Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical question to all? 18:36 - May 18 with 1251 viewsJoHnNnY

Who actually would rather have Harry Redknapp as owner to Evans?

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:40 - May 18 with 1233 viewsChutney

No thanks. I would like Harry as manager if he fancied one last crack at a job. It would require ME loosening the purse strings a little, while keeping him sufficiently in check to maintain the longer term sustainability of the club. He would certainly get a tune out of our squad next season that's for sure.
Hypothetical question to all? on 18:41 - May 18 with 1228 viewsTractorWood

Evans because he's worth £750m.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:42 - May 18 with 1212 viewsfooters

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:41 - May 18 by TractorWood

Evans because he's worth £750m.

But thanks to some creative accounting, so is 'Arry.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:43 - May 18 with 1210 viewsSpruceMoose

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:42 - May 18 by footers

Well, his dog is.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hypothetical question to all? on 23:56 - May 18 with 1094 viewspatrickswell

It makes me uneasy, but Evans has been such a disaster across his time here, I would be prepared to accept just to get some fresh thinking at boardroom level and at least Redknapp would be here and visible, rather than waffling on from afar about a vision that seems to be propelling us to National League South.
Hypothetical question to all? on 08:05 - May 19 with 984 viewsWeWereZombies

I think I would rather have Nick Leeson as owner than Redknapp.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hypothetical question to all? on 08:06 - May 19 with 981 viewsGeoffSentence

Hypothetical question to all? on 18:42 - May 18 by footers

Harry is potless.

We need Rosie as the owner of our club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hypothetical question to all? on 08:13 - May 19 with 974 viewsChrisd

It’s got to be ME, even though we are slowly going backwards as a club under his leadership. I like Harry, but he seems to leave most clubs in a financial mess, although thinking about it we’re not that great in that area either. I might be changing my mind.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:17]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical question to all? on 08:20 - May 19 with 957 viewsPlums

I’d rather have Harry Hill TBH. Redknapp’s departure tends to leave clubs in a hole and that’s as manager, goodness knows what wreckage he’d leave in the boardroom.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:33 - May 19 with 903 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypothetical question to all? on 08:20 - May 19 by Plums

I’d rather have Harry Hill TBH. Redknapp’s departure tends to leave clubs in a hole and that’s as manager, goodness knows what wreckage he’d leave in the boardroom.

There's only one way to sort this out...

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:33 - May 19 with 902 viewsMullet

I'd rather burn the club down in every sense and never speak of it again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:40 - May 19 with 895 viewsITFC_Forever

Hypothetical question to all? on 08:13 - May 19 by Chrisd

It’s got to be ME, even though we are slowly going backwards as a club under his leadership. I like Harry, but he seems to leave most clubs in a financial mess, although thinking about it we’re not that great in that area either. I might be changing my mind.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:17]

Tottenham weren't in a mess when he left.

Portsmouth were, but that's because of the owners and the various disputes that were going on at the time, not just Harry. They had a net transfer income of something like +£80m and still ended up in trouble.

Certainly he (and Mark Hughes) left a massive financial legacy at QPR that they are yet to recover from.

To an extent, he is partly at fault for the situation of Birmingham, but again, the owners have proven to be far more culpable.

Harry isn't entirely blameless, but to pin all these on him is not fair.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:54 - May 19 with 883 viewsLibero

Ugh, even just the question makes me sad.

Oh how I dream of supporter ownership...
Hypothetical question to all? on 09:56 - May 19 with 877 viewsGeoffSentence

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:40 - May 19 by ITFC_Forever

Portsmouth were, but that's because of the owners and the various disputes that were going on at the time, not just Harry. They had a net transfer income of something like +£80m and still ended up in trouble.

Certainly he (and Mark Hughes) left a massive financial legacy at QPR that they are yet to recover from.

To an extent, he is partly at fault for the situation of Birmingham, but again, the owners have proven to be far more culpable.

You can add Southampton to 'Arry's list of shame.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hypothetical question to all? on 10:02 - May 19 with 866 viewsMullet

Hypothetical question to all? on 09:40 - May 19 by ITFC_Forever

I'd say Spurs are the outlier because they are a bigger club, who relatively speaking he wasn't allowed to run riot with the finances.

He is the common factor at all these clubs, and even when talking about Frank brazenly sits there and says it's all about spending. Coaching, management etc. are all left to everyone else under him, he merely talks a good game, butters the right people up and pushes his massive ego into the spotlight when it goes well before sodding off.

He's possibly the worst thing to happen to English football if not the embodiment of it all. The fact he's managed to help **** us up so badly just by picking up the phone and golf bag says it all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hypothetical question to all? on 10:10 - May 19 with 857 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypothetical question to all? on 10:02 - May 19 by Mullet

I'd say Spurs are the outlier because they are a bigger club, who relatively speaking he wasn't allowed to run riot with the finances.

He is the common factor at all these clubs, and even when talking about Frank brazenly sits there and says it's all about spending. Coaching, management etc. are all left to everyone else under him, he merely talks a good game, butters the right people up and pushes his massive ego into the spotlight when it goes well before sodding off.

He's possibly the worst thing to happen to English football if not the embodiment of it all. The fact he's managed to help **** us up so badly just by picking up the phone and golf bag says it all.

'he merely talks a good game, butters the right people up and pushes his massive ego into the spotlight when it goes well before sodding off'

Reminds me of one or two in the political sphere, whilst it is true that Johnson has yet to sod off the Nigel F pattern does resemble the Harry R one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024