Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us 10:50 - May 19 with 12116 viewsportmanking

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro

Basically saying that there is a growing appetite among League 1 teams to end the season now, avoid weighted PPG or non-weighted PPG and go straight into an eight-team playoff with the 3rd to 10th placed teams as is.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:54 - May 20 with 437 viewsJ2BLUE

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:44 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I never said you weren't the problem!

Take a joke libs

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:02 - May 20 with 423 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:34 - May 20 by Libero

It's interesting to read how you view yourself in these situations.

It doesn't matter how many times people tell you that quite often it's not the opinion you're expressing but the way you're expressing it that makes you look like a tit, you return this modus operandi.

- case in point, J2 holds the same view as you in this very thread, only he isn't conducting himself in the same way you are: notice how J2 isn't getting the heat you're getting?

I think chrisswailes has it right when he said about engagement. I regretted engaging with you the moment you started replying in your rabid manner directly to me.
It's a lose, lose situation for me to get entangled in these kinds of discussions with you when you're all pumped up: it either goes on forever and gets nowhere, or you refuse to let me back away without you somehow characterising it as a "win" for yourself.
It's a process you go through with various posters and It's energy sapping.

I felt bad that I hurt your feelings, even if you did blow it out of all proportion, I apologised and you again tried to re-frame it.
I offered clarification, you again got offended and proceeded to try and engage in a pointless and petty tit for tat call and response.

I said pages and pages ago that I see merit in both points of view but you're like a dog with a bone, that's why I gave the advice that you need to let it go, not because I'm trying to silence you, or that I have a "very odd way of debating" - I stated out right I have zero interest in debating you...

I think chrisswailes is also right about how you lose sight of the original conversation.
You get so deep into what you view as defending yourself/your stance that your responses become very confrontational and accusational.
The only way out at that point is to either ignore you or go through the tedious procedure which is trying to offer you some kind of insight as to why you're not getting the reaction you expect. The latter usually involves you becoming more upset/frustrated/angry/rabid and in my experience leads to the individual you're in conversation with quite often becoming exasperated to the point where you have exhausted their patience.

I reckon you're probably a really cool dude in real life Dollers but the huge blind spot you have once these digital blinkers go on makes you very difficult to engage with.

I'm sorry if any of this has hurt your feelings further, I'm just trying to be honest in the hope it will give you a more complete view of why you repeatedly find yourself in these situations with various posters over various subjects.

Me personally, I'll be a lot more careful moving forwards about what threads I do or don't respond to and how I articulate responses to your responses to me.
I enjoyed talking Star Wars with you a couple of days ago bud, lets have more conversations like that.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 14:41]

Bloody hell, you're relentless. It's a new day, move on.

Only joking, thank you for your feedback. I guess I don't see myself the way (some) others do.

Some things I don't quite understand - for example, if it's petty tit for tat, how is that all my fault? Surely there needs to be some tat to go with the tit, unless I'm tit for tatting with myself?

Secondly, this idea that I'm "pumped up" or "angry/rabid" - I'm sat here on a beautiful day, with no work to do, eating a salad. Just because I'm responding to you in what seems to be an angry/rabid way doesn't necessarily mean it's the case.

Thirdly, I don't understand how you can apologise and "feel bad for hurting my feelings" and then keep repeating the things that my feelings are apparently hurt about. Doesn't seem like much of an apology.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:08 - May 20 with 409 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:37 - May 20 by Libero

Yes, because I'm the problem.

Until a few weeks ago I'd been away from posting on the board for over a year, I did however read it still most days. These interactions aren't limited to myself, just look in the thread.

Like chrisswailes say's it's always everyone else in Dollers eyes.
"board mafia" indeed.

He's not saying you're the problem.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:13 - May 20 with 395 viewsSpruceMoose

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:46 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

Well yes, because there's been several occasions where I've realised and admitted I'm wrong. You choose to forget those though.

But also, don't most people mostly think they're right when posting on a particular subject? For example, I can't remember you posting where you were wrong.

It's interesting you're taking the high ground here and appealing to the masses because I've seen you have some massive fallouts with others on here.

I generally only fall out with folk when they have a history of posting trolling, hateful, disingenuous, or racist comments.

I'm not having a meltdown about whether we may or may not end up in these sham playoffs!

Anyway, you're alright Dollers. I still love you.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 15:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:15 - May 20 with 390 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:13 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I generally only fall out with folk when they have a history of posting trolling, hateful, disingenuous, or racist comments.

I'm not having a meltdown about whether we may or may not end up in these sham playoffs!

