poor taste in women.

Truly impaired.

GOT Fans on 17:28 - Apr 28 with 1827 viewsNewcyBlue

GOT Fans on 17:24 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I still have the last 2 seasons to watch. The main thing i've learnt so far is that Bjorn has poor taste in women.

Bjorn does have poor taste in women.

We've all been there though.

Login to get fewer ads

GOT Fans on 17:30 - Apr 28 with 1826 viewsfabian_illness

Vikings is indeed cracking TV.

I’d also like the put forward The Last Kingdom on Netflix.
GOT Fans on 17:43 - Apr 28 with 1806 viewsfactual_blue

GOT Fans on 17:24 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Get back to your vegetable picking.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

GOT Fans on 20:56 - Apr 28 with 1700 viewsIpswichKnight

I can also highly recommend The Last Kingdom on Netflix.
GOT Fans on 10:10 - Apr 29 with 1583 viewsbritbiker

Started watching Vikings years ago tgen.lost it when I reduced my sky deal as it was part of the documentary package. I have it back again now and will catch up.

I have just finished watching the second series of Norsemen on Netficks. Its a subtle comedy based on Vikings and also an element of GOT. Has vikings questioning why they are so violent and the one who cant go on raids as his wife gives him a hard time when he gets home and has been involved with slaughter and rape. Its been done really well, not like the american type of film parodies.

Marco Polo is also very good. Based on tge Mongols and Kublai Khan era. Only fault is the insistance of film makers having blind men who are awesome at martial arts.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 10:11]
GOT Fans on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 1571 viewsElephantintheRoom

Agreed - although it went off the rails a bit in one of the later series it was excellent viewing.

Fir Breaking Bad fans missing out on better call saul, I can heartily recommend Ozark.... and for la reina del sol fans there is el dragon.... both on netflix

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

GOT Fans on 10:18 - Apr 29 with 1569 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s a decent watch. Completely takes liberties with history though.

I’ve watched every season now and the quality doesn’t dip imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT Fans on 16:38 - Jul 10 with 1335 viewsfarkenhell

Bumped this thread just to say a huge thanks to J2 and everyone else who recommended Vikings. Just finished Season 6 Part 1 and can't wait for Part 2 to be released. Compelling viewing and certainly helped my wife and me to get through the lockdown on the right side of sanity!

About to begin the Last Kingdom...
GOT Fans on 16:42 - Jul 10 with 1324 viewsHalf_Idiot

GOT Fans on 10:10 - Apr 29 by britbiker

Started watching Vikings years ago tgen.lost it when I reduced my sky deal as it was part of the documentary package. I have it back again now and will catch up.

I have just finished watching the second series of Norsemen on Netficks. Its a subtle comedy based on Vikings and also an element of GOT. Has vikings questioning why they are so violent and the one who cant go on raids as his wife gives him a hard time when he gets home and has been involved with slaughter and rape. Its been done really well, not like the american type of film parodies.

Marco Polo is also very good. Based on tge Mongols and Kublai Khan era. Only fault is the insistance of film makers having blind men who are awesome at martial arts.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 10:11]

Norsemen is brilliant! Am i right in thinking there's a new season just out?
GOT Fans on 16:57 - Jul 10 with 1302 viewssparks

Vikings is fun- but we have kinda given up on it. Not sure how many series we have left, but it feels like it has run out of steam...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

GOT Fans on 17:01 - Jul 10 with 1291 viewsmikeybloo88

GOT Fans on 10:15 - Apr 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Agreed - although it went off the rails a bit in one of the later series it was excellent viewing.

Fir Breaking Bad fans missing out on better call saul, I can heartily recommend Ozark.... and for la reina del sol fans there is el dragon.... both on netflix

Ozark is just brilliant. Anyone who liked Sons of Anarchy I recommend Mayans on the Beeb. From the same stable as SOA with a few old Sons characters in it too...not as good as Sons but decent enough.
GOT Fans on 17:09 - Jul 10 with 1283 viewsBLUEBEAT

GOT Fans on 17:01 - Jul 10 by mikeybloo88

Ozark is just brilliant. Anyone who liked Sons of Anarchy I recommend Mayans on the Beeb. From the same stable as SOA with a few old Sons characters in it too...not as good as Sons but decent enough.

I thought SOA was pretty good but Mayans is dogsh!t

Poll: W or W

GOT Fans on 17:16 - Jul 10 with 1275 viewsfarkenhell

GOT Fans on 16:57 - Jul 10 by sparks

Vikings is fun- but we have kinda given up on it. Not sure how many series we have left, but it feels like it has run out of steam...

It did languish a bit after Ragnor went off the rails (can't remember which season), but it came back with a vengeance with Ivor. I won't say any more for fear of spoiling for you, but do stick with it.

My wife and I felt deflated when we finished the last episode, which I think speaks volumes.
GOT Fans on 17:30 - Jul 10 with 1265 viewssparks

GOT Fans on 17:16 - Jul 10 by farkenhell

It did languish a bit after Ragnor went off the rails (can't remember which season), but it came back with a vengeance with Ivor. I won't say any more for fear of spoiling for you, but do stick with it.

My wife and I felt deflated when we finished the last episode, which I think speaks volumes.

Seen plenty of Ivor and Lagether and Bjorn... Seen plenty of Iceland too. All got a bit grim and tedious.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

GOT Fans on 17:43 - Jul 10 with 1253 viewsfarkenhell

GOT Fans on 17:30 - Jul 10 by sparks

Seen plenty of Ivor and Lagether and Bjorn... Seen plenty of Iceland too. All got a bit grim and tedious.

Yes, most of the Iceland was dull. You must be on, or at least close, to season 6? What I will say is that the build up to the final episode was much more entertaining.

I think they struggled to maintain the charm and plot development after the rise of Ragnor (I much preferred the Wessex and Franco scenes). But, what I will say is that the story has been left finely-poised.
GOT Fans on 23:48 - Jul 10 with 1165 viewsjeera

I thought J2 had posted for a moment.

Disappointing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

GOT Fans on 07:16 - Jul 11 with 1113 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT Fans on 23:48 - Jul 10 by jeera

I thought J2 had posted for a moment.

Disappointing.

Yeah. Where is J2 anyway? Much missed on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT Fans on 07:44 - Jul 11 with 1090 viewsLibero

GOT Fans on 07:16 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. Where is J2 anyway? Much missed on here.

Last time I spoke to him on here was the first week or so I returned to the site, he was talking about being a “professional gambler” while also mentioning betting on Belarusian football and refusing to sign on for Job Seekers, although he was cross he didn’t qualify for the self employed help scheme.

I hope he’s getting by okay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024