Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LATEST SCORE : Boris Johnson 0-194 Sir Keir Starmer 12:41 - May 6 with 14674 viewsMaySixth

Boris Johnson : “International comparisons are not being made”

Keir Starmer : “Here is a slide from last night showing the government making international comparisons”

Silence.

(FIVE)
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:50]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:48 - May 7 with 1082 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:38 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

that would be 'own' in the sense of correctly predict, warn against, and get angry about. i could hardly have told you more often that people like you were letting down all those that needed a labour government. but you were too busy not seeing stuff.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 10:39]

Awkward

https://www.ft.com/content/031031ec-b9e6-4e06-ae7f-7ea8375a4760

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:02 - May 7 with 1063 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:21 - May 7 by m14_blue

It was pathetic.

How can someone who wants to be Prime Minister refuse to take a position on the most important political issue we have faced for generations, it’s laughable.

Anyway, we should all try and look forward and do whatever is necessary to oust this useless, lying, vacuous and immoral government and the charlatan who leads them. They are without doubt the least talented and least trustworthy administration in living memory.

I personally think it's far worse to use your position to influence the public with pithy soundbites.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:04 - May 7 with 1063 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:25 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

so you think dawn butler, corybyn's crony supreme, is wrong in what she says?

I have no interest in what she says, I have commented on your regular change of position on this issue.

Stop swerving and just own up to being a massive hypocrite.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:05 - May 7 with 1063 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:26 - May 7 by giant_stow

Blaming us voters again. See?

Everyone else's fault, but the man and the movement behind him.

Poorer people will be thanking him for decades to come.

Where have I blamed the voters? I mean they ARE partially to blame, obviously, but I didn't even mention then!

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:06 - May 7 with 1060 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:02 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

I personally think it's far worse to use your position to influence the public with pithy soundbites.

"For the many not the few"

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:07 - May 7 with 1062 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:28 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

Corbyn should have just explained where he stood.

Brexit was an either/or vote. Instead of in or out, he shook it all about.

“Doing what wins votes” and that’s the problem. To make change you, you have to be in a position to make the change.

I still believe that politicians should be held accountable in a court of law for what they say.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 11:30]

Absolutely agree with your last line.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:09 - May 7 with 1057 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:05 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Where have I blamed the voters? I mean they ARE partially to blame, obviously, but I didn't even mention then!

"and those on the sidelines like yourself who fell for it." = voters

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:23 - May 7 with 1048 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:04 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

I have no interest in what she says, I have commented on your regular change of position on this issue.

Stop swerving and just own up to being a massive hypocrite.

i haven't changed my position once. not one iota. i have been boringly, dully, repetitively, obsessively, consistent - as any reader of the forum will attest.

my view, based upon all the evidence I have seen, is that labour under corbyn utterly failed to deal with serious anti-semitism within the party. but me stating that won't convince you or that other nutter. so i say: let's see what the ehrc concludes - since i assume that you will accept their findings as fair and conclusive. I know what i expect them to find - but, again, just me saying that isn't going to convince you.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:10 - May 7 with 1015 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:32 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

Corbyn’s lack of anything regarding Brexit showed how utterly useless he was to me.

That said, I said from the start that whilst I don’t particularly think Corbyn was the answer, I did hope he was a catalyst for change in Politics. Unfortunately, people still seem to vote because they want rid of the brown people down the road.

Oh, and please stop the “own it” stuff. It’s ridiculous.

Not while people are asking Corbyn supporters to "own it".

It seems Corbyn and his supporters were the ones who spent 5 years talking most about the need to invest in public services, the NHS and protecting the most vulnerable in society. While the opponents kept banging on about other stuff (a lot of it made up) to distract from that conversation.

Yes, Brexit was a disaster for Corbyn and Labour but it's been a disaster for every party really. The Tories profited from deciding that it was in their political interests to have it in their 2015 manifesto and then blindly sticking to it and even making it worse to get the votes from Farage's loons. But this is just another example of the UK losing out on brave, honest and selfless government for the country's best interests.

Pronouns: He/Him

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:16 - May 7 with 1009 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:23 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

i haven't changed my position once. not one iota. i have been boringly, dully, repetitively, obsessively, consistent - as any reader of the forum will attest.

my view, based upon all the evidence I have seen, is that labour under corbyn utterly failed to deal with serious anti-semitism within the party. but me stating that won't convince you or that other nutter. so i say: let's see what the ehrc concludes - since i assume that you will accept their findings as fair and conclusive. I know what i expect them to find - but, again, just me saying that isn't going to convince you.

I'll judge the EHRC report as I judge anything else - the factual evidence it presents.

You'll believe or make up anything if it suits you.

"All the evidence I've seen" - everyone and their dog knows you mean the accusations you've chosen to highlight. You've boringly, dully, repetitively, obsessively and consistently ignored pretty much all the actual evidence.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:19 - May 7 with 1005 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 12:09 - May 7 by giant_stow

"and those on the sidelines like yourself who fell for it." = voters

To be fair, ullaa you've been vocal and engaged but utterly shallow and uninterested in the evidence.