Anyway, you're alright Dollers. I still love you.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 15:14]

Oh yes you are. The way you posted this was rabid, especially the love bit.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:19 - May 20 with 380 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:20 - May 20 with 378 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:02 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

Bloody hell, you're relentless. It's a new day, move on.

Only joking, thank you for your feedback. I guess I don't see myself the way (some) others do.

Some things I don't quite understand - for example, if it's petty tit for tat, how is that all my fault? Surely there needs to be some tat to go with the tit, unless I'm tit for tatting with myself?

Secondly, this idea that I'm "pumped up" or "angry/rabid" - I'm sat here on a beautiful day, with no work to do, eating a salad. Just because I'm responding to you in what seems to be an angry/rabid way doesn't necessarily mean it's the case.

Thirdly, I don't understand how you can apologise and "feel bad for hurting my feelings" and then keep repeating the things that my feelings are apparently hurt about. Doesn't seem like much of an apology.

Appreciate the humour, much better than J2's attempt, maybe you can give him some pointers...

Thing is Dollers, if you understood the things you're saying that you don't then you wouldn't have these situations happen over and over again.

I think maybe my choice of language threw you, what I'm saying is that you lose yourself in the discussion and become a relentless pedant focusing on semantics in an attempt to score petty points against who you see as your opponent, even if they've clearly stated they've no interest in a debate.

When I say that you're pumped up I'm not suggesting you are actually sitting there with steam coming out of your ears, I'm talking about the velocity, style and number of your posts on a subject/directed at an individual. This is why I used the adjective rabid, you are replying in a rabid nature even if you're not actually angry.
I think you maybe need to think about how it comes across to others? Again, I'm not perfect, everyone that's used the site over the last 6/7 years knows that but I'm just trying to offer you a broader view as to why you are consistently having these issues with various posters over various topics.

Thirdly and finally, I apologised because I felt bad for hurting your feelings.
I offered greater explanation and justification as to my choice of words and how I felt you are being exagerative in response.
I can feel bad about upsetting you while also feeling completely vindicated in my choice of language/words/etc.
You're not a thick bloke, I think even if you don't agree with me 100% you can see how and why I used the term "rabid" to describe your posting style in on this subject, it's a suitable description and was not meant as a slur.

Ultimately I wish I had the discipline of chrisswailes who summed it up then peaced out, but as I said in another post in this thread; I will be a lot more careful about how/when/what I engage with you over in future.

I'm not too interested in carrying this on and I sincerely doubt anyone wants to read another 4 pages of it mate. If you're happy to I really think we should finally draw it all to a close now, on a mutual understanding, if not agreement.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 16:22 - May 20 with 336 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 15:20 - May 20 by Libero

Appreciate the humour, much better than J2's attempt, maybe you can give him some pointers...

Thing is Dollers, if you understood the things you're saying that you don't then you wouldn't have these situations happen over and over again.

I think maybe my choice of language threw you, what I'm saying is that you lose yourself in the discussion and become a relentless pedant focusing on semantics in an attempt to score petty points against who you see as your opponent, even if they've clearly stated they've no interest in a debate.

When I say that you're pumped up I'm not suggesting you are actually sitting there with steam coming out of your ears, I'm talking about the velocity, style and number of your posts on a subject/directed at an individual. This is why I used the adjective rabid, you are replying in a rabid nature even if you're not actually angry.
I think you maybe need to think about how it comes across to others? Again, I'm not perfect, everyone that's used the site over the last 6/7 years knows that but I'm just trying to offer you a broader view as to why you are consistently having these issues with various posters over various topics.

Thirdly and finally, I apologised because I felt bad for hurting your feelings.
I offered greater explanation and justification as to my choice of words and how I felt you are being exagerative in response.
I can feel bad about upsetting you while also feeling completely vindicated in my choice of language/words/etc.
You're not a thick bloke, I think even if you don't agree with me 100% you can see how and why I used the term "rabid" to describe your posting style in on this subject, it's a suitable description and was not meant as a slur.

Ultimately I wish I had the discipline of chrisswailes who summed it up then peaced out, but as I said in another post in this thread; I will be a lot more careful about how/when/what I engage with you over in future.

I'm not too interested in carrying this on and I sincerely doubt anyone wants to read another 4 pages of it mate. If you're happy to I really think we should finally draw it all to a close now, on a mutual understanding, if not agreement.

Not interested in carrying it on after you've had your big say, TYPICAL!

Fine, let bygones be bygones, whatever the hell that means.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024