Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) 11:36 - May 18 with 1055 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:37 - May 18 with 1044 viewsKieran_Knows

Not everyone's cup of tea, but glad to see him staying. I know he's said it before, but very much looks like he'll move in to a coaching role here once he hangs his boots up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Good news. (n/t) on 11:37 - May 18 with 1025 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:37 - May 18 with 1027 viewsStadiumofdark

who with....?
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:39 - May 18 with 1007 viewsChutney

I would imagine / hope it's on materially reduced terms compared to his last deal, but fair enough. If we're relying on him playing week in, week out next season I think we're in trouble, but given Downes is likely to be off, and Bishop / Huws have both had injury issues I think it makes sense to have a reliable midfield head around the place.
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:40 - May 18 with 987 viewsuefacup81

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:39 - May 18 by Chutney

I would imagine / hope it's on materially reduced terms compared to his last deal, but fair enough. If we're relying on him playing week in, week out next season I think we're in trouble, but given Downes is likely to be off, and Bishop / Huws have both had injury issues I think it makes sense to have a reliable midfield head around the place.

The fact that it's a new deal rather than having activated his extra year would suggest that's the case.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:40 - May 18 with 988 viewsitfcjoe

Well considering we haven't taken the option it must be, because otherwise we'd have just taken that at the wages he was previously on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:42 - May 18 with 948 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Looking forward to reading the news comments later

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:43 - May 18 with 944 viewsSitfcB

Must’ve taken a pay cut as completely new terms?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:43 - May 18 with 945 viewshaynes_toe1

I know he gets stick on here and in the stands sometimes but that's a good signing for a team in our current position (midtable league one)
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:44 - May 18 with 926 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:40 - May 18 by itfcjoe

Well considering we haven't taken the option it must be, because otherwise we'd have just taken that at the wages he was previously on

That makes sense - I was a bit surprised to see us agreeing a contract with the current uncertainty. I guess that works for all parties as presumably Skuse is fairly settled and won’t have any real desire to be uprooting across the country for a years contract somewhere

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:45 - May 18 with 909 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. And he was already being phased out towards the end of last season it seemed.

Having him around in the squad as experience, backup and even balance in the team at times, almost justifies a more youthful approach elsewhere. At least on paper.

Pronouns: He/Him

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:46 - May 18 with 894 viewsSitfcB

Sorry I said the same thing but the connection was a bit slow in the Sainsbury’s sh!tter.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:47 - May 18 with 891 viewsChutney

Yep, that's what I meant.

Works for both parties I imagine, and Skuse isn't short of a few quid.
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 11:55 - May 18 with 841 viewspatrickswell

Mach will be kicking the cat all day then...
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 12:34 - May 18 with 771 viewsMattinLondon

Do you know if it was due to PL advice to offer a new contract or did Evans want him to stay?
Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 12:42 - May 18 with 748 viewsChrisd

Decent for experience, but hoping we begin to slowly phase him out during next season and rely less on him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 13:35 - May 18 with 668 viewsBlueBadger

Skuse signs new 1 year deal (n/t) on 12:42 - May 18 by Chrisd

Decent for experience, but hoping we begin to slowly phase him out during next season and rely less on him.

Personally I was expecting that to happen last season, but as we had two inept disasters in charge, we had to 'safe' times to integrate younger players into the side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024