I wouldn't pin that on the average voter.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:23 - May 7 with 998 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:39 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

The Starmer smear wagon has been rolling for few weeks now. Mostly from embittered Corbynites who are accusing him of being in the pay of Zionists and the Rothschilds.

Really? Not in the mainstream or even on here from what I can see.

If it's just twitter warriors, then it's a smear scooter at best.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:27 - May 7 with 985 viewsmrshallisfit

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:25 - May 6 by The_Last_Baron

Whatever you can say about Starmer, charasmatic is not one of them.

Possibly the dullest politician of recent times, even duller than Milliband.

Duller than Raab? Really?
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:28 - May 7 with 981 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:19 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, ullaa you've been vocal and engaged but utterly shallow and uninterested in the evidence.

I wouldn't pin that on the average voter.

While you’re here, what’s your stance on an independent Scotland these days?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:36 - May 7 with 972 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:28 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

While you’re here, what’s your stance on an independent Scotland these days?

Still more desirable than not desirable with the direction the UK is going. If that direction changes* then I could easily be persuaded against it. But I think that's true even of a majority of those who currently want independence.

Clearly not the time for that issue right now. Maybe in the nearish future though.

*The structural inequalities and imbalances aren't just a home nation thing and loads of the UK population and communities deserve far better representation and ultimately investment in their future.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:04 - May 7 with 952 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:38 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

that would be 'own' in the sense of correctly predict, warn against, and get angry about. i could hardly have told you more often that people like you were letting down all those that needed a labour government. but you were too busy not seeing stuff.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 10:39]

Difficult for him & the tiny minority sharing his viewpoint to see anything really, when they're sitting 200' up in the echo chamber of their windowless ivory tower of idealism discussing their purist vision of utopia.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:15 - May 7 with 950 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:04 - May 7 by Ryorry

Difficult for him & the tiny minority sharing his viewpoint to see anything really, when they're sitting 200' up in the echo chamber of their windowless ivory tower of idealism discussing their purist vision of utopia.

A "purist vision of Utopia"?? Knowing that the UK could and should be a lot better for a lot more people isn't some pipe dream.

I think your vision is rubbish.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:17 - May 7 with 941 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:21 - May 7 by m14_blue

It was pathetic.

How can someone who wants to be Prime Minister refuse to take a position on the most important political issue we have faced for generations, it’s laughable.

Anyway, we should all try and look forward and do whatever is necessary to oust this useless, lying, vacuous and immoral government and the charlatan who leads them. They are without doubt the least talented and least trustworthy administration in living memory.

Quite. And Corbyn actually changed his mind, then shilly-shallied about, in moves to go with what he thought would gain him the most votes at any given time.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:22 - May 7 with 937 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:15 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

A "purist vision of Utopia"?? Knowing that the UK could and should be a lot better for a lot more people isn't some pipe dream.

I think your vision is rubbish.

My vision is different from yours in that it recognises reality. Millions of other pragmatists seem to share my view that a purist form of Utopia is about as much use as a chocolate teapot if it stands no earthly use whatsoever of ever being achieved.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:25 - May 7 with 941 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:22 - May 7 by Ryorry

My vision is different from yours in that it recognises reality. Millions of other pragmatists seem to share my view that a purist form of Utopia is about as much use as a chocolate teapot if it stands no earthly use whatsoever of ever being achieved.

Hoho.

You always take your dog for a walk when it's time to address reality.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:27 - May 7 with 935 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:22 - May 7 by Ryorry

i have a feeling many corbynistas didn't have much skin in the game - they could afford to aim too high, as failure wasn't a personal disaster. Could be wrong, but i think the crumbling red wall is a massive clue.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 14:37]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:35 - May 7 with 912 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:25 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Hoho.

You always take your dog for a walk when it's time to address reality.

If ever further proof were required of your lying & stupidly dirty tactics when people disagree with you in debate ...

I should thank you for dragging that demonstrably untrue old chestnut back up, it's laughable really that you keep running with something that was actually invented by BentleyBlue/benters of village green "fame".

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:37 - May 7 with 914 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:27 - May 7 by giant_stow

i have a feeling many corbynistas didn't have much skin in the game - they could afford to aim too high, as failure wasn't a personal disaster. Could be wrong, but i think the crumbling red wall is a massive clue.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 14:37]

Wait a minute. Who does and doesn't have "skin in the game"? Do you?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:40 - May 7 with 911 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:35 - May 7 by Ryorry

If ever further proof were required of your lying & stupidly dirty tactics when people disagree with you in debate ...

I should thank you for dragging that demonstrably untrue old chestnut back up, it's laughable really that you keep running with something that was actually invented by BentleyBlue/benters of village green "fame".

Yes. It was so obvious even Benters got it.

I know that you've been as bad as any at ignoring stuff. But I don't take it personally so keep firing away.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:47 - May 7 with 891 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:37 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Wait a minute. Who does and doesn't have "skin in the game"? Do you?

Who has skin in the game? People with less money, more likely to need state support or living in a day to day - the old working class + today's even less fortunate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